Real Time Travel

herme3

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they have elevators in the civil war, or did the teachers' lift just appear in the hospital like Rufus's phone box?

It was a school building that was built before the Civil War. I guess they made renovations and added an elevator. There must have been stairs going to the basement in the Civil War times. I never went into the building, so I don't know for sure.

One thing that is known as a historic fact is that the building was used as a hospital during the Civil War.

It was a school building that was built before the Civil War. I guess they made renovations and added an elevator. There must have been stairs going to the basement in the Civil War times. I never went into the building' date=' so I don't know for sure.

One thing that is known as a historic fact is that the building was used as a hospital during the Civil War.[/quote']

And do you suppose that they were invisible too? Or would those from the civil war era be accustomed to regular time travelers, just passing through?...

sorry, I take that back; as I heading into the elevator to get down to the second story of the library (as that's where all the fiction bunk is located), I took a deep breath, pressed the button and when the doors opened...dumb dumb dumb...I WAS IN THE JURASSIC ERA!

Luckily, Im used to this kind of thing...it happens now and again

... go to yahoo.com and look up, "Gettysburg Ghost" you will find 436,000 web sites.......I don't understand why so many people would lie about their experiences.
Many of them aren't lying. - those that are want 'fame', attention, money, a sense of importance: lots of motives. Those who aren't lying are misinterpreting their experiences.

And do you suppose that they were invisible too? Or would those from the civil war era be accustomed to regular time travelers, just passing through?...

I really don't know if there was any response from the soldiers in the hospital. I heard the story when we were on a ghost tour and walking by the building, and it is also in a book about mysteries in Gettysburg. I've never been able to talk to any of the teachers, so all I know is what is in the story.

Those who aren't lying are misinterpreting their experiences.

What makes you think they were misinterpreting their experiences? I thought you said you had your own ghost experiences.

Firstly, for something to be studied by science it has to be reproduceable.

So the event you first talk about CANNOT be studied and no good theory can be dejuced from the evidence provide (or lack of it).

Secondly with your own pictures you mention the flash for one of them, was the flash turned on for all the pictures? As this could conceivably create a result such as this.

Now on to some spuriouse noncense as some time of explination for some of this kind of weird stuff. I have see proper research groups conduct research into "supernatureral" events, they where investigating sensations of ghosts and vision in some tunnels several hundred years old in England (the people involved did not know the stories etc...). There was a significant corolation beween the events that occured and the stories, including details as close as a girl of around 11 years old. There was also a significant corolation between the locations and times of these events with weird and suttle changes in the earths gravitaional field (a weird one i thought), and drafts, very low wind currents.

Although this was probably around 10 years ago I last heard anything about this so I may be recalling things wrong and of course it may well have been complete rubbish which is highly likely although there was some quite well know scientists involved.

So in conclution then, I don't belive that this is anything real it's just coincidence.

And btw just because a teacher or group of teachers say something doesn't mean it's true.

Firstly, for something to be studied by science it has to be reproduceable.

If you go to Gettysburg for just a few days, you will probably find something that can't be explained with current science. The exact event may not be reproducible, but analyzing other strange events may help you understand them, or at least believe them.

Now on to some spuriouse noncense as some time of explination for some of this kind of weird stuff. I have see proper research groups conduct research into "supernatureral" events' date=' they where investigating sensations of ghosts and vision in some tunnels several hundred years old in England (the people involved did not know the stories etc...). There was a significant corolation beween the events that occured and the stories, including details as close as a girl of around 11 years old. There was also a significant corolation between the locations and times of these events with weird and suttle changes in the earths gravitaional field (a weird one i thought), and drafts, very low wind currents.

Although this was probably around 10 years ago I last heard anything about this so I may be recalling things wrong and of course it may well have been complete rubbish which is highly likely although there was some quite well know scientists involved.

So in conclution then, I don't belive that this is anything real it's just coincidence.[/quote']

Perhaps that could be a start to explaining how events like this happen. Could gravity and time be connected? Perhaps a change in gravity happened in Gettysburg when those teachers were on the elevator. If well known scientists discovered this, why is most of the scientific community denying all events like this?

What would scientists consider to be compelling evidence? If you go to yahoo.com and look up' date=' "Gettysburg Ghost" you will find 436,000 web sites. I looked at some of them, and I don't understand why so many people would lie about their experiences.

There actually is a Gettysburg Ghost Research organization at http://www.gettysburgghostresearch.org. This web site has evidence on it. This includes strange voices and pictures. However, how can anyone make scientists believe this evidence is real?[/quote']

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence."

EVP is a joke. You record noise, and then filter it until something vaguely recognizable is found. As was already stated, people see (and hear) patterns even if they aren't real. Ever see a recognizable shape in a cloud?

And there's a whole collection of lens flares. The use of a "control" lends a false sense of credence. Since you don't reproduce the conditions exactly, you don't reproduce the phenomenon, which is consistent with the lens flares being very sensitive to the optical conditions. If they are ghosts, at the very least show me the pictures with them there, at the same place, taken at different vantage points and also with multiple cameras.

