Real Time Travel

herme3

If Titor is the real deal, I doubt he would have even considered physically interacting with the mass media because it could alter the future and result in a failed mission.

Then why did he interact with internet forums? He's sparked many websites saying "we all need to change are lives so we don't get into nuclear war." If that's not interfering, what is?

If there were/are hidden features, then there are people in the present who know about it in great detail. Occam's Razor says this is more likely than Titor being from the Wooorrrrld of Toooomorrrooow.

The wikipedia article claims that there are many IBM experts who have come forward to confirm his claim.

I can tell you my time travelling toilet is powered by a trifilamental string compressor, and works by folding time in two dimensions,

Shh! They're not supposed to know that!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much research, this is my opinion of John Titor:

He was real and came back to let us know that we were going to have a Civil War. His real plan was to make the government realize this, and make some changes. This was probably kept top secret so we never learned about it. Now, we are avoiding the Civil War because the government won't do whatever started the Civil War in John's life.

We should all know the US government does lots of things without our knowledge. Just look at Area 51. Who knows what the government would have done if John Titor didn't come and prevent it. I am not against the government, but there are always a few people in any government that are completely out of their minds.

John is a hero that saved us all before going back into the shadows of another timeline...

Then why did he interact with internet forums? He's sparked many websites saying "we all need to change are lives so we don't get into nuclear war." If that's not interfering, what is?

You failed to read the rest of my post which went something like this: If Titor is the real deal, I doubt he would have even considered physically interacting with the mass media because it could alter the future and result in a failed mission. Also, critics of Titor are questioning why he would even post on internet forums because it would be an off course journey to his real destination, the IBM computer, basically too much of a risk..

The bold section explains why it is odd he even interacted with the media (physical or not), as it could have caused problems with his supposed "time travel." And my whole passage explains why I do not believe one word Titor said.

...wow...

herme3' date=' did you know that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary.[/quote']

Yes it is. It says:

Gullible-naive and easily deceived or tricked

Also, critics of Titor are questioning why he would even post on internet forums because it would be an off course journey to his real destination, the IBM computer, basically too much of a risk..

Did you read John's explanation of how time works? He said that there are different levels of time. Even though he existed in our world, he came from a different timeline. No matter what he did in our timeline, it wouldn't effect what would happen when he gets back home. The only thing that will change his timeline is the fact that he took the computer with him when he left. His posts were probably to save us from Civil War. We are still going to die in his timeline because there is no way he can change his own timeline.

You failed to read the rest of my post which went something like this: If Titor is the real deal' date=' I doubt he would have even considered physically interacting with the mass media because it could alter the future and result in a failed mission. [b']Also, critics of Titor are questioning why he would even post on internet forums because it would be an off course journey to his real destination, the IBM computer, basically too much of a risk..[/b]

The bold section explains why it is odd he even interacted with the media (physical or not), as it could have caused problems with his supposed "time travel." And my whole passage explains why I do not believe one word Titor said.

Actually I did read that, I was just sort of agreeing with you. I didn't really mean to make it look like I was arguing. Sorry.

That happens to me a lot.

Did you read John's explanation of how time works? He said that there are different levels of time. Even though he existed in our world, he came from a different timeline. No matter what he did in our timeline, it wouldn't effect what would happen when he gets back home. The only thing that will change his timeline is the fact that he took the computer with him when he left. His posts were probably to save us from Civil War. We are still going to die in his timeline because there is no way he can change his own timeline.

Did he leave an explanation of what would happen if he tried to modify his own timeline?

Did he leave an explanation of what would happen if he tried to modify his own timeline?

Yes, Wikipedia says:

In time travel, one does not actually enter one's own past because, at a minimum, one's own presence in the past makes a change and generates a new, ever-expanding set of worldlines. One enters rather the past of a closely-related worldline. Therefore, the worldline John Titor describes as his "past" is very similar, but not identical, to our own present and near future.

...which means that anything he says about his past doesn't matter at all to us, because it's not really his past he was in.

