Hot vs beautiful - hot will mate without commitment?

Alfred001

What do you guys think of this theory?

In brief, the idea is that hot (as opposed to beautiful) is a type of appearance that signals that a woman is willing to have sex wtihout requiring commitment from the man.

Sounds plausible? Any evidence in favor or against?

It's a classic slut versus virgin dichotomy and is not rooted in fact. It's much more rooted in stereotypes and objectification, desire to use broad labels to justify broad mistreatment. It ignores individual differences and suggests no books need reading, that all information needed can be found on their cover.

• 3 months later...

In brief, the idea is that hot (as opposed to beautiful) is a type of appearance that signals that a woman is willing to have sex wtihout requiring commitment from the man.

Any evidence in favor or against?

The great number of single (unwed) females that give birth each year, …… plus the great number of single (unwed) females that opt for an abortion each year ……… is pretty much literal proof (evidence in favor of) that “hot will mate without commitment”?

And the above doesn‘t include the “gazillion” females that opt for a “spur-of-the-moment” decision to engage in a per se ……. “one (1) night stand”.

Whenever a female’s “sex hormones” kick in (activated), ……. then, …..”Katy bar the door”.

Some one or some thing is going to be chosen as her "pacifier".

Why would I date a woman who is on fire vs. one who was nice things? I mean my god if she is hot then just take her to a colder place. Why would you sit there and watch her burn on a date and stuff?

15 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

This wants putting in Trash. It's got nothing to do with science or reasoned discussion.

Agreed, any relationship based on beauty or hotness is doomed to fail. Beauty or hotness always fails eventually, only inner beauty can continue, if 43 years of marriage has taught me anything that is it.. 

I have ran the numbers, crunched the data, thought about from outside the box, thought about from inside the box, jogged passed my peers, and it turns out that beneath a woman's appearance is an actual human with full cognitive abilities able to make choices independent of what men think of their looks. Hot, beautiful, athletic, feminine, voluptuous, trendy, nerdy, average, or whatever relative description for a woman's appearance one can come up with is not determinate of whether any individual woman is interested in any specific other person or the duration they may or may not be interested for.

A better thread might ask why men are so preoccupied with female appearance. From slut shaming women confident enough to wearing certain clothes to forcing women to cover their faces in public men all around the world seem to have an obsession with female appearance. 

1 minute ago, Ten oz said:

I have ran the numbers, crunched the data, thought about from outside the box, thought about from inside the box, jogged passed my peers, and it turns out that beneath a woman's appearance is an actual human with full cognitive abilities able to make choices independent of what men think of their looks. Hot, beautiful, athletic, feminine, voluptuous, trendy, nerdy, average, or whatever relative description for a woman's appearance one can come up with is not determinate of whether any individual woman is interested in any specific other person or the duration they may or may not be interested for.

A better thread might ask why men are so preoccupied with female appearance. From slut shaming women confident enough to wearing certain clothes to forcing women to cover their faces in public men all around the world seem to have an obsession with female appearance. 

The need to control women is a huge problem in our society, why would a strong, confident, intelligent man want a weak, stupid, submissive woman to have his children. Kinda like eugenics in reverse. 

9 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Agreed, any relationship based on beauty or hotness is doomed to fail. Beauty or hotness always fails eventually, only inner beauty can continue, if 43 years of marriage has taught me anything that is it.. 

As any drunken one stand will tell you: what you find in the morning is not what you saw last night - we see what we want to see and ignore the rest.

5 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

Don't put women on a pedestal; they are just as visceral and shallow as men but might hide it better. They also have their own terms for men.

Note: this thread shouldn't be in Biology. 

Edited by StringJunky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.