Trump is the most smart American.

cheetaman

8 minutes ago, cheetaman said:

Trump the Great, he will receive this title in history.

Only if he awards it to himself.

Or if it is "The Great X" where X = "Deceiver", "Failure", etc.

Trump is the most smart American

Did you learn grammar from him?

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

Did you learn grammar from him?

Perhaps the only thing that could make this thread even better is if the title instead were:

"Trump is the most smartest American"

I don't see why all the sarcasm. Trump very well may have a huge memorial built for him at some point in time.
Not in the USA though... a little further to the east.

Edited by koti

9 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Yeah, east of you. :)

You’re right, Im so used to the expression that I used it wrongly in this case. The only defence I have is that if you travel east from Alaska for long enough you end up in Russia too. 

Trump thinks he is a gangster oligarch.  Nobody that I am aware of in the media uses nicknames to the degree that Trump does, except for gangsters.  Nicknames are paramount among gangsters.  Nor does anyone in the media use psychological projection to the extreme degree that Trump does.

"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Look, he is clearly not smart in terms of academic standards. His willingness to learn, his ability to articulate, his oratory skills etc. that are open to display are certainly unimpressive. Yet, he was able to convince folks to elect him to a position of immense power despite all this failings. That clearly is indication of two things. A) the value of the American people in traditional views of "smart" and b) that he is smart enough to rally those people around certain topics.

25 minutes ago, CharonY said:

Look, he is clearly not smart in terms of academic standards. His willingness to learn, his ability to articulate, his oratory skills etc. that are open to display are certainly unimpressive. Yet, he was able to convince folks to elect him to a position of immense power despite all this failings. That clearly is indication of two things. A) the value of the American people in traditional views of "smart" and b) that he is smart enough to rally those people around certain topics.

And c) people regardless of their level of knowledge and intelligence seem to like to be deceived. 

A good friend's father is being ripped off by a roofing contractor. Mr B is a very sharp guy, but this contractor has conned him out of thousands of dollars, and hasn't done a bit of work on the leaking roof. Mr B knows this guy is dishonest, he knows the man should not get more of his money, but yesterday he gave the man another check. This contractor is aggressive with elderly people, and extremely good at making idiocy sound reasonable.

I think that's the smarts Trump has. He's a Yankee carpetbagger. He's a con man on the national stage, and whether he's using or being used, he's aggressive and good at making idiocy sound reasonable. 

56 minutes ago, koti said:

And c) people regardless of their level of knowledge and intelligence seem to like to be deceived. 

I don't believe his supporters were deceived. 

1 hour ago, CharonY said:

Does preaching to the quirer make a Pastor smart? 

57 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

A good friend's father is being ripped off by a roofing contractor. Mr B is a very sharp guy, but this contractor has conned him out of thousands of dollars, and hasn't done a bit of work on the leaking roof. Mr B knows this guy is dishonest, he knows the man should not get more of his money, but yesterday he gave the man another check. This contractor is aggressive with elderly people, and extremely good at making idiocy sound reasonable.

I think that's the smarts Trump has. He's a Yankee carpetbagger. He's a con man on the national stage, and whether he's using or being used, he's aggressive and good at making idiocy sound reasonable. 

Exactly. He is that roofing contractor for the masses. Many people when they get conned its not easy for them to admit it. To a point that eventually they might start telling everybody that the contactor wasn’t that bad afterall and the roof is fixed and looks nice.

5 minutes ago, koti said:

Exactly. He is that roofing contractor for the masses. Many people when they get conned its not easy for them to admit it. To a point that eventually they might start telling everybody that the contactor wasn’t that bad afterall and the roof is fixed and looks nice.

Everyone I know that voted for Trump did so purely out of spite. They were unhappy and relished the idea others might becomes so too. They weren't tricked or confused about who Trump was. They simply wanted to see SJWs,  liberal, scientist and etc become unhappy as them. They were sick and tired of facts proving them wrong about their climate denial, evolution denial, education, and etc. They know the facts are against them but simply don't care. They rather just see everyone suffer than be forced to concede. It is a "I'll see you in hell" mentality. 

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

Trump didn't think he'd win. It was a stunt. It is conservatives who conned Trump, in a sense, by voting for him and not vice versa.  All success isn't deliberate. We all have first hand accounts from people who that Trump never wanted to win or thought he would win. As for the contractor they simply lack shame. It doesn't require talent to take advantage of people. It requires sociopathic behavior. 

