Trump Calls Comey "Untruthful Slime Ball"

Airbrush

It looks like Trump is flipping out over his lawyer getting raided by the FBI.  Michael Cohen kept recordings of conversations!!!  Then on top of that parts of Comey's new book are released.  He compares Trump to a Mafia "Don" and his team as gangsters adhering to a family code of silence and spin.

So here is Trump's latest Tweet on 4-13-18:

James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did-until he was, in fact, fired. He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH. He is a weak and.....

....untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst “botch jobs” of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/13/us/politics/trump-calls-comey-untruthful-slimeball-as-book-details-released.html

Does anyone know of an example of Comey being untruthful or lying?

Edited by Airbrush

I wanted to examine some of the most recent lies Comey has told.  Does anyone know of any good Comey lies?  A good source should be "lyincomey.com".  Has anyone ever checked out all the lies they caught Comey telling?  Here is what I found at LyinComey.com:

I think that first impressions are very important, so what are the first lies that they list?  NONE, they quote dems criticizing Comey:  Nancy Pelosi "Comey not in the right job";  Maxine Waters "Comey has no credibility";  Hillary Clinton "Comey overstepped his bounds";  Chuck Schumer "I have no confidence in Comey";  Bernie Sanders "outrageous".  No lies listed yet, so keep reading.

LIE#1  When Comey was asked if he had ever been an anonymous source or known someone to be an anonymous source?  He LIED and answered "Never, No".  Trump tweeted that Comey is shown clearly lying on @foxandfriends (3-18-18).  So when I click on @foxandfriends to see this TOP of the list of lies it takes me to the Twitter page of Fox & Friends, and there is nothing about any lies there.  Then it says that Comey later testified that he asked a friend to share the content of his memo with a reporter.  This is the first on their list of famous Comey lies?!

LIE#2  Comey portrays himself as an innocent victim fired by Trump.  The TRUTH is the dems wanted him fired.  Is this a lie?

LIE#3  Comey portrays himself as nonpartisan rather than politically motivated.  The TRUTH is that the dems slammed Comey as a partisan political leaker.  Is this a lie?

LIE#4  Comey may use book tour to push the phony narrative that Trump obstructed the Russia investigation.  The TRUTH is Comey confirmed under oath that neither Trump nor his staff asked him to stop the Russia investigation.  Is this a lie?

These are the best 4 LIES that Trump's Cosa Nostra could think of?!!!  At the bottom it says "Click here for the facts".  Then I get "404 ERROR - Don't worry, we're making it great again.  Start here."  When I click on "Start here" it just takes me to the GOP web site.

https://lyincomey.com/

Edited by Airbrush

8 hours ago, Airbrush said:

LIE#1  When Comey was asked if he had ever been an anonymous source or known someone to be an anonymous source?  He LIED and answered "Never, No".  Trump tweeted that Comey is shown clearly lying on @foxandfriends (3-18-18).  So when I click on @foxandfriends to see this TOP of the list of lies it takes me to the Twitter page of Fox & Friends, and there is nothing about any lies there.  Then it says that Comey later testified that he asked a friend to share the content of his memo with a reporter.  This is the first on their list of famous Comey lies?!

Comey testified under oath while still acting as FBI Director in March of 2017. He was fired in May and it was after his firing that he asked a close friend to leak contents of the memo to the press. One need to only look at the timeline. It is Trump who is lying when he claims Comey lied under oath. 

LIE#2  Comey portrays himself as an innocent victim fired by Trump.  The TRUTH is the dems wanted him fired.  Is this a lie?

This is a contextual lie on the part of Trump and his supporters. Trump did not fire Comey to please Democrats. Trump fired Comey to make the Russia investigation go away. So in context to events how Democrats did or did not feel about Comey is totally irrelevant. 

LIE#3  Comey portrays himself as nonpartisan rather than politically motivated.  The TRUTH is that the dems slammed Comey as a partisan political leaker.  Is this a lie?

Comey was a registered Republican throughout most of his professional career and donated money to both the McCain and Romney presidential campaigns. After becoming FBI director in 2013 he registered as an independent. 

LIE#4  Comey may use book tour to push the phony narrative that Trump obstructed the Russia investigation.  The TRUTH is Comey confirmed under oath that neither Trump nor his staff asked him to stop the Russia investigation.  Is this a lie?

Comey testified that Trump demanded loyalty and asked him directly to make the the Flynn investigation go away. Flynn is part of the Russian investigation and has since plead guilty to lying to federal authorities about his dealings with Russia. 

This whole thing reminds me of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Just after the election people on this forum were slamming Comey for leaking things about Hilliary and her emails, blaming him for being one of the reasons Trump won, and going on and on about how he was partisanly motivated when he released the emails because he knew it would hurt Hillary.

Now it appears he's an angel sent from God himself to fight the big orange monster in the white house.

