What is the average family net worth in the USA?

cheetaman

44 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Google has several reasons to choose Ireland for setting up headquarters there. This company is not only famous for finding information, but also for its brilliant business strategies. The main reason behind choosing Ireland as headquarter is the low tax rate.

Just a side note and do not mind me, but what is brilliant about "abusing tax heaven"? From an ethical point of view, and ethics are a significant part of Google's marketing strategy, and from let's say (can I say scientific?) point of view of exceptionality because every decent accountant can figure out "tax heaven". The problem for every decent accountant is that not every decent business can, in fact, abuse tax heaven from the nature of the business nor every decent business wants to. 

What other brilliant business strategies are we talking about? Brilliant my ass, forgive me my language. 

9 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Or was it because Ireland aquest to googles demands?

No. How about looking at the facts instead of making stuff up. Ireland has had a low corporate tax policy since the 1950s. In the 1990s the tax rate was reduced to about 10% to stimulate the economy (very successfully). Google moved to Ireland in 2004. 

Unless I am mistaken, 2004 is after 1990. 

11 minutes ago, Strange said:

No. How about looking at the facts instead of making stuff up. Ireland has had a low corporate tax policy since the 1950s. In the 1990s the tax rate was reduced to about 10% to stimulate the economy (very successfully). Google moved to Ireland in 2004. 

Unless I am mistaken, 2004 is after 1990. 

If only I didn't have to ask Google to refute your claim.

I believe we are getting off-topic, however, let me note once again, this is a note with a connection to recent "trade wars" between the US and rest of the world(?), how come tax dumping is not covered by anti-dumping?

3 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

It's not that I think they do.

It's a matter of record that they do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35390692

That is Britain not Ireland.

And they may have broken the regulations but that doesn't mean there are no regulations. In fact it confirms there are regulations.

(And then they appear to have come to a deal about the tax owed. That is not unusual. Companies and individuals do it all the time.)