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

Charon is right. Smart comes in many forms. Clever may be a better word here, though. He’s a modern day PT Barnum carnival barker.

So you don't believe Michael Wolfe that Trump never intended to be elected? Because it can't be both. Trump can't be clever for winning if he never intended to. 

13 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

It doesn't require talent to take advantage of people. It requires sociopathic behavior. 

I disagree. I think it takes both, I think Trump has both, and I think it's a talent/smarts that's been cultivated and honed to a frightening degree. It's been working so far because he's doing things other hucksters also want. Any of the leadership could claim the emperor is naked, but praising his wardrobe is more profitable (for the moment). 

Trump's real base would stick with him if he ate a baby on FOX News. They represent the ignorant extremists, who are perfectly willing to go along with the better educated capitalist extremists, hoping trickle-down will work this time, and inevitably settling for the change found in cast-off sofas just like always.

7 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

Everyone I know that voted for Trump did so purely out of spite. They were unhappy and relished the idea others might becomes so too. They weren't tricked or confused about who Trump was. They simply wanted to see SJWs,  liberal, scientist and etc become unhappy as them. They were sick and tired of facts proving them wrong about their climate denial, evolution denial, education, and etc. They know the facts are against them but simply don't care. They rather just see everyone suffer than be forced to concede. It is a "I'll see you in hell" mentality. 

That may very much be so, that „I’ll see you in hell” mentality is something we here have very deeply rooted in us so I can relate. I guess its not a single factor but a combination of many things, it always is. 

As for SJW’s, do you think anyone, even Trump can make them more miserable than they already are? 

1 minute ago, koti said:

As for SJW’s, do you think anyone, even Trump can make them more miserable than they already are? 

That is not what "I will see you in hell" expresses. The feeling is more of a wish/hope than a tangible goal.

23 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

So you don't believe Michael Wolfe that Trump never intended to be elected? Because it can't be both. Trump can't be clever for winning if he never intended to. 

What I’m saying is not mutually exclusive with what you’re saying. He can be clever as I said and also not intent on winning. Those are perfectly congruent positions. Please note that you introduced the concept of clever for winning here. I did not. 

48 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Trump's real base would stick with him if he ate a baby on FOX News. They represent the ignorant extremists, who are perfectly willing to go along with the better educated capitalist extremists, hoping trickle-down will work this time, and inevitably settling for the change found in cast-off sofas just like always.

Right, Trump didn't create that. Trump isn't responsible for the Tea Party, FoxNews, and other right extremists. Rather he thought he could monopolizes off their ignorance and got swallowed up by them. Maybe I am wrong, it would hardly be the first time, but being POTUS will be bad for Trump and his family in the long run. They all inherited their financial good fortunes and now are exposed to legal risks than could potentially hurt them all. 

34 minutes ago, iNow said:

What I’m saying is not mutually exclusive with what you’re saying. He can be clever as I said and also not intent on winning. Those are perfectly congruent positions. Please note that you introduced the concept of clever for winning here. I did not. 

Maybe, I don't mean that dismissively but literally. Hard to say in my opinion. As time has gone on I think Trump supporters have show a shocking lack of interest in facts or ethics. Two years ago I never could have imagined the public tolerating what is now common place. Did Trump create this or was already there and someone was always going to be it's Oz.? 

Edited by Ten oz
Added "first"

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

That reminds me of: "'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

1 hour ago, Ten oz said:

Right, Trump didn't create that. Trump isn't responsible for the Tea Party, FoxNews, and other right extremists. Rather he thought he could monopolizes off their ignorance and got swallowed up by them. Maybe I am wrong, it would hardly be the first time, but being POTUS will be bad for Trump and his family in the long run. They all inherited their financial good fortunes and now are exposed to legal risks than could potentially hurt them all. 

Since 1996, the media has elevated controversial viewpoints that should never have gained more than the marginal few glimpses they got before when they had an actual obligation to inform the public. Fringe stupidity suddenly became a draw that gave a boost to ratings and thus advertising revenue. Extremists used to get a small, proportional part of our attention, and now they get it all because that's how the media makes money. I think this is the part Trump knows well.

I hope you're right about the office ultimately being bad for him. He wasn't supposed to profit from service to his country while in office, so I really hope he gains nothing from it after he's out. Without clout, I think the wealthy will abandoned him for the crass boor he's shown himself to be, and his base doesn't buy enough steak and wine to keep him afloat.