Self-Actualization & Self-Transcendence

It has come to my attention that Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs places self-actualization and self-transcendence as the two most exalted reaches of one's psychological evolution, in a manner of speaking. I am wondering specifically what steps would be required in working toward reaching these concepts. I gather that self-actualization in particular refers to one becoming their "best self" and that self-transcendence refers to improving and/or being of service to the world/universe as a whole and making a difference in the grand scheme of things. I can be fairly confident that setting (and ultimately reaching) long term goals may very well be a prerequisite to achieving (or almost achieving) self-actualization, but what further insights can be offered regarding a course of action that would lead to self-actualization and its successor, self-transcendence?

13 minutes ago, The 321 Anomaly said:

Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs places self-actualization and self-transcendence as the two most exalted reaches of one's psychological evolution

Apart from the fact that the hierarchy is fairly bogus (like much pre-scientific psychology) it doesn’t include “self-transcendence”