resonant weapon

Krisi

Does anyone know what is resonant weapon and how it is used?

this is for my lectures in english science. i have to find someone who knows what is a resonant weapon and  explain to me. i will be very greatfull if someone can help me.

13 minutes ago, Strange said:

Very good.

I don't think they exist in the real world though. Although, opera singers: http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/human-voice-shatter-glass/

The Physics Girl had a video where she shattered a glass, and didn't have to sing particularly loud. Also, there are stories of soldiers told no not march in formation when crossing a bridge, lest the cadence be resonant with the mechanical structures.

But for acoustic/mechanical resonances, finding the resonance may be difficult, and some well-placed masses can mitigate the problems. Some buildings have counterbalance/dampeners to keep them from swaying as much during an earthquake.

(Not sure how an optical resonance would come into play, so I assume this is acoustic and/or mechanical)

thank you all. You have been very helpfull. The homework was to make a project summary of something new in this world and this project must be used for applying for research funding so i made up resonant weapon. the other task was to ask people if they know what is and if they can, to find a problem in this resonant weapon for which it cannot be funded this research. for that reason i am thankfull to swanson for finding a problem in the counterbalance in buildings.

On 20.03.2018 г. at 6:12 PM, swansont said:

The Physics Girl had a video where she shattered a glass, and didn't have to sing particularly loud. Also, there are stories of soldiers told no not march in formation when crossing a bridge, lest the cadence be resonant with the mechanical structures.

But for acoustic/mechanical resonances, finding the resonance may be difficult, and some well-placed masses can mitigate the problems. Some buildings have counterbalance/dampeners to keep them from swaying as much during an earthquake.

(Not sure how an optical resonance would come into play, so I assume this is acoustic and/or mechanical)

yes it is kind of weapon that can equilize the frequency of the building with the frequency of the weapon`s oscillations in which case the buildings are demolished. However, as you said some buildings have counter balance.

On 20.03.2018 at 7:33 PM, iNow said:

Didn’t they allegedly use one of these in Cuba against US diplomats? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41047721

The government bought these here too but they forgot they can’t be used. And as far as I know they never were. Instead we could have bought some spare parts for the F16’s which we bought from the US and they’re falling apart.