Jump to content

I can't be the only one.


Scotty99
 Share

Recommended Posts

If i can deduce the earth is in a special spot in the cosmos surely some of you that post here regularly have as well. 

I do feel i am a pretty bright guy but honestly this was not that hard for me, nor should it be for anyone else with an inquisitive mind.

What id like to know is how haven't more people come to the same conclusions i have? Like i stated above i do think i am bright but surely there are lots of people as smart or smarter than me who easily disregard the notion we are cosmically significant. I think most of it is people taking for granted long held beliefs and not bothering to do the research for themselves on the what and the why's that got a person like myself to this spot. Second could be they just dont want to admit their thoughts on a public forum, at least not on an avatar that is associated with them. Lastly i guess would be the people who just read forums such as this and never bother to post, maybe there are a good number of them who think like i do but would rather keep to themselves.

I just feel so strongly about this one and its curious to me how science hasnt put the copernican principle through more scrutiny and even revist ideas that could possibly be better alternatives with what we know now.

If people were simply able to remove biblical coincidences from scientific observance i think a real breakthrough could be made.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

If i can deduce the earth is in a special spot in the cosmos surely some of you that post here regularly have as well. 

I do feel i am a pretty bright guy but honestly this was not that hard for me, nor should it be for anyone else with an inquisitive mind.

How did you deduce that the earth is in a special spot in the cosmos? Give your reasoning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, koti said:

How did you deduce that the earth is in a special spot in the cosmos? Give your reasoning. 

Its really a large combination of factors, the two main scientific observances for me are the cosmic microwave background readings and the fact the earth just so happens to occupy a region that is the largest void in the entire observable universe. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/06/home-sweet-void/529623/

 

Relativity in itself is also a big one for me, at its core all relativity is is the penultimate example of occams razor. 

That is really just the tip of the iceberg for the how and why ive gotten to this point, but again i made the thread more as a curiosity as to why i seem to be nearly alone on this one. I think the scientific observations are growing to a point where the copernican principle is going to have to be looked at in a real way sometime soon but i just dont get why its not talked about more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

the fact the earth just so happens to occupy a region that is the largest void in the entire observable universe. 

Quote

A team of researchers says the Milky Way resides in one of the observable universe’s darkest regions, but some experts aren't so sure.

Quote

Cosmic voids are actually all around us.

These from your link.  

16 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

the cosmic microwave background readings

What about them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You seemed to have skimmed over the meat of that article:

They estimated the size of this void to have a radius of about 1 billion light-years. If they’re right, humans are living in the middle of the largest known void in the observable universe.

 

 

What about the readings from the CMB dont you understand? It seems that people do really try and put a twist on the CMB and what multiple missions have gathered in data, this guy has a decent summary of what we observe in  the CMB:

 

Edited by Scotty99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

That is really just the tip of the iceberg for the how and why ive gotten to this point, but again i made the thread more as a curiosity as to why i seem to be nearly alone on this one. I think the scientific observations are growing to a point where the copernican principle is going to have to be looked at in a real way sometime soon but i just dont get why its not talked about more.

I actually see more a case of delusional, nonsense and false claims, probably driven by some agenda.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Its really a large combination of factors, the two main scientific observances for me are the cosmic microwave background readings and the fact the earth just so happens to occupy a region that is the largest void in the entire observable universe. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/06/home-sweet-void/529623/

 

Relativity in itself is also a big one for me, at its core all relativity is is the penultimate example of occams razor. 

That is really just the tip of the iceberg for the how and why ive gotten to this point, but again i made the thread more as a curiosity as to why i seem to be nearly alone on this one. I think the scientific observations are growing to a point where the copernican principle is going to have to be looked at in a real way sometime soon but i just dont get why its not talked about more.

Our observable universe is mostly empty space, our milky way galaxy contains more than 100 billion stars, our insignificant solar system with our average sun is on the edge of the milky way. Not only our solar system is not in any way special but our galaxy is an average, insignificant galaxy not positioned in any special way in the observable universe. There are more than a 100 bilion galaxies just in our observable universe. Considering those scales it is silly to imply that the earth is in any way special. As for the Copernican principle I suggest you drop the subject if you want to be treated like a sane person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

but some experts aren't so sure.

