Truth, Right, and Wrong: Are They Related?

Gees

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

I wish you would because your verbosity doesn't give meaning it obfuscates.

Aah c'mon, there's nothing like a stroll through verbal treacle to keep your patience in tip-top condition. As the SAS say: train hard, fight easy. :)

48 minutes ago, Tub said:

Sadly, i don't think there is a cure for your hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Shame.

Nice try Tub, but there's not much evidence of that. :P

37 minutes ago, koti said:

You need to read it all again dimreepr, you don’t want to miss anything. Nobody said the path to truth will be an easy one :P 

Nice snipe. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Aah c'mon, there's nothing like a stroll through verbal treacle to keep your patience in tip-top condition. As the SAS say: train hard, fight easy. :)

Indeed but sometimes the fight seems futile. ;)

Have a heart, boys. I'm sure Gee is well capable of defending herself but where's your sense of chivalry........and have you read some of the science posts?  At the moment, i'm just wading through something about  the relation of Gamma waves to the unity of consciousness; here's a short quote: "......the basis for consciousness in awake states and dreaming is 40-Hz throughout the cortical mantle in the form of thalamocortical iterative recurrent activity ".  That may as well be written in Venusian sanskrit for all the sense it made to me so guess what i did? I got my dictionary - that's a book that tells you what words mean! Who'd have thought it? :)

3 minutes ago, Tub said:

Have a heart, boys. I'm sure Gee is well capable of defending herself but where's your sense of chivalry........and have you read some of the science posts?  At the moment, i'm just wading through something about  the relation of Gamma waves to the unity of consciousness; here's a short quote: "......the basis for consciousness in awake states and dreaming is 40-Hz throughout the cortical mantle in the form of thalamocortical iterative recurrent activity ".  That may as well be written in Venusian sanskrit for all the sense it made to me so guess what i did? I got my dictionary - that's a book that tells you what words mean! Who'd have thought it?  :)

And your point is?

12 minutes ago, Tub said:

ere's a short quote: "......the basis for consciousness in awake states and dreaming is 40-Hz throughout the cortical mantle in the form of thalamocortical iterative recurrent activity ".  That may as well be written in Venusian sanskrit for all the sense it made

There's a specific part of the brain that vibrates in a certain way, much like a radio station you select on the dial of your tuner. We're gaining increased confidence that it's this vibration in this spot that is responsible for our sense of consciousness while awake.

Just now, iNow said:

There's a specific part of the brain that vibrates in a certain way, much like a radio station you select on the dial of your tuner. We're gaining increased confidence that it's this vibration in this spot that is responsible for our sense of consciousness while awake.

Thanks, iNow. I didn't know you were fluent in Venusian sanskrit.:)

2 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Clearly not...

If i'm reading a complicated scientific post and i don't comprehend what is being said, i get my dictionary to help me; if you don't comprehend a complicated philosophy post you can get your dictionary to help you.

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

do you really think Gees understands the difference? Or are you talking Bollocks?

You'll have to ask her that, and have that dictionary ready just in case you can't understand what she says.

Just now, Tub said:

You'll have to ask her that, and have that dictionary ready just in case you can't understand what she says.

I think it's less about needing a dictionary and more about needing time to get through the 74,000 word posts.

Philosophy: Why say in 5 words what can be said in 5,000!

2 minutes ago, Tub said:

It's funny how you both congratulate each other, whilst misunderstanding the point and the dictionary.

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

I think it's less about needing a dictionary and more about needing time to get through the 74,000 word posts.

Philosophy: Why say in 5 words what can be said in 5,000!

Maybe. I'm not here just to defend Gee, ( well i am really, as i don't like to see a lot of people ganging-up against one other ), but the main reason her posts are long is that she tends to reply to many posts all at the same time. I'm sure she will be along soon to defend herself better than i can.

3 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

It's funny how you both congratulate each other, whilst misunderstanding the point and the dictionary.

Great minds think alike.

4 minutes ago, Tub said:

Maybe. I'm not here just to defend Gee, ( well i am really, as i don't like to see a lot of people ganging-up against one other ), but the main reason her posts are long is that she tends to reply to many posts all at the same time. I'm sure she will be along soon to defend herself better than i can.

Great minds think alike.

I wasn't talking to iNow.

8 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I wasn't talking to iNow.

I'm a bit tired of all this banter now and we might be getting a teeny-weeny bit off-topic so i'll let you have the last word - i expect it will be a short one.

1 minute ago, Tub said:

I'm a bit tired of all this banter now and we might be getting a teeny-weeny bit off-topic so i'll let you have the last word - i expect it will be a short one.

My bad, did I use too many words?

On 2018. 04. 03. at 9:05 AM, Gees said:

Anyone can be lied to,

Anyone lies routinely, depending on the past experiences.

To master and set honesty as the new routine, takes considerable time to practice.

Honesty is necessary on the path of logic, to recognize the true nature of reality through perceivable evidences.

Edited by Lasse