Plasma inquiry.

Dana

Perhaps if you stayed long enough to complete explaining your enquiry an answer might be forthcoming, but welcome to SF anyway.

Plasma is a state of matter where the atoms have become ionised so devices sensitive to electric fields will detect plasmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Plasma is extremely hot. Touch of it can ionize, vaporize regular matter, change state of matter etc. It depends on how much of plasma you have.

Significant amount of plasma on Earth in the laboratory, are kept in electromagnetic traps, to disallow touching of walls, which could destroy/damage walls.

Edited by Sensei

A bystander would like to know how they concentrated the plasma?how about a plasma television? Is that a different type?And could you explain about that a moment? Thanks for the info so far?

15 hours ago, Sensei said:

Plasma is extremely hot. Touch of it can ionize, vaporize regular matter, change state of matter etc. It depends on how much of plasma you have.

Significant amount of plasma on Earth in the laboratory, are kept in electromagnetic traps, to disallow touching of walls, which could destroy/damage walls.

Not really.

A candle flame is a weak plasma- at about 1400C

Most of the plasmas in laboratories throughout the world are contained in thin walled glass tubes coated on the inside with  mixtures of rare earth silicates etc.

These devices are called...

Fluorescent light bulbs

Y0u may also find this interesting

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1742-6596/720/1/012038/pdf

Edited by John Cuthber

That is a good article! Thanks! 

I would like to move this discussion, tward a more psudo science,with some philosophy, and just some general thoughts. I would like to start with the research being done on water by some Japanese scientists, the theory is that water changes its form with emotional influence and record certain things I'm not going to go into detail. The second part of that theory is say iconic or holy relics or items that have absorbed emotional resonance or energy, possibly like houses that are haunted and such, being a solid absorbing energy and or reacting to some emotional stimuli or other energy. So now we have two out of the four types of matter that theoretically react to say ,emotional and or spiritual and or other types of energy that people put out. Air being the gas and less tangible I don't believe anyone has done many experiments or Labs on the reaction of air or gas type matter due to the tangibility factor, and the inability to collect solid data and I believe that plasma may be in that category as well. However if two types of matter do in fact react to say any type of human stimuli emotional energy type or spiritual energy type or chakra energy type or whatever, then the other two must react as well or that would be the theory. Does anyone have any thoughts besides that's crazy on that one! I would also like links if you have them! I would like to keep it as close to scientific theory as possible, and not start range out into the religious beliefs of this and that. Unless it's significant.

Edited by Dana

2 hours ago, Dana said:

I would like to move this discussion, tward a more psudo science

This is a science forum, so I can't see that going well.

2 hours ago, Dana said:

I'm not going to go into detail

Then I think we can conclude it is nonsense. ("That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".)

2 hours ago, Dana said:

The second part of that theory is say iconic or holy relics or items that have absorbed emotional resonance or energy, possibly like houses that are haunted and such, being a solid absorbing energy and or reacting to some emotional stimuli or other energy.

Any evidence for that?

2 hours ago, Dana said:

So now we have two out of the four types of matter that theoretically react to say ,emotional and or spiritual and or other types of energy that people put out.

No we don't. We have some fairy tales.

2 hours ago, Dana said:

I would like to keep it as close to scientific theory as possible

Then you had better start producing evidence from reputable sources.

Edited by Strange

I thought this subject was more mainstream, at least the German and Japanese studies on water! I will post links shortly!

Sorry if this is going outside of hard scientific realm, I feel that there is a scientific link between everything, and there are many people much more learned than I am. Links coming!

Dr Emoto Masura, Martin Chaplin London University, Rustum Roy State University of Pennsylvania, Alexander Solodilov Russian academy of natural science, to name a few, there are many more. These are some of the main researchers though. Best starting link is acquaphi.com for starters. 

Edited by Dana

The real punchline, is that if plasma can be considered energy in a transient form or not, weather it's in trace amounts or condensed, how would one monitor it's reaction to energetic forces other than standard energy's used. Just looking for a direction to take it. I was thinking about frequencies, and magnetics. In combination. I just want some places to look.

25 minutes ago, Dana said:

The real punchline, is that if plasma can be considered energy in a transient form or not

Plasma is ionised gas. I have no idea what "energy in a transient form" means.

