Hijack from Maths are wrong?

1x0

22 hours ago, billasker said:

Before you read,understand that this is a personal question that I managed to create.I don't know why,but mathematics seem a bit off to me.I agree that I am questioning almost everything related to science and am probably very wrong but if man created a tool to explain,understand and calcute the results and causes of phenomena of his surroundings,shouldn't it be perfect to be usable?And perfect is something only perfect can create.And man is not perfect.I accept any responses and am happy to read and reply to most of them I can.I'll have you know I'm 16 years old and hope to understand more than the nothing I currently do in this world.

I kind of agree with you. I have raised your questions myself seeking to find clear mathematical reference points to be able to determine physically recognizable values as human performance, knowledge, medically relevant information, space, time, energy, matter...

I am sure you understand more than nothing. The question is do you understand what nothing is?  

So here is my Strategic Value Recognition paper I wrote to my Strategy exam at a Business School, which became quite personal at the end but I think it shows well what is the problem with the mathematical value recognition from a Nature lover, reality worshipper veterinarians point of view.

KDoMS.StrategicValueRecognition..docx

Edited by 1x0

16 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

I kind of agree with you. I have raised your questions myself seeking to find clear mathematical reference points to be able to determine physically recognizable values as human performance, knowledge, medically relevant information, space, time, energy, matter...

I am sure you understand more than nothing. The question is do you understand what nothing is?  

So here is my Strategic Value Recognition paper I wrote to my Strategy exam at a Business School, which became quite personal at the end but I think it shows well what is the problem with the mathematical value recognition from a Nature lover, reality worshipper veterinarians point of view.

KDoMS.StrategicValueRecognition..docx

1/0=1 and 1x0=1 all over your paper, again this BS? Really?
I sincerely hope that you are more competent at being a Vet than at math. 
Why don't you read this for starters:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

I think I work on the most simple math in the know universe. 0 1

I always have a reference point to compare information to and I have to say it works awsome in the praxis because I understand my patients problems from any perspective while you can not clearly enough describe a simple mathematical axiomatisation supported with a physical example which I can not confute. 

So I am pretty fine wondering around about value recognition and try to understand how scientists recognize different values. I have the right to chat around, I learn(ed) the rules, it is a forum and I do not force anyone on anything, I ask questions and I make few suggestions which you can deny reasonably. I am all good with that. I am here to learn which is one purpose of life after all.  

Edited by 1x0

16 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

I think I work on the most simple math in the know universe. 0 1

I always have a reference point to compare information to and I have to say it works awsome in the praxis because I understand my patients problems from any perspective while you can not clearly enough describe a simple mathematical axiomatisation supported with a physical example which I can not confute. 

So I am pretty fine wondering around about value recognition and try to understand how scientists recognize different values. I have the right to chat around, I learn(ed) the rules, it is a forum and I do not force anyone on anything, I ask questions and I make few suggestions which you can deny reasonably. I am all good with that. I am here to learn which is one purpose of life after all.  

As for being here to learn and just chatting around its all good. You don’t get to feed people nonsense like your 1*0=1 or undefined expression like 1/0 on a science site though.

58 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

By saying nothing I mean that the scale of my knowledge is minimal.

15 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

Thank you,it is nice to know that I share this opinion with someone else.As for trying to find mathematical references points I struggle as much as you do(I'm assuming it since you mentioned you raised questions like mine).This is why I think maths are wrong-to a point.This might just be a perfunctory conclusion that I created but even though maths are tools that other aspects of science use,but they do not appear(to me at least) to have any sort of connection to reality.

2 minutes ago, koti said:

As for being here to learn and just chatting around its all good. You don’t get to feed people nonsense like your 1*0=1 or undefined expression like 1/0 on a science site though.

I play with the idea and raise questions I recognize from this anomaly that there is some problem with our calculus. I learn like this.  

2 minutes ago, billasker said:

By saying nothing I mean that the scale of my knowledge is minimal.

27 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

I know. That is why I say it is not nothing. 

3 minutes ago, billasker said:

Thank you,it is nice to know that I share this opinion with someone else.As for trying to find mathematical references points I struggle as much as you do(I'm assuming it since you mentioned you raised questions like mine).This is why I think maths are wrong-to a point.This might just be a perfunctory conclusion that I created but even though maths are tools that other aspects of science use,but they do not appear(to me at least) to have any sort of connection to reality.