When I was in Gettysburg for a few days, I noticed that there was a tremendous number of ghost tours and such. The tourist industry noticed a few occurences and then capitalized on it, overhyping everything. They turn every little occurence into some big ghost story, so the tourists will be willing to pay a few bucks.

I have to ask: if Gettysburg is so bad, why do we never hear about Antietam or any other battlefield? Or even a WWI or WWII battlefield in France or Germany?

When I was in Gettysburg for a few days' date=' I noticed that there was a tremendous number of ghost tours and such. The tourist industry noticed a few occurences and then capitalized on it, overhyping everything. They turn every little occurence into some big ghost story, so the tourists will be willing to pay a few bucks.

I have to ask: if Gettysburg is so bad, why do we never hear about Antietam or any other battlefield? Or even a WWI or WWII battlefield in France or Germany?[/quote']

Maybe we should blame gravity... :P:D

"Bush Eats Children".......ready for this?...2' date='810,000....

I mean come on people, Mike Tyson eating children only gets 92,300![/quote']

I don't think you understand how search engines work. I own an online marketing company, so I know all about them. When you type in something like Bush Eats Children the search engine shows all the results for "Bush", "Eats", and "Children". As you an imagine, the results for all those keywords combined is very massive.

However, if you type "Bush Eats Children" in quotation marks, it searches for the whole phrase. Only 32 web sites come up. I think that is a big difference.

If you type, "Gettysburg Ghost" in quotation marks, you get over 2,000 web sites with that exact phrase. There is a big difference between 32 and 2,000 web sites.

Exactly. One must remember Sturgeon's Law

That law says that 90% of everything is fake, and 10% is real. That would mean that out of the 2,000 "Gettysburg Ghost" web sites, 200 of them are completely true.

I'm going to say my site is one of the true ones, so pick 199 more sites and make them scientific laws. :P

What makes you think they were misinterpreting their experiences? I thought you said you had your own ghost experiences.

It is, in part, because I have seen ghosts that I am pretty confident that others are misinterpreting their experiences. Hunger, brain state, suggestion, stress, body chemistry can all contribute to the creation of a hallucination. We know - from carefully controlled laboratory experiments of just the type you wish to set up - that hallucinations can be induced and that these are indistinguishable from ghost sightings. So, why would I , were I a researcher, waste time and money on a phenomena that already had an adequate explanation.

That law says that 90% of everything is fake, and 10% is real. That would mean that out of the 2,000 "Gettysburg Ghost" web sites, 200 of them are completely true.

You are disregarding the fact that a web site containing the phrase "Gettysburg Ghost" does not necessarily make claims that the Gettysburg Ghost exists.

That law says that 90% of everything is fake' date=' and 10% is real. That would mean that out of the 2,000 "Gettysburg Ghost" web sites, 200 of them are completely true.

I'm going to say my site is one of the true ones, so pick 199 more sites and make them scientific laws. :P[/quote']

Sayo's point is exactly on target. This site contains that phrase, and does not endorse the phenomena as credible.

And note, please, that I have not claimed that anything about those sites is faked. I'm perfectly content to accept the photos I've seen as real. I just don't see anything in them that suggests any paranormal activity. It's the interpretation/analysis that is crud, not the photos.

just a thought, and I don`t know the exact maths, but it`s not heavily relliant upon that anyway.

how long ago was this gettysburg thing? how fast is the earth moving in space?

Multiply those 2 and you`ll have the distance you`de be away from the earth as it is now, probably millions of miles away when it took place.

so if it were REAL Time Travel, it would present Problems, quite Obvious one at that.

Results 1 - 10 of about 65,000 for ghosts "do not exist".

That seems like compelling evidence to ME! ;)

Let us belive you for a moment, the things which you have taken photos of, did you see them with your own eyes or only on the camara/processed photos?

just a thought' date=' and I don`t know the exact maths, but it`s not heavily relliant upon that anyway.

how long ago was this gettysburg thing? how fast is the earth moving in space?

Multiply those 2 and you`ll have the distance you`de be away from the earth as it is now, probably millions of miles away when it took place.

so if it were REAL Time Travel, it would present Problems, quite Obvious one at that.[/quote']

That is a very good point. People in Gettysburg report that strange events such as "ghost sightings" are most common on the days that the battle of Gettysburg occurred. I always guessed it was because those days are when the most visitors come to Gettysburg. However, it may be related to time travel and the position of Earth. Perhaps time itself has holes in it, and that is why people see ghosts and other things that don't exist in our time. When the Earth is in the right position, we can see through these holes in time.

Let us belive you for a moment, the things which you have taken photos of, did you see them with your own eyes or only on the camara/processed photos?

They were taken with a camera. Of course, you should be aware of the fact that cameras can see things that the human eye can't. You can prove this right now if you have a video camera and remote control for a TV. Press a button on the remote control. If you look at the remote, you probably don't see the signal coming out of the remote. Now, if you point the remote at a video camera while it is recording, you will see the signal coming from the remote when you watch the recording. Perhaps ghosts are similar to remote control signals, and can only be seen with a camera.

However, the ghost books I have offer a different explanation. They claim that ghosts need energy to make themselves appear in our world. They can obtain this energy from the flash of a camera. However, when the flash is gone, the ghost disappears. This could also explain why I could only see them on camera.