This is an old article but it blew my mind

airmax14

12 minutes ago, Lasse said:

"So it isn't predetermined"-Strange.

Deny please than the existence of Reality if you think it is not here as a pre-determining physical base for the future.

I can't work out if you are trolling or just really, really stupid.

Why would I deny the existence of reality just because you don't know what the word "predetermined" means?

I can only assume that the word that your are translating from Hungarian as "predetermined" means something completely different. 

1 hour ago, Lasse said:

You can not cite the theory of everything

I didn't put forward any assertions about the ToE so this is little more than an irrelevant red herring

51 minutes ago, Strange said:

I can't work out if you are trolling or just really, really stupid.

False dichotomy. These are not mutually exclusive

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

Never be sad to learn something...

I am sad about my relative simplicity, I would like to understand more... 

I learn with every moment, that makes me more. (or I like to think)

1 minute ago, Lasse said:

I am sad about my relative simplicity, I would like to understand more... 

I learn with every moment, that makes me more. (or I like to think)

So am I and so do I "there's nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man. True Nobility lies in being superior to your formal self" - Earnest Hemmingway 

3 hours ago, Strange said:

I can only assume that the word that your are translating from Hungarian as "predetermined" means something completely different

Előre meghatározott. Seems to be what I mean...

Reality is there, the past (with all it's energy, matter and spacetime) is a fundamental determination how the next second of reality with a 99.9999% posibility(probability?) will be executed. 

Intelligence, information is the 0.00000..01% of impact. It is present. One could call it consciousness.

Our impact and relevans is related to our understanding about the physical reality.

We have to count with every part of it...

Edited by Lasse

58 minutes ago, zapatos said:

It has not been predetermined that only one of those is true.

Very funny, we did not hear it yet. 

6 hours ago, Strange said:

So, you are saying that if the future is fixed you can still change it. But that is nonsense because it is fixed (which means "not changeable").

This is one strange sentence Strange. 

I know it is not easy to read me but it can not be this difficult. I am sorry for my unclearity.

Edited by Lasse

20 hours ago, Strange said:

I don't think you know what "predetermined" means. 

No it isn't. For all sorts of reasons. Not if by "predetermined" you mean that we know she will give birth. We don't know any such thing. 

But if you actually mean the birth is predetermined then you need to explain why do all the factors that could change that have no effect but the time of birth can be changed by external factors?

How do you know which things are predetermined and which things are not? Are there categories of things that are predetermined and categories of things we can control? Is this to do with their size? Or complexity? Or how far in the future they are?

What rational reason do you have for thinking that some things are predetermined but other things are not?

Oh no! You know that for a fact? We are all going to die?

Or maybe, again, you don't mean "predetermined"? Maybe you mean "designed" or "planned" or or "possibly" or "hopefully not". I have no idea. But it is getting clearer and clearer that you are using the wrong word.

I mean since it is predetermined in the moment of observation (the fact that reality is there) makes the system predictable.

Edited by Lasse

13 minutes ago, Lasse said:

I mean since it is predetermined in the moment of observation (the fact that reality is there) makes the system predictable.

“Predetermined”

839.png

“Predetermined” does NOT mean “it exists”

1 hour ago, Lasse said:

If you observe a radioactive atom, you cannot predict when it will decay.