Are there any other animals that make food fun?

!

Moderator Note

Let's keep an eye on the toxicity levels, people. 

2 hours ago, Uorigins said:

I don't think so,  because...

!

Moderator Note

Please don't do this again. Spamming the same reply as a response to multiple posters is soapboxing, and that's against our rules. 

On ‎9‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 7:50 PM, dstebbins said:

But humans tend to take food to another level.

We do that because we (not everyone of course) have sufficient food, food is no longer a way to survive like it used to be.

On ‎9‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 7:50 PM, dstebbins said:

Most animals will kill their prey (and yes, vegetation counts as prey) and eat the food right then and there

Many animals (domestic and wild) store food to eat later. This is called hoarding.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoarding_(animal_behavior

There is evidence that some amount of caching or hoarding is done in order to ripen the food.

I think it's mainly a form of social display by the various parties.

The main enjoyment people get out of eating a ridiculously expensive meal it in telling people about it later. They will bore you stiff with the most pointless details of what elaborate effort went into the food that they put in their stomachs. It's very like going on a cruise. The main joy is in going on and on and on about it afterwards. People think it gives them status. Maybe it does in some circles. 

It makes people feel important, and of course, being waited on is all part of the massaging of the self-image.