A hard time writing different kinds of essays

Erik145

Hello everyone! So I'm an English major and I have trouble writing compare and contrast papers. I have a hard time writing these kinds of essays because my classes are mostly cultural studies and critical theory, so I'm used to more complicated ideas. Compare and contrast essays usually cause me to overthink, and I end up getting lost. That is the main reason why I start to think about using online writing service. Lots of my friends use Primewriting site a lot when they want a paper from the scratch or having a work edited or proofread.  What do you guys think about it? Have you ever used this kind of help? Should I also turn to the writers from Primewriting site and leave it to them?

5 hours ago, StringJunky said:

I smell an advert.

The stench has overwhelmed my olafactory glands, though I am impressed that it contains far fewer grammatical errors and stylistic oompahs than normal for such instruments.

I do not understand what stench you are talking about. I am here just to ask for the piece of advice about writing services. No intention to promote something or advertise. I have no relation to that company but I am curious how the other users solve their college troubles. Thank you. 

20 minutes ago, Erik145 said:

I do not understand what stench you are talking about. I am here just to ask for the piece of advice about writing services. No intention to promote something or advertise. I have no relation to that company but I am curious how the other users solve their college troubles. Thank you. 

Well, my apologies if your intentions are genuine. The style and content of your OP were reminiscent of many posts I've seen that are designed to promote some product or service by appearing to be a genuine appeal for help that "just happens" to "mention" a supposedly relevant site.

I can see the potential benefits of having another party proofread your work. However, to even consider using such an entity to create your work from scratch strikes me as simultaneously ethically appalling and monumentally stupid.

On what basis can you possibly defend the idea of having someone else do your work for you? Poor you! You find writing such essays difficult. What made you think the educational process was meant to be easy? It is by tackling the difficult problems head on that we enhance our skills and build our character. On the other hand, if you wish to go through life with major gaps in your skill set and a minimal moral fibre, it might be the right approach.

Secondly, if you avoid developing this skill you are going to be at a loss if and when it is called upon in the real world. Worse yet, you will have habituated yourself to avoiding challenges. Hardly a sound combination for developing your career.

You say you overthink things when trying to write such essays. Without the details any advice could easily miss the mark, but for what it's worth . . . . .

Make a simple list of all the ways the two subjects are similar, grouped hierachically if appropriate. Make a second list for ways in which the two subjects differ. Rearrange the lists to reflect relative importance, or some other significant aspect of character. Write comments on each point, using progressively clauses, sentences, paragraphs and sections depending on their importance. Add an executive summary at the front and a set of conclusions at the back. Job done.

1 hour ago, Erik145 said:

Have you ever thought why so many online writing services exist?

Because there are a lot of people willing to lie and cheat to get a qualification. It won’t help in the real world when they get a job and can’t get someone else to do their work for them. 

The fact that you find it difficult is all the more reason for you to do it yourself. You should definitely seek out someone to read through your work and provide feedback, but you aren’t going to learn anything from having another party write (or even completely proof read and edit) your essays.

5 hours ago, Erik145 said:

Thanks a lot for all your helpful answers. I want to ask @Area54 a question, though. Have you ever thought why so many online writing services exist? The law of demand and supply 

Oh, I know precisely why they exist: humans are often a disreputable, weak bunch of assholes. I certainly don't intend to encourage weakness and immorality by remaining silent. Now I have not looked at in detail at any of these sites, so it may be that some of them offer services that are commendable. My distaste is directed against those which prey upon the lazy, or upon those who lack confidence in their own abilities.

You almost appear to be saying: well that's the way the world is; I can't fight it, so why should I be placed at a disadvantage by not also making use of it. I hope that's not what your thinking. I'd be interested to know either way.

Also, it might seem tedious to have to write 500 words, or whatever, on some topic you have been studying but it is not just about regurgitating the information to prove you have learned it.

Essay writing is a valuable skill (or set of skills) in its own right. It requires you to organise your thoughts and think about the best way to present the information, think critically about what information is necessary, about what the reader already knows and what they need to be told, etc. These are all transferable skills that should be of value in almost any job.

Even if you end up on the factory floor, instead of in academia, if you are better than the next guy at explaining to newcomers how to do the job, or are able to see a more efficient way to do it, because of the skills you learned then that might open up all sorts of opportunities. 

I really doubt that the knowledge of how to write an analytical essay will help me in my real life. Someone can express their own thoughts clearly in the written form, someone cannot. Thank you all for the answers. I really appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Erik145 said:

I really doubt that the knowledge of how to write an analytical essay will help me in my real life. 

The ability to think in different ways is always useful. You are what you know.

Edited by StringJunky

9 hours ago, Erik145 said:

I really doubt that the knowledge of how to write an analytical essay will help me in my real life.

Those on this forum who have chosen to give you advice have decades of personal experience that says otherwise. If you can write an analytical essay you can better analyse real life problems; make well informed decisions; manage your time effectively; organise events; plan projects. The list is a long one.

Someone can express their own thoughts clearly in the written form, someone cannot.

That is a defeatist attitude. Just because you cannot do something today does not mean you cannot do something tomorrow. Very few people are naturally talented at writing, yet many are skilled at it. That skill was developed through commitment and practice.

Thank you all for the answers. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your thanks. The most sincere way of expressing your thanks would be to make a determined effort to improve your writing skills. That would be a genuine reward for all who have contributed their suggestions.

13 hours ago, Erik145 said:

I really doubt that the knowledge of how to write an analytical essay will help me in my real life

Well, it might help you develop the critical thinking skills that you appear to be lacking.

13 hours ago, Erik145 said:

Someone can express their own thoughts clearly in the written form, someone cannot.

Like almost everything, it is a skill that can be learned. Obviously some people will be better than others, but everyone can improve.