They have connections to reality and most of the axiomatizations are true but some fundamental determination for some reason seems to be blur which from my perspective causing confusion. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

I assume you failed. Otherwise business schools have even less value than I suspect.

don't derail the thread Strange. Do not be a bully. Respect the different pace and methods of learning and different interests of the individuals.

11 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

I play with the idea and raise questions I recognize from this anomaly that there is some problem with our calculus. I learn like this.  

I am here to learn too and you are wasting my time. Not to mention billasker who is 16 years old and many other young people who will read this who you feed your bullshit to. 

1 minute ago, 1x0 said:

don't derail the thread Strange. Do not be a bully. Respect the different pace and methods of learning and different interests of the individuals.

I don't think you should be promoting your ignorant nonsense to someone who might think you know what you are talking about. 

@billasker May I presumptuous and give you a small piece of advice. While 1x0 is probably a throughly decent, hard working, nice human being his misunderstanding of maths is profound. This is not in itself a problem. As I noted earlier my grasp of maths is seriously deficient. The difference between myself and 1x0 is that I recognise my deficiencies and do not seek, in my ignorance, to declare that maths must be wrong because I cannot understand aspects of it.

The points made by Koti and Strange, while they may seem harsh, are accurate.

9 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

Since this thread is already derailed by you into the realm of nonsense, why don’t you give us a mathematical proof of what you state in your paper: 1*0=1.

Since this thread is already derailed by you into the realm of nonsense, why don’t you give us a mathematical proof of what you state in your paper: 1*0=1.

I have an apple. I multiply it with nothing (i.e i did not add anything to it) I still have an apple. 

Edited by 1x0

Koti, you could define what 0 means in a mathematical result. Please on a way that me and my other 7 billion undereducated fellow earthlings with limited mental capabilities understand that too. (i.e you connect your explanation to the physical reality)

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

That is addition, not multiplication.

Multiplication is basically repeated addition. 

Edited by 1x0

17 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

Multiplication is basically repeated addition. 

Not really. But if you want to use that naive approach, then:

multiplying by 1 is adding 1 apple: the result is 1 apple

multiplying by 2 is adding 1 apple and then adding 1 apple: result = 2 apples

multiplying by 0 is not adding any apples: result = zero apples

So stop promoting your crackpot maths.

17 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

Koti, you could define what 0 means in a mathematical result. Please on a way that me and my other 7 billion undereducated fellow earthlings with limited mental capabilities understand that too. (i.e you connect your explanation to the physical reality)

I really don't think the rest of mankind has the same problem with this that you do.

Here is an explanation aimed at people who know as little as you: https://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/zero.html

They even have a children's explanation of dividing by zero: https://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/dividing-by-zero.html (maybe this is too advanced for you, though).

Edited by Strange

Well, we've all done a fine job of demonstrating to billasker what a childish bunch of argumentative twits grown ups are. Full marks to 1x0 for starting the avalanche rolling downhill, but our responses have not, in my opinion, helped. Consequently, I've reported one of the posts to draw attention of this train wreck to the mod team.

And, yes, I know that 1x0  is talking misleading nonsense and that the counter arguments have been solid, but a single post to that effect should have been sufficient.

Edited by Area54

1 minute ago, Area54 said:

Well, we've all done a fine job of demonstrating to billasker what a childish bunch of argumentative twits grown ups are. Full marks to 1x0 for starting the avalanche rolling downhill, but our responses have not, in my opinion, helped. Consequently, I've reported one of the posts to draw attention of this train wreck to the mod team.

At least billasker is seeing that it doesn’t make sense to listen to this guy’s nonsense. I will sleep better tonight knowing that a young mans mind was prevented from crap being fed into it. 

Yes, I agree with you. I think my own posts on the thread show we have a similar position. It's just if you read through it, trying to put yourself in his shoes, we look like a bunch of squabbling twelve year olds and I wonder if he will distinguish between 1x0 and the rest of us.

I think you should see the title of the topic in speculations and recognize why he has been placing the question at first hand. 

I hope your profound answers on the raised topic will really help him to trust from now on, the clarity of mathematics.

Edited by 1x0

12 minutes ago, Area54 said:

Yes, I agree with you. I think my own posts on the thread show we have a similar position. It's just if you read through it, trying to put yourself in his shoes, we look like a bunch of squabbling twelve year olds and I wonder if he will distinguish between 1x0 and the rest of us.

I agree. I generally am capable of refraining myself from posting in these kinds of threads but this time I failed. I sincerely hope though, that I will never have such advanced dementia that I will claim 1*0=1. Scary, isn't it.