A biological deterministic view of good and bad

MattMVS7

Just now, Strange said:

Where is the evidence that everybody lies about this?

Or do you want to admit you have just made this up? Are you delusional or trolling?

This has been my own personal experience and all I am doing here is wondering if I am telling the truth or not.  I really don't know if I am lying or not.

But congratulations on finally staggering your way incoherently to a statement that no one is going to agree with. I assume that is what you wanted?

1 minute ago, MattMVS7 said:

This has been my own personal experience and all I am doing here is wondering if I am telling the truth or not.  I really don't know if I am lying or not.

You cannot assume that because you are unable to get pleasure from art or a beautiful sunset or whatever that no one else is.

I think I will suggest the mods close this thread as you have nothing scientific (or even intelligent) to contribute.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

But congratulations on finally staggering your way incoherently to a statement that no one is going to agree with. I assume that is what you wanted?

You cannot assume that because you are unable to get pleasure from art or a beautiful sunset or whatever that no one else is.

I think I will suggest the mods close this thread as you have nothing scientific (or even intelligent) to contribute.

I was just wanting others to keep an open mind to my idea and not be convinced of anything just yet.

4 minutes ago, MattMVS7 said:

I was just wanting others to keep an open mind to my idea and not be convinced of anything just yet.

As what you are now claiming is obviously false, there isn't much scope for being open minded about it.

You might as well ask that people be open minded about the Earth being flat.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

As what you are now claiming is obviously false, there isn't much scope for being open minded about it.

You might as well ask that people be open minded about the Earth being flat.

What makes you think it's false?  Also, if you really thought it was false in the first place, then you wouldn't even be asking for evidence for my idea.  I think you were open minded about it, but are now just ignoring my idea by dismissing it as false.  When you feel a basic, positive emotion, this can be described as a sensation of pure joy and beauty since our positive, basic emotions give our lives beauty and joy.  They give our lives good value.  In order for our intellectual brain to give our lives good value, then it would have to experience a sensation of pure joy and beauty just like our positive, basic emotions.  This would be no different than saying that, in order for our intellectual brain to experience real hunger and thirst, then it would have to experience the actual sensation of hunger and thirst. 

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

You are claiming that everybody in the world (including me) is lying. And you provide no evidence to support this.

Alright then.  This would just be my own philosophy.  Given this, I think it should have belonged in the philosophy section.

Just now, MattMVS7 said:

Alright then.  This would just be my own philosophy.  Given this, I think it should have belonged in the philosophy section.

I don't think you can call a belief in something that is obviously false a "philosophy".

Believing the Earth is flat is not a philosophy, it is a delusion.

Believing that man didn't land in the Moon is not a philosophy, it is a delusion.

Believing that everybody else in the world is lying to you is not a philosophy.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

I don't think you can call a belief in something that is obviously false a "philosophy".

Believing the Earth is flat is not a philosophy, it is a delusion.

Believing that man didn't land in the Moon is not a philosophy, it is a delusion.

Believing that everybody else in the world is lying to you is not a philosophy.

I don't actually believe my idea.  I am just sharing this idea based upon my own personal experience.  Consider it a hypothesis.  Also, there is the difference between what gives a person's life value and what this person is convinced of.  So, just because I say that my positive, basic emotions are the only things that can give a person's life good value does not mean that I am convinced of this idea.  This is just what gives my life value for now.  I am open minded to the idea that I can somehow have an intellectual form of value in my life.  But I am not sure if this is true or not.

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

OK. That's it. Reported for lack of science and trolling.

But people are in denial of their basic emotions though.  They claim they don't allow us to perceive value when they really do.  So, how do you expect me to trust humanity?  Perhaps humanity is also in denial when it comes to their morality, intellect, and character being higher emotions and it being a real source of value in their lives.

Edited by MattMVS7

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

And, I assume you have EVIDENCE for this?

No? What a surprise.

I have interacted with people on forums who claimed that our basic emotions are just simply how we feel about things and nothing more.  I revealed to them how they are the perception of value.  But they denied this.  If you want, I could give you the link to this discussion I had.  Would that count as evidence?  As a matter of fact, people claim that emotions in general do not allow us to perceive value and that they are nothing more than just how we feel about things.  I can link you to the discussion which shows you this.  Given this, I can't trust humanity when they make the claim that their morality, character, and intellect alone are higher emotions and a real source of value in their lives.

Edited by MattMVS7

!

Moderator Note

Seems tome we've gone down this (or a similar) path several times before. There isn't enough science (model/evidence) here to warrant a discussion ins speculations. Just the same assertions as in some closed threads.