Astrology [ANSWERED BY STAFF: NEVER!]

• Phi for All changed the title to Astrology [NEVER!]
1 hour ago, michel123456 said:

Well, from my experience I am astonished with the fact that many people around me firmly believe in the importance of the zodiac signs. People including PhD. To the point that is not a belief anymore, it is presented as a certainty.

Us aquarians don't believe in that stuff.

I think Astrology, has a greater right to be in a science forum than religion, there is LESS science for a god,  than for Astrology.

Some times when i do pop to this forum, there are more posts on religion, than there is science.

Astrology: study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world. 

The moon is a "celestial body", there is some science to how the moon effects animals & people, animals I suppose more to do with the tides, but the moon is the nearest celestial body, so I suppose it would have the greatest effects.

science does not completely rule out yet unmeasurable  effects of  celestial bodies upon humans & animals., Plus Astrology has never been taken seriously by the science community, so no  in depth studies have been made.

I would guess that when certain star signs are in the sky, we are bombarded by neutrinos from said system, we are told neutrinos pass through us with no measurable effect, but there may be " yet unmeasurable effects". I won't get into gravitational effects, because we still do not yet fully understand gravity.

Anyway

Astrology deserves more respect than the "Trash", if Astrology goes in trash, then so should Religion.

Just now, sunshaker said:

Astrology: study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world. 

Therefore, not based on science.

1 minute ago, sunshaker said:

science does not completely rule out yet unmeasurable  effects of  celestial bodies upon humans & animals.,

If they are unmeasurable then, in scientific terms, they don't exist.

On the other hand, people who believe in astrology seem to think that everyone born within the same 30 day period will experience the same things in their life. That should be easily measurable. In fact it should be obvious. But it doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, sunshaker said:

Plus Astrology has never been taken seriously by the science community, so no  in depth studies have been made.

Not true. Studies have been done and found it to be utterly meaningless.

But thanks for telling us about your [quasi-religious] beliefs. It was fascinating.

32 minutes ago, Strange said:

Therefore, not based on science.

Once again, the sun is a "celestial body", which has a great effect on humans/animals

If they are unmeasurable then, in scientific terms, they don't exist.

On the other hand, people who believe in astrology seem to think that everyone born within the same 30 day period will experience the same things in their life. That should be easily measurable. In fact it should be obvious. But it doesn't happen.

I myself do not agree with the modern interpretation of Astrology, & 30 day period, even the light/neutrinos/energies from these star systems/signs, take far longer than 30 days, so I would not expect people born under each sign to have more similar life experiences, but it does not mean this "celestial bodies" have no effect upon the humans/animals.

Not true. Studies have been done and found it to be utterly meaningless.

But thanks for telling us about your [quasi-religious] beliefs. It was fascinating.

I just believe on some level, there is some truth in almost anything.& open to all points of view.

24 minutes ago, sunshaker said:

Once again, the sun is a "celestial body", which has a great effect on humans/animals

Correct, and plants, too. However, measuring that effect does not involve labels like Pisces or dragon or weekly fortune cookie comments from random peddlers of woo.

26 minutes ago, sunshaker said:

I just believe on some level, there is some truth in almost anything.& open to all points of view.

Be careful not to let your mind be so open that your brains fall out. 

Edited by iNow

4 minutes ago, iNow said:

Correct, and plants, too. However, measuring that effect does not involve labels like Pisces or dragon or weekly fortune cookie comments from random peddlers of woo.

True, Perhaps "ASTROLOGY" could be condensed to those born under the Sun  & those born under the Moon. like the saying, "As different as Night & Day".

4 minutes ago, iNow said:

Be careful not to let your mind be so open that your brains fall out. 

No worries, My brain is anchored to the physical, My mind has a mind of it's own.

Whoa but who changed the title of this post without my permission? 

Change it back. Don’t alter things I say or write without my consent, especially if you’re going to make it look like I said it. At the very least, add your name alongside it stating that you edited it. 

15 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

It was edited by staff (not me) in a manner generally recognised here as being an answer to the thread title. We are never going to have an astrology section. 

Regardless, tell “staff” not to edit my things. ESPECIALLY if they don’t at least add who it is that’s editing the posts, and ESPECIALLY not without consent... Like wtf is this, a joke? Do not troll me that way. 

9 minutes ago, iNow said:

If it’s a big deal (seriously, tho?) staff could add the prefix ANSWERED:

It is a big deal. God forbid the day someone hacks my stuff and posts things that aren’t from me. Think of the legal consequences, especially if someone makes some kind of threat from my account. 

But anyway whatever I’m over it. 

5 minutes ago, tmx3 said:

Regardless, tell “staff” not to edit my things. ESPECIALLY if they don’t at least add who it is that’s editing the posts, and ESPECIALLY not without consent... Like wtf is this, a joke? Do not troll me that way. 

I’m sorry, but you don’t have ownership of thread titles. We won’t ever change the text of your posts (except for deleting links, or abuse, but we make those edits clear), but we do reserve the right to alter titles if it is deemed necessary. This happens when we need to split posts into new threads, if the titles are unclear or inappropriate, spammy, or we want to save people the time of reading a thread that has a very simple answer (for example). 

13 minutes ago, Strange said:

The staff can do whatever they want.

Sure they can, but not on my behalf. I’ll gladly leave someplace where they’re changing things around without consent, making it look like I’m posting things that I’m not. 

13 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

I’m sorry, but you don’t have ownership of thread titles. We won’t ever change the text of your posts (except for deleting links, or abuse, but we make those edits clear), but we do reserve the right to alter titles if it is deemed necessary. This happens when we need to split posts into new threads, if the titles are unclear or inappropriate, spammy, or we want to save people the time of reading a thread that has a very simple answer (for example). 

If you’re changing the text—title or post—state that you’re doing it regardless so users know it’s you (staff, not “you” directly) and not me. That’s all I’m asking. Not trying to be cast in a light that I’m not supposed to be, especially if I have someone hacking my stuff to do it. 

10 hours ago, iNow said:

main-qimg-ec326766e952dbd74f8d06cf380dbb

Lol this made me laugh, feeling so uncomfortable right now. 

1 minute ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

I am sorry you didn’t feel the edit was clearly pointed out. Returning to the topic, are you at least satisfied with the response, or do you have further questions?

Of course I have further questions. I have a problem that I haven’t solved yet. 

49 minutes ago, iNow said:

On another note, this site likely won’t soon be opening a forum for numerology either.

Whoa it’s like you’re psychic or something and read my mind! :o