You have a really good point. However, I don't think anyone here really knows the concept of time travel. There may be some details about this that John never posted. Perhaps the timelines break apart after certain events. Maybe year 2000 was when our timelines broke apart. We never saw any effects, but maybe his timeline saw the world "fall apart" after the year 2000. When he said he wanted to see the effects of the millennium bug, maybe he couldn't imagine how it couldn't do any harm in our timeline. I really don't know...

Actually I did read that' date=' I was just sort of agreeing with you. I didn't really mean to make it look like I was arguing. Sorry.

That happens to me a lot.[/quote']

No problem. I misinterpreted your post as well.

har har har herme3 you fell for the oldest trick in the book :P

Time travel is discussed in detail in numerous threads around this forum.

You can't be saying you know more about it than the rest of us. Or that Titor's description is accurate' date=' which proves that he could be real. We'll have to wait to find out[/quote']

LOL...I don't know a thing about time travel! :D

I meant that John Titor probably knew more about time travel than anyone in this forum.

The wikipedia article claims that there are many IBM experts who have come forward to confirm his claim.

I don't dispute his claim.

The point of me stating that people in the present will know about the "hidden features" Titor mentioned is that it rules out the idea that his knowledge of those features proves he is a visitor from the future.

It's millions of times more more likely he found out about them via an IBM worker (or was one himself) than it is that he came from another worldline.

You can't be saying you know more about it than the rest of us. Or that Titor's description is accurate, which proves that he could be real. We'll have to wait to find out

I already covered this in a manner so subtle that it's utter crushingness may have been missed:

You also seem to be suggesting that out of six billion people, someone posting about their time travel experiences on the internet to a level of sophistication that is sufficient to convince you can only be explained by them being a time traveller, which is frankly hilarious.

there`s no doubt that someone calling themselves JT ever existed :)

oh and BTW' date=' ever watched Dr.Who? now THERE`S a Real Time Machine! (been around since the 60`s).[/quote']

Did you look at the web site I posted? How do you explain those pictures? They don't look like something that was just drawn. The pictures look really detailed.

indeed I HAVE encountered this site before, and with a name like "AboveTopSecret" on a public internet is in itself a pretty good indication that it`s tongue-in-cheek at best.

I see nothing of any significance there, and when you consider that he himself admited to it all being a Hoax, the joke is on those that STILL BELIEVE!

he was Never a time traveler, and certainly never will be either!

First of all' date=' I'm sorry if anyone thinks this is in the wrong topic. I looked at all the topics, and I couldn't decide because different people will have different opinions about this post. Some may believe that this is fictional, or related to religion. However, I believe that this really happened, so I consider it to be real science.

Several years ago, there were a few teachers in an elevator at a college in Gettysburg. They went down into the basement for some reason. When the doors opened, they found themselves back in the Civil War! The basement was being used as a hospital. There were injured Civil War soldiers everywhere.

The teachers pushed a button on the elevator and went back to the upper level. Then they went back down to the basement. When the doors opened, they saw nothing but storage boxes. No matter how many times they tried, they could not go back in time again.

I have no reason to doubt that this story is true. I have been to Gettysburg, and I got real pictures of strange things with my own camera. Gettysburg is not a normal place. This is not religion that you can't find proof of. Any scientist can go to Gettysburg's battlefield at night and prove the existence of strange things in real science experiments.

There is also no way that multiple people could imagine the same thing and be able to describe the events in detail. This was a group of teachers, not a group of students that could be trying to get attention. Some of the teachers actually quit their jobs after this event.

Now, how would you scientifically explain this?[/quote']

Maybe it's just me, but I see this as a way to fuel the tourist trade. I've been to Gettysburg several times without incident. Of course there was that one time I saw groups of soldiers, but that was when ;) I was a reenactor.

indeed I HAVE encountered this site before' date=' and with a name like "AboveTopSecret" on a public internet is in itself a pretty good indication that it`s tongue-in-cheek at best.

I see nothing of any significance there, and when you consider that he himself admited to it all being a Hoax, the joke is on those that STILL BELIEVE!

he was Never a time traveler, and certainly never will be either![/quote']

Wait... When did he admit that it was a hoax?