Debunking Some Wrong Assumptions About Aliens

BahadirArici

1) There are no Aliens.
Even if we ruled the UFO enigma out, in a Universe with quadrillion stars, the probability of life existing apart from Earth is way higher than the opposite.

2) Even if there are Aliens, we must be the most developed civilisation.
Earth is 4.54 billion years old and the Universe is about 13.8 billion years old. So if there are Alien races, some of them must be billion years ahead of us. 

3) We shouldnt try to contact with Alien civilisations because they might harm us if they know about us. 
This is absurd. How can it be possible that a Type 3 civilisation will know about us only because we tried to contact with them. If we are observing the Universe with our limited technology, they most probably are doing the same thing for billion years. They probably already know we exist. And obviously we are not attacked yet.

4) Alien civilisations know about us but they dont care at all.
We humans observe everything, especially other living, their habitat, their habits, everything about them. Aliens should also have "scientiests" who observe us with all the technology they have. Observing everything.

5)  Aliens are so advanced that we are like forrest animals/apes/insects to them. 
We are not even as developed as a Type 1 civilisation, that is true but we are not inferior beings. We are intelligent beings and we belong to the same intelligent community of the Universe as any of them.

6) Some Alien civilisations are evil and they want our minererals/organs/want to eat us.
This is plain black propaganda. They are Type 3 civilisation. Their technology is beyond our imagination. They dont need anything from us.

7) Aliens are just organic beings like us.
Even we are on the doorsteps of Singularity. So, when we are thinking about Aliens, we should also be thinking about a community of inorganics living together with organics: a community of Artificial Intellectuals.

1 hour ago, BahadirArici said:

1) There are no Aliens.
Even if we ruled the UFO enigma out, in a Universe with quadrillion stars, the probability of life existing apart from Earth is way higher than the opposite.

I agree.

2) Even if there are Aliens, we must be the most developed civilisation.
Earth is 4.54 billion years old and the Universe is about 13.8 billion years old. So if there are Alien races, some of them must be billion years ahead of us. 

I agree. 

3) We shouldnt try to contact with Alien civilisations because they might harm us if they know about us. 
This is absurd. How can it be possible that a Type 3 civilisation will know about us only because we tried to contact with them. If we are observing the Universe with our limited technology, they most probably are doing the same thing for billion years. They probably already know we exist. And obviously we are not attacked yet.

The problem with the speed transmission of information, speed of light, would isolate us quite well. It's highly doubtful that we could even detect a civilization equal to our own around the nearest star. Even the most optimistic estimates limit any knowledge of us further away that 120 light years or so. This is a tiny fraction of even our own galaxy. 

4) Alien civilisations know about us but they dont care at all.
We humans observe everything, especially other living, their habitat, their habits, everything about them. Aliens should also have "scientiests" who observe us with all the technology they have. Observing everything.

If they are aware of us this is a reasonable assumption but not a sure thing... 

5)  Aliens are so advanced that we are like forrest animals/apes/insects to them. 
We are not even as developed as a Type 1 civilisation, that is true but we are not inferior beings. We are intelligent beings and we belong to the same intelligent community of the Universe as any of them.

I happen to support the idea that any aliens would not be the "super beings" of fiction, just in possession of better technology. 

6) Some Alien civilisations are evil and they want our minererals/organs/want to eat us.
This is plain black propaganda. They are Type 3 civilisation. Their technology is beyond our imagination. They don't need anything from us.

I see no reason to assume anything about aliens as far as good or bad, we also have no reason to assume that technology is unlimited. I could very well be that we are about to run into a wall of limits of technology. It is quite true that we do not possess anything they couldn't get easier from anywhere in the universe. The Earth is in no way in possession of anything valuable enough to merit a visit much less invasion..  

7) Aliens are just organic beings like us.
Even we are on the doorsteps of Singularity. So, when we are thinking about Aliens, we should also be thinking about a community of inorganics living together with organics: a community of Artificial Intellectuals.

We only have one data point, it's impossible to draw curve with one data point. Singularity is something asserted but not proven and I see no reason to assume anything about aliens much less that AI has taken over or will take over them or us... 

2 hours ago, BahadirArici said:

1) There are no Aliens.

I'll only touch on this one, but my statement applies to all seven items. Making an assertion in response to another assertion is not 'debunking'. Until you provide some evidence and a logical argument you are simply stating one opinion to oppose another. I also suspect that for the most part you yourself made up all of the assumptions you are "debunking".

Let's be clear about this......The sheer content and extent of the universe/space/time we are in, coupled with the stuff of life being everywhere we look, means in my opinion that if we were the only lifeform on planet Earth, it would raise far many more questions, then the far more logical belief in that ETL and ETI most likely exists somewhere, sometime. Most scientists worth their salt are of that opinion I believe.

In saying all of that, the crux of the matter at this era of time, is that we have absolutely no evidence of any ETL or ETI. But of course the two great barriers preventing knowledge of other species and eventual contact, is time and distance.

Unexplained UFO's are simply that.....Unidentified.