10 hours ago, Airbrush said:

A good source should be "lyincomey.com"

You mean the site setup just last week by the Republican National Committee (RNC) specifically in an attempt to discredit the messenger, distract from the facts, and defend Trump at all costs? Sorry... Folks can talk about all of the individual assertions and red herrings and chase them in gish gallop fashion, but that's not a good source... at least not a neutral or objective one. You may as well be searching trumpmakesmydickhard.com for what it's worth.

5 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

Just after the election people on this forum were slamming Comey for leaking things about Hilliary and her emails, blaming him for being one of the reasons Trump won, and going on and on about how he was partisanly motivated when he released the emails because he knew it would hurt Hillary.

Now it appears he's an angel sent from God himself to fight the big orange monster in the white house.

I doubt that the democrats have forgotten his role in the election (Clinton sure did not). He was a political actor, but arguably not for either party, but rather on behalf of the FBI. However, given Trumps subsequent actions, it does make it highly improbable (to say the least) that the firing was the result of mishandling the Clinton probe and resulting effect on the election. Trump pretty much himself has revealed the actual reasons.

6 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

Or perhaps reasonable people don't decide ahead of time to accept or reject everything a person has to say, but instead evaluate their statements independently.

7 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

I resent this attempt to blow off the whole discussion with hand-waiving, hyperbole, and whataboutism. I also don't think the subject is necessarily a partisan one. There are a great many people who don't appreciate Trump's grandstanding when it comes to serious matters best decided without a lot of emotional manipulation. It's not about his politics so much as his character, and whether or not he's trying to silence a detractor who could give him legitimate legal trouble. 

Interesting perspective though. The liberals I know are all hoping Comey is simply the opposite of Trump: honest, unconflicted, concerned with detail, loyal to country, dedicated to lawful pursuits, dutiful, courageous, literate, reasonable, and reasoned. Most of the conservatives I know also have those qualities, including hope that Trump will change.

5 hours ago, iNow said:

Hyperbole much?

Perhaps. However, this statement might as well sum it up:

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

The liberals I know are all hoping Comey is simply the opposite of Trump: honest, unconflicted, concerned with detail, loyal to country, dedicated to lawful pursuits, dutiful, courageous, literate, reasonable, and reasoned.

10 positive adjectives. I'd say that means liberals have a fairly high opinion of him, and not just his

5 hours ago, zapatos said:

statements independently.

I resent this attempt to blow off the whole discussion with hand-waiving, hyperbole, and whataboutism.

This isn't an attempt to blow off the discussion. I simply commented I distinctly remember when several members on this forum were accusing Comey of PURPOSEFULLY lying and plotting with Trump to undermine Hilliary. Call it hand-waiving(waving) and whataboutism. However, I am being honest. It is something I see and decided to comment on even though I knew you guys would deny it.

If you step back with an objective view, surely you can see what I was saying.

You(yes, you Phi. You've helped me widen my view several times, let me help you widen yours.) have seemingly gone from believing that Comey was plotting with Trump, to no longer even be able to recall a single instance of Comey having done something untruthful. Hence the statement "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." 

And I am willing to stand by this belief: The only reason Comey is not seen as a lying crook to you anymore is that he no longer supports Trump.

I like Comey. I fully support the guy. I respect him 10x more then I will ever respect Trump. However, without a shadow of a doubt, I know the only reason that you guys have started respecting him as well is that he no longer supports Trump.

There are a great many people who don't appreciate Trump's grandstanding when it comes to serious matters best decided without a lot of emotional manipulation.

I am one of them.

It's not about his politics so much as his character,

IMO it has a lot to do with his politics as well. 

8 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

You(yes, you Phi. You've helped me widen my view several times, let me help you widen yours.) have seemingly gone from believing that Comey was plotting with Trump

Citation needed.

Fortunately for you, the search and quote  functions are super easy to use for this purpose. 

15 minutes ago, iNow said:

Citation needed.

Fortunately for you, the search and quote  functions are super easy to use for this purpose. 

(Not sure how to quote. However, luckily, the search function makes it easy for you to fact check this)

Clinton won the popular vote, and may have won cleanly without Comey and Putin's interference. While I don't condone the violence, I approve the fact that Americans are protesting something that matters, rather than just sitting back and taking it in the keister yet again. - Phi

November 10th, 2016.

27 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Clinton won the popular vote, and may have won cleanly without Comey and Putin's interference.

And you’re suggesting that’s indistinguishable from “Comey was plotting with Trump?” Wow 

9 minutes ago, iNow said:

And you’re suggesting that’s indistinguishable from “Comey was plotting with Trump?” Wow 

No, I am not.

However, it's very clear that it's associated what Comey did to what Putin did: Purposefully meddling in the elections.

30 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

However, it's very clear that it's associated what Comey did to what Putin did: Purposefully meddling in the elections.