TBH I didn't read beyond this, as you stated it as fact, but even if it is true... 

9 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Cosmic voids are actually all around us.

(80% of the universe) one of them has to be the biggest, so why does that make the earth special?

Edited by dimreepr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

If i can deduce the earth is in a special spot in the cosmos surely some of you that post here regularly have as well. 

The only thing remotely special about the Earth, is that at this time, it is the only place where known life exists. Most scientists though accept that life does exist elsewhere where conditions are favourable and potentially in our own solar system.

We were all born in the belly of stars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, swansont said:

Define "special"

 

In my estimations, the most likely explanation for where earth resides is exactly at the center of mass in the universe.

This would explain a whole lot of things, including the two examples i gave above.

6 minutes ago, beecee said:

The only thing remotely special about the Earth, is that at this time, it is the only place where known life exists. Most scientists though accept that life does exist elsewhere where conditions are favourable and potentially in our own solar system.

We were all born in the belly of stars.

This is also of course a part of how i got here, but it does not rank very high on my list if you can believe that or not. 

I actually just posted a topic in science news the other day about this:

 

Edited by Scotty99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scotty99 said:

In my estimations, the most likely explanation for where earth resides is exactly at the center of mass in the universe.

This would explain a whole lot of things, including the two examples i gave above.

Our best science tells us this is not so (and trivial to show it; we know we are moving). Which means being "a pretty bright guy" probably had nothing to do with your conclusion.

It's possible that life on earth is a unique event. The conditions (both local and galactic) are just right, and life doesn't exist anywhere else. For the earth to be special, though, you would have to show that the earth had to be the place where this happened, rather than we just happened to be in that place. Winning the lottery does not mean it was pre-ordained. It means you were lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, michel123456 said:

If we are "special" that wouldn't be good news. That would mean we are alone.

I kinda see it the other way, if science was able to prove we are in a special spot that would be quite a positive thing for civilization as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, swansont said:

Our best science tells us this is not so (and trivial to show it; we know we are moving). Which means being "a pretty bright guy" probably had nothing to do with your conclusion.

It's possible that life on earth is a unique event. The conditions (both local and galactic) are just right, and life doesn't exist anywhere else. For the earth to be special, though, you would have to show that the earth had to be the place where this happened, rather than we just happened to be in that place. Winning the lottery does not mean it was pre-ordained. It means you were lucky.

No experiment has ever been done to prove the earth is moving, in fact a large part of why einstein worked on relativity was to explain away the interferometer results done by michaelson and morley (and a few others that i forget).

Lorentz is another one that harkens back to my relativity/occams razor comment. Now whats more likely the earth is at rest or the equipment they are using to measure actually shrunk? This is how they tried to explain the null results, and people to this day still accept that. if you redo those same tests today with the assumption the earth is still you will find something that resembles a 24 hour cycle (universe rotating around us) not us moving around the sun, which would have been a far greater number.

8 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

How? Why?

Thats a confusing question to me, if tomorrow science proved we are in a special place that wouldnt be positive news to you? Knowing that this is all for us wouldnt lift up humanity to refocus on the important parts of life?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

if tomorrow science proved we are in a special place that wouldnt be positive news to you?

It would be news (given we aren't). 

11 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Knowing that this is all for us wouldnt lift up humanity to refocus on the important parts of life?

I don't really see why and since we know we're heading for a shit storm (global warming, pollution etc.) and can't seem to do anything about it, I don't see how a warm fuzzy feeling is going change anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Because people trust science, not religion. If science can actually prove this is all here for us people are going to take notice, things would change.

But if we did prove god exists he'd disappear in a puff of logic. ;)

Edited by dimreepr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well that's the thing, if what i am suggesting in this thread is actually how the universe is laid out no one with a logical brain would be able to deny a creator. If we are the exact center of mass it didnt happen by accident. Also lets not confuse god with a creator, they are two different things in a discussion such as this. Saying god will conjur up images of stories that are almost certainly exactly that, stories. If we truly do have a creator like i believe we do, any knowledge of that was lost to time.

