The law of conservation of energy is the greatest mistake of physics

PyotrD

5 hours ago, koti said:

You surely must admit that what is being discussed in the last posts is not validating the OP statement. 

Sorry koti, went to visit Staszow. Of course not.

OP is M.I.A. I doubt we will have some clarification. Apologies for going off topic. 

With the assertion that all  mass/energies are leftovers from the big bang, this begs the question of where the BB contents came from.  If the law of conservation holds post BB, then there does seem to have  been a "self amplification" mechanism at work prior to the BB to have provided the energy from a less powerful source to indeed cause the BB, and a remnant of that  amplification effect perhaps persists in at least one detectable form, dark energy...also, the fact that there hasn't been a second BB observed to have taken place infers that the mechanism is effectively restricted within the confines of a universe that has matured into physical form.

Edited by hoola

• 2 weeks later...

I think that a fundamental physical laws similar to "energy conservation law" can be perceived on intuitive level only, no any algebra can be attempted to prove or disprove them. This is just a completely wrong approach. The laws of that kind as majority of other fundamental physical notions are rather philosophical than mathematical categories. And therefore belong to the realm of philosophy (and metaphysics).

On 3/31/2018 at 8:18 PM, John Cuthber said:

It seems this thread is the result of a "troll and run" attack.

The premise is plain silly, and the OP hasn't replied.

Perhaps we should just let it die.

Yep, spot on, and always with the "provocative"  headlines such as "The law of conservation of energy is the greatest mistake of physics"  I once got into a slinging match with a  ID supporter on another forum with similar "provocative" headlines, "Simple geometric proof GR's GW's are impossible." That type of  "shock"  approach is part of the troll methodology.

Edited by beecee