Magic bullet.

Edward

Just watched the least creditable show on discovery channel "Myth Busters" And they talked about mystery bullets. A bullet whos properties prevent it from leaving any ballisticks evidence. Like something made of ice. They did tests with frozen H20 bullets which weren't able to reach their target bue to vaporization. So I was wondering if any other substances could be frozen fired out of a gun and do damage to a target then "Dissapear".

Also I'm wondering if you could have a bullet made of a highly reactive metal like Rubidium which would react with the victms blood. Could this work?

he said nothing of the credibility of Mythbusters

Oh really? ;)

Just watched the least creditable show on discovery channel "Myth Busters" And they talked about mystery bullets.

I guess I need to further my comprehension of the english language. :D

Most modern sabots, for sporting gun use, are injection molded from heat resistant polycarbonate plastic or nylon. These plastic compounds will resist temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and are formed in one piece, with a recess for the base of the bullet and four to six fluted fingers at the front.

Since Remington no longer produces factory ammo, here is a link for reloading supplies.

Ok I live in canada so I know very little about gun specs could somene symplify the last 6 posts. I'm particualy curious why polycarbonate plastic bullets will not leave ballistcs evidence.

And about the Mythbusters creditability thing I dunno why I said that.

It's not a polycarbonate bullet, but a sabot for a standard 55 grain jacketed soft point. The use of a discarding sabot would put a completely unmarred projectile downrange. No striations from the rifleing= no way to prove the projectile was fired from a specific weapon.

They did tests with frozen H20 bullets which weren't able to reach their target bue to vaporization. So I was wondering if any other substances could be frozen fired out of a gun and do damage to a target then "Dissapear".

Just use a damn repeating crossbow.

Pulling the arrows out of the body might be a bit gruesome, mind you, but you'd have to, to leave no evidence.

I think the fact that I was quoting someone talking about the problems of firing ice from guns might have suggested to you that I was talking about firing ice from crossbows.