If i was to throw my best guess out there as to how the universe really is, whoever created this put into the design just enough to see we are special, but to fully understand the inner workings is way beyond our capacity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

No experiment has ever been done to prove the earth is moving, in fact a large part of why einstein worked on relativity was to explain away the interferometer results done by michaelson and morley (and a few others that i forget).

Lorentz is another one that harkens back to my relativity/occams razor comment. Now whats more likely the earth is at rest or the equipment they are using to measure actually shrunk? This is how they tried to explain the null results, and people to this day still accept that. if you redo those same tests today with the assumption the earth is still you will find something that resembles a 24 hour cycle (universe rotating around us) not us moving around the sun, which would have been a far greater number.

wooow.... really? I'm curious how you came to this conclusion. Even the Vatican would disagree with you. (not sure where your agenda is coming from)

5 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

If i was to throw my best guess out there as to how the universe really is, whoever created this put into the design just enough to see we are special, but to fully understand the inner workings is way beyond our capacity.

And that's why your name isn't attached to any physics related book.  Because you are guessing and your assumptions are not based on no evidence.

I also believe that I am the most important person and the Universe was designed around me because I wake up every day as me. And I am the main character in my story. I must be special.

5 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

with the assumption the earth is still you will find something that resembles a 24 hour cycle (universe rotating around us) not us moving around the sun, which would have been a far greater number.

Sooo how do you explain gravity of the Sun and moon to start off... Actually in your model where Earth is in the centre of the Universe, how does gravity work at all? Why is the Earth not a perfect sphere? Why is there a bulge? :P 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Silvestru said:

wooow.... really? I'm curious how you came to this conclusion. Even the Vatican would disagree with you. (not sure where your agenda is coming from)

My brain does not work like that, i have no ulterior motive here. I just strongly feel that i have stumbled upon a truth in the universe based on my research, and if science is able to backtrack far enough i think real progress can be made to better humanity.

And its not the vaticans fault for thinking that either, relativity is a rather genius theory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about 5 billion years ago? When there was no earth? What was in the centre? 

1 minute ago, Scotty99 said:

if science is able to backtrack far enough

You backtracked too far. Once you reach the Geocentric model, turn right, you turned left.

Then go on Copernican Blvd and go straight.

You'll reach Newton highway and then Einstein city.

We set up camp there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

What about 5 billion years ago? When there was no earth? What was in the centre? 

You backtracked too far. Once you reach the Geocentric model, turn right, you turned left.

Then go on Copernican Blvd and go straight.

Geocentric model isnt perfect (orbits for example), but to me it got more right than the copernican does.

Something obviously isnt right with out understanding of the universe as it currently sits, whats a shame is people are attacking the big bang model instead of the CP:

https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~loeb/sciam3.pdf

 

I truly think that is the wrong way to go about this.

Edited by Scotty99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scotty99 said:

No experiment has ever been done to prove the earth is moving, in fact a large part of why einstein worked on relativity was to explain away the interferometer results done by michaelson and morley (and a few others that i forget).

We're orbiting the sun, and the sun is orbiting the galactic center. Scientific theories tell us this has to be the case, and we have experimental confirmation of these theories and of this motion.

1 hour ago, Scotty99 said:

Lorentz is another one that harkens back to my relativity/occams razor comment. Now whats more likely the earth is at rest or the equipment they are using to measure actually shrunk? This is how they tried to explain the null results, and people to this day still accept that. if you redo those same tests today with the assumption the earth is still you will find something that resembles a 24 hour cycle (universe rotating around us) not us moving around the sun, which would have been a far greater number.

If you assume the earth is still you end up violating other laws and theories, which have tons of evidence to support them. The reasonable conclusion is that you have made a bad assumption.

1 hour ago, Scotty99 said:

Thats a confusing question to me, if tomorrow science proved we are in a special place that wouldnt be positive news to you? Knowing that this is all for us wouldnt lift up humanity to refocus on the important parts of life?

Why does that matter? Science doesn't care whether it's uplifting or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.