Horse-sense

Tub

My living horse is the fastest horse that has ever lived, but it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived. Why not?

Spoiler

Obviously it can't run faster than itself, so it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived.:D

2 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

My horse was delivered to my home by alien rocket ship and was, therefore, the fastest horse on the planet ever.

But it's an old nag and can barely run faster than I can.

Ha,ha - an alien horse,eh?  Was it a small grey?

1 minute ago, iNow said:

How? If I’m the fastest runner, I still can’t be faster than myself. 

Let's observer the answer:

Obviously it can't run faster than itself, so it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived.

Let's say there are two horses alone on the earth.

One is the fastest, at 90 mph.

The other is the second is 5mph.

It can now run faster then a horse.

Making the statement "it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived" because it just did......wait.........

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

4 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

It can now run faster then a horse.

A horse, yes, but not ANY horse, which the answer clearly says. If you change what the sentence says, of course it stops working, but that’s not the point of the riddle. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 5:22 AM, Tub said:

My living horse is the fastest horse that has ever lived, but it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived. Why not?

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously it can't run faster than itself, so it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived.:D

My living horse is the fastest running horse that has ever lived, but it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived. Why not?

Reveal hidden contents

On 3/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, Butch said:

My living horse is the fastest running horse that has ever lived, but it can't run faster than any horse that has ever lived. Why not?

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, Butch, but i don't quite understand your post. Perhaps you could elaborate a little more. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Tub said:

Sorry, Butch, but i don't quite understand your post. Perhaps you could elaborate a little more. Thanks.

A lame horse in a Delta V rocket could be the fastest horse.

Edited by Butch

On 3/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, Butch said:

A lame horse in a Delta V rocket could be the fastest horse.

Ha, Ha. True enough, i suppose, ( John Cuthber posted something similar above ), but i did say my horse is the fastest horse " that has ever lived " and, as far as i know, no horse has yet flown in a rocket and i think the riddle also says enough to imply that the horses have to be running so, at its fastest, my horse is still the fastest horse that has ever lived. Yaaaay! Thanks for the reply. 

Just now, Hypsibius said:

Unless you improve your performance... Today-you could be faster than yesterday-you. 

I’d still be the fastest runner unable to go faster than myself. Even performing better today than I did yesterday won’t change the underlying logic structure here. I’d be faster than a former version of myself, but not faster than my current self. 

I

9 hours ago, iNow said:

I’d still be the fastest runner unable to go faster than myself. Even performing better today than I did yesterday won’t change the underlying logic structure here. I’d be faster than a former version of myself, but not faster than my current self. 

I meant that kind of tongue in cheek tbh... 

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, J.C.MacSwell said:

We need to photoshop a horse into the passenger seat of Elon Musk's car...

car.jpg

10 hours ago, Hypsibius said:

:P

elon musk horse.jpeg

Horse in a car? It has to be a Mustang!

1 hour ago, Tub said:

Horse in a car? It has to be a Mustang!

Rimshot!

Bronco was in the shop, and the Pinto couldn’t be allowed so close to explosive rocket fuel. Some stallion in mission control said, “nay.”