which meat is more likely to have parasite, beef, lamb or Pork?

cheetaman

Depends on cooking temperature, cooking technique and whether it should be rare, medium-rare or well-done.

e.g.

"Trichinella spiralis (...) occurring in rodents, pigs, horses, bears, and humans, and is responsible for the disease trichinosis. It is sometimes referred to as the "pork worm" due to it being typically encountered in undercooked pork products."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinella_spiralis

"Cooking pork products to a minimum internal temperature of 160 °F (72 °C) will kill most species, and is the best way to ensure the meat is safe to eat."

According to table of doneness here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doneness

only well-done and overcooked are exceeding recommended minimum internal temperature 72 C..

Edited by Sensei

5 minutes ago, Sensei said:

"Cooking pork products to a minimum internal temperature of 160 °F (72 °C) will kill most species, and is the best way to ensure the meat is safe to eat."

According to FDA food codes reaching an internal temperature of 62 degrees (if calibrated) is recommended to ensure killing of Trichinella . The 72C is typically referring to ground meat products. Due to advances in controls  Trichinella  is rarely found in commercial meat products anymore (still occasionally found in privately raised animals and more common in wild animals).

Good question.  Many different factors.  Domesticated.  Wild.  Feed supply and type.  Even seasons come into it.  Body fat percentages.  Beef is the most common meat in the USA.  Pork is gaining.  Chickens also have their place.  Strict guidelines and procedures are followed in raising, transporting, butchering and packaging different meat products.

Historically, pigs were considered un clean compared to other domesticated animals because of what a pig will eat.  Different Religions also have Prohibitions on eating pigs.  Wild hogs in the USA are great game animals to hunt and kill, but special precautions must be followed preparing and cooking the pork.  Usually pigs carry more parasites than others.   

1 hour ago, Moontanman said:

I have, I liked it but it was many years ago. I tend to like a sear on the surface of the beef, lamb is good very rare as well... 

Yeah, you can't beat a nice coating of acrylamide... yum yum.  :) 

Edited by StringJunky

4 hours ago, HB of CJ said:

Historically, pigs were considered un clean compared to other domesticated animals because of what a pig will eat.  Different Religions also have Prohibitions on eating pigs.  Wild hogs in the USA are great game animals to hunt and kill, but special precautions must be followed preparing and cooking the pork.  Usually pigs carry more parasites than others.

Actually, the above mentioned trichinosis was a major issue with pork, as the typical feed for cattle is not a risk factor. 

2 hours ago, Moontanman said:

I like my beef very very rare, a cold bloody red dead center with a sear on the outside... am I doomed? 

As with everything, it is a matter of likelihood. There is a good chance that you will have not issues. But if you happen to have contaminated meat, eating it undercooked is an added risk. However, even so, my guess would be that overall diet imbalances has a higher net risk on health. Unless, of course your meat source is from a high risk pool.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, zapatos said:

Parasitic to what? Humans? Coyotes? Or do you mean to say cows, sheep and pigs?

There are parasites in cows, but beef itself doesn't have parasites as beef is not an organism.

hahhahahhaha, this is a bookworm.