Maths are wrong?

billasker

Before you read,understand that this is a personal question that I managed to create.I don't know why,but mathematics seem a bit off to me.I agree that I am questioning almost everything related to science and am probably very wrong but if man created a tool to explain,understand and calcute the results and causes of phenomena of his surroundings,shouldn't it be perfect to be usable?And perfect is something only perfect can create.And man is not perfect.I accept any responses and am happy to read and reply to most of them I can.I'll have you know I'm 16 years old and hope to understand more than the nothing I currently do in this world.

Math is not perfect, new branches of math are created all the time to cope with problems which the old math couldn’t handle. Its not only math, science in general is not „perfect”, it evolves and changes all the time.

22 minutes ago, billasker said:

And perfect is something only perfect can create.And man is not perfect.

It could be argued that mathematics was not created by man but was discovered. Even if we are imperfect, we can discover something perfect.

One could argue about whether math is "perfect" or not, but that probably depends on what you mean by "perfect". The fact that we can prove things in maths (and no other subject) may mean it is perfect. But Godel's incompleteness theorem might mean it is not perfect.

if man created a tool to explain,understand and calcute the results and causes of phenomena of his surroundings,shouldn't it be perfect to be usable?

I don't think so. It doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough to be useful.

21 hours ago, billasker said:

Before you read,understand that this is a personal question that I managed to create.I don't know why,but mathematics seem a bit off to me.

You say you are sixteen so you've probably learned about one or two years less maths than I did, but at least it is fresh in your mind. At best you and I have only scratched the surface of the vast field of mathematics. Ignorant as we both are, it is probably unwise to reach any conclusions about the subject, except that, whether it is perfect or imperfect, it is a vital and effective  tool of science.