37 minutes ago, Dana said:

I just want some places to look.

To look for what?

Ok, firstly is there ionised gas floating freely around us?

Is there plasma floating around us? 

Is there natural plasma?

Maybe I'm not understanding plasma.

I mean by transient, un harnessed. Free floating! Existing naturaly.

Sorry about the confuing lingo, best way I could say it with limited vocabulary. I am looking for sources that have to do with monitoring naturally existing plasma if that form of matter exists naturally.

Edited by Dana

36 minutes ago, Dana said:

Ok, firstly is there ionised gas floating freely around us?

Is there plasma floating around us? 

Not usually, no.

Is there natural plasma?

Of course. The sun. Lightning. Flames. Fluorescent lights.

Maybe. It sounds like you are looking for something that has nothing to do with plasma. Plasma physics is complex but is well understood.

38 minutes ago, Dana said:

I mean by transient, un harnessed. Free floating! Existing naturaly.

Energy is a property of things. It doesn't exists by itself.

As I understand it, plasma is like lightening, or static, those can be seen visibly. I'm talking about ions and electron coexising in the same space without the visible presents of an arc.

What would that be considered?

And is plasma considered the 4 type of matter by the entire science community. I am truley curious because I don't know to much.

I do understand what you said about energy, I'll have to find a better way to say that in the future. Thanks.

And thank you for continuing to discuss this with me, I'm starting to get some where with it.

Edited by Dana

15 minutes ago, Dana said:

I'm talking about ions and electron coexising in the same space without the visible presents of an arc.

What would that be considered?

Sounds like plasma to me.

16 minutes ago, Dana said:

And is plasma considered the 4 type of matter by the entire science community.

Yes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_matter#Plasma

1 hour ago, Dana said:

The real punchline, is that if plasma can be considered energy in a transient form or not, weather it's in trace amounts or condensed, how would one monitor it's reaction to energetic forces other than standard energy's used. Just looking for a direction to take it. I was thinking about frequencies, and magnetics. In combination. I just want some places to look.

8 minutes ago, Dana said:

As I understand it, plasma is like lightening, or static, those can be seen visibly. I'm talking about ions and electron coexising in the same space without the visible presents of an arc.

48 minutes ago, Dana said:

Exactly, you are not understanding plasma.

But more to the point you are not understanding other physical phenomena such as energy and force either, which, combined with your 'intuition' is leading you astray.

I have already told you that plasma is a state of matter where the particles of matter have lost at least one electron and so are ionised.

There is nothing to say that any form of electrical discharge is necessary for this to happen, or that the resulting ions need to be visible.

A good example on non electric plasma, both visible and non visible plasmas  would be a gas flame. the hottest (most energetic) part is actually invisible.

If matter in different states is mixed with other matter, the different states are often called phases. So the gas in a gas flame is in one (or two) phases and the gas in the surrounding air is in another, but all are in the gaseous state.

Energy is not some sort of magic fluid that is transferred from one chunk of matter (or other stuff) to another, although it can be convenient to treat it mathematically this way for some calculation purposes.

There is no such thing as an energetic force. A force does not and cannot possess the property of energy.

Static (I assume you mean static electricity) is not a form or instance of plasma, nor is a cloud of electrons or a bunch of ions in solution.

Thank you all for your patience, and you Strange for you help and patience, I understand now that it's not the plasma that I'm looking for but the environment rich place where it can exist. I know it sounds simple to you but the simple stuff is only simple when you have heard it! Thanks again all! I will be back! ( God we hope not says all)!

24 minutes ago, Dana said:

it's not the plasma that I'm looking for but the environment rich place where it can exist

Most of the universe is plasma: most interstellar and intergalactic hydrogen is ionised. Stars are big balls of plasma. The outer part of the atmosphere (the ionosphere) is plasma.

Maybe if you said what you weer looking for, instead of making guesses, people might be bale to help.

1 hour ago, Dana said:

Thanks, just trying to work out a theory! I'm trying!

Before testing and verification theories are called hypotheses.

They only get elevated to the status of theory after verification.

Perhaps you could outline your idea for comment to see if it might prove a fruitful line of enquiry.

I would not wish you to be following a wild goose chase like for instance those organic chemists looking for the 'vital force' once thought to be associated with organic compounds.