Well... I suppose if you squint real hard and tilt your head kinda sideways a bit in dim light and a moat if fog then maybe it... well... perhaps it...well, no.  Never mind. It really doesn’t say that at all.  

It speaks of his interfence, not purposeful meddling, not collusion with Trump or Putin, not intentional obstruction. Interference. That is all.

If you need to put words into other other peoples mouth and misrepresent what they actually said in order to support your argument then you should probably consider the possibility that your argument is wrong and that changing your mind might be a good idea. 

16 minutes ago, iNow said:

Well... I suppose if you squint real hard and tilt your head kinda sideways a bit in dim light and a moat if fog then maybe it... well... perhaps it...well, no.  Never mind. It really doesn’t say that at all.  

"a moat if fog" = "a motive for " ?

Not a frog in the moat, anyway.....:rolleyes:

Or maybe Trump is a slimy toad (if that is the write spelling)

Edited by geordief

27 minutes ago, iNow said:

If you need to put words into other other peoples mouth and misrepresent what they actually said in order to support your argument then you should probably consider the possibility that your argument is wrong and that changing your mind might be a good idea. 

I don't need to put words in his mouth. He can say them himself.

Phi, if you feel that at the time when you made that statement that you didn't intend to imply that Putin and Comey both purposefully interfered with the election, then say so.

However, the way I read it, due to Comey and Putin being looped together, it was implying they were both guilty of similar actions. Maybe not the same, but similar.

I'm also curious if Swansnot is gonna get involved in this topic. He complained about Comey quite a bit.

27 minutes ago, iNow said:

Well... I suppose if you squint real hard and tilt your head kinda sideways a bit in dim light and a moat if fog then maybe it... well... perhaps it...well, no.

That's hilarious. I can just see you doing it at the computer while you typed it.

Edited by Raider5678

Trump "loves" Wikileaks, but calls leakers (like Comey) criminals, then pardons a convicted leaker who compromised an undercover operative/analyst. Trump praised Comey for interfering with the election, then derides Comey for interfering with the election, all the while denying it had any effect on the outcome. Still, he outwardly maintains that millions of nonexistent illegals conspired to deny him the popular vote.

Duplicity at it's height, morality in the gutter. I dare not say depth, because I'm certain he's got a lot more stooping to do yet.

Trump and Comey are both lying pieces of shit. At least Comey has a semblance of concession (albeit self serving, if not unapologetic).

It's a sad day when one picks and chooses the best or worst liar to bolster their argument.

23 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

However, without a shadow of a doubt, I know the only reason that you guys have started respecting him as well is that he no longer supports Trump.

This is really unfortunate, and frustrating. Blinders will help you keep doubt from casting shadows, but they're not smart to wear often.

My objections about Comey (thanks for the citation) had nothing to do with lying. At the time I questioned his timing on announcing further investigations so close to the election. It had an impact, and Comey admits he knew it would, but his alternative was risking worse blowback later. I think Comey interfered in the election, but not in the way Putin did. In no way did I mean to suggest then or now that there was a collaboration between them.

8 hours ago, rangerx said:

Trump and Comey are both lying pieces of shit. At least Comey has a semblance of concession (albeit self serving, if not unapologetic).

What did Comey lie about? Yes, Comey showed questionable judgement making announcements days before the election but questionable judgement and lying are not the same. Comey has not been caught lying about anything. It was the Republicans in Congress who repeatedly cried foul during the Clinton investigation and had brought Comey to the hill for public hearings. Prior to Comey's announcement days before the election Republicans had openly claimed the fix was in. Comey was publicly under attack as was Lynch (Attorney General). Comey made the announcement when he did out of concern if he waited Republicans would be outraged; and they would've regardless. Comey made mistakes but was always in a no win situation from the moment Republicans chose his investigation as a primary campaign issue. In-retrospect there was nothing Comey could have done. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and Republicans are much better at exaggerating outrage. Throughout the election Republicans in Congress continually tried to point the Clinton investigation in the direction of their choosing. 

Yeah, I agree. Rangers comments seem... untethered to reality.

The Comey situation is complex. The left is upset with him for making a colossal mistake that likely played a significant role in putting Trump in office under questionable circumstances. The right is upset with him because he has access to facts that may lead Trump to get removed from office and possibly convicted. 

One side is upset with actions he took. Another side is upset with actions he might one day take. One side is commenting on actions. Another side is preemptively attacking character and credibly (attack them precisely where they’re strongest!) to tribally protect one of “their own.”

Not. At all. The same. 

Edited by iNow

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

Yeah, I agree. Rangers comments seem... untethered to reality.

The Comey situation is complex. The left is upset with him for making a colossal mistake that likely played a significant role in putting Trump in office underquestionable circumstances. The right is upset with him because he has access to facts that may lead Trump to get removed from office and possibly convicted. 

One side is upset with actions he took. Another side is upset with actions he might one day take. 

Not. At all. The same. 

Ah, so both sides don't like him.

Including you?