Brain scientists unite

fredreload

2 minutes ago, fredreload said:

I'm thinking of creating a group for brain scientists from across the nation

Like these: https://www.nature.com/nrn/about/conferences

Or these: http://www.abcam.com/neuroscience/neuroscience-conference-and-events-calendar

3 minutes ago, fredreload said:

to make people sleep better

Well, I'll certainly sleep better knowing you are on this. :)

3 minutes ago, fredreload said:

I'm thinking of creating a group for brain scientists from across the nation, of various ethnicity and races, for a joint discussion, to make people sleep better.

First we should run a petition to change the confusing term of "Neuroscientist"(bleah) to the more accessible "brain scientists" 

54 minutes ago, Strange said:

Like these: https://www.nature.com/nrn/about/conferences

Or these: http://www.abcam.com/neuroscience/neuroscience-conference-and-events-calendar

Well, I'll certainly sleep better knowing you are on this. :)

Lol thanks

53 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

First we should run a petition to change the confusing term of "Neuroscientist"(bleah) to the more accessible "brain scientists" 

Ya, it's a combination of molecular scientist, brain scientist on a large perspective, and bioinformatics(neuroscientist). To improve skills in which they are unmatched

10 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Ya, it's a combination of molecular scientist, brain scientist on a large perspective, and bioinformatics(neuroscientist). To improve skills in which they are unmatched

You think there isn't already interdisciplinary research going on?

Brain scientists unite

Brain scientists untie; you have nothing to lose but your minds

22 minutes ago, Strange said:

Well, when I have dreams I feel like the image comes from a 486 computer, not the HD 1080 resolution. Some of them the screen is small or even off focus when I turn my head. The one that computes my head with meshes, not on molecular detail, is one of the best experience I've had, even though they have not approached molecular detail.  The device feels like it comes from a crudely made microwave, and only slightly improved in the past 2 years. There are some that pulls off a dream in a dream, many have failed. You wake up feeling more alerted, prone to light, but later feels really tired if not spasm throughout your body. The brain, sometimes I wake up feeling my brain dented with a headache, good thing we got tons of pain killers stored back home. That's the alright one if they have not permanently damaged something.

I dunno if these guys are privately funded or interdisciplinary. I see potential in them, good potential utilizing AI to make everyone happy, not just me. Of course I am looking for a ticket to eternal life if not solve the mystery of consciousness and being summoned from another realm with full memory and body swap. But it's all speculation

31 minutes ago, Strange said:

Brain scientists untie; you have nothing to lose but your minds

Some say they are dirty dirty, personally I think they deserve some recognition

20 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Well, when I have dreams I feel like the image comes from a 486 computer, not the HD 1080 resolution. Some of them the screen is small or even off focus when I turn my head. The one that computes my head with meshes, not on molecular detail, is one of the best experience I've had, even though they have not approached molecular detail.  The device feels like it comes from a crudely made microwave, and only slightly improved in the past 2 years. There are some that pulls off a dream in a dream, many have failed. You wake up feeling more alerted, prone to light, but later feels really tired if not spasm throughout your body. The brain, sometimes I wake up feeling my brain dented with a headache, good thing we got tons of pain killers stored back home. That's the alright one if they have not permanently damaged something.

I dunno if these guys are privately funded or interdisciplinary. I see potential in them, good potential utilizing AI to make everyone happy, not just me. Of course I am looking for a ticket to eternal life if not solve the mystery of consciousness and being summoned from another realm with full memory and body swap. But it's all speculation

Some say they are dirty dirty, personally I think they deserve some recognition

Did your cat walk on the keyboard? :( You should seek professional help from only one "brain scientist" for the problem you described. They don't need to unite yet.

59 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

Did your cat walk on the keyboard? :( You should seek professional help from only one "brain scientist" for the problem you described. They don't need to unite yet.

They should use this. Ya, I've seen caterpillars and flowers in my dream, I dunno what they mean :D, just kidding, no hard feelings. Well alright, they don't need to unite yet or they need to, either way, I'll call upon them when I need help

Edited by fredreload