Why do people so frequently tie a creator to religion?

Scotty99

16 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

You are definitely worked up, you post instantly to my comments in a rather brash manner, while also ignoring the relevant parts of my posts.

Instantly because I am avoiding getting on with work!

And I haven't seen any relevant parts of your posts. All you keep saying is "I believe". Well, hallelujah.

2 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

it takes time to not only process the information but to decipher it.

What information? You haven't proved any.

Again with the selective quoting strange, my goodness ive never seen such a pro troll lol. You need to be commended simply on your forum quoting skills.

I already recommended the documentary the principle, while not exactly in line with my thoughts on the matter they get a LOT right. That is far easier to simply show people what kind of viewpoint i have here than listing 500 things in bulletpoint form.

Edited by Scotty99

3 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

I already recommended the documentary the principle, while not exactly in line with my thoughts on the matter they get a LOT right. 

A religious tract is not scientific evidence. You might as well recommend reading Genesis or watching an episode of Star Trek.

There is no reason to think they got anything right, as it is entirely based on their religious beliefs and the usual creationist lies. Given the title of the thread, I'm not sure why you want to associate yourself with them.

Edited by Strange

5 minutes ago, Itoero said:

I don't think you've told this...What do you mean with a creator?  Is a creator the same as a creative force?

No idea what a creative force even means. My best guess is nothing changes from how it is now, we are simply missing the knowledge of a creator. The universe is there to make us wonder and be inquisitive, simply knowing we have a creator does not change that. A lot of religions today can stimey that wonder, thats a big part of why i cant buy into any of them.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

A religious tract is not scientific evidence. You might as well recommend reading Genesis or watching an episode of Star Trek.

There is no reason to think they got anything right, as it is entirely based on their religious beliefs and the usual creationist lies. Given the title of the thread, I'm not sure why you want to associate yourself with them.

The reason for the title is this, i feel that eventually science is going to have to reconcile we have a creator (again my opinion) but to get to THAT point people are going to need to seperate religious teachings from a creator. If we have a creator none of our religions have it right, people need to accept this first before they can accept a creator. 

A big ask but i feel its the truth and the only way we are going to move forward.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

They had physicists advisement on many of the Start Trek TNG episodes. There is no reason to conflate a perfectly good scifi series with religious delusions and conspiracy theories which Scotty99 is presenting. 

28 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

You cant just casually have a conversation that upends the foundations of cosmology, it takes time to not only process the information but to decipher it.

What information? You haven't given us any. 

I might not fully follow it if you did present it, being fair, as it isn't directly my field. But you have shown nothing other than just making claims without support.

I think I'll just watch and read from now on as I haven't got anything to add  - you are going round in circles making claims without backing them up with anything at all, let alone anything with substance. CP seems pretty easy to accept seeing as we are on the edge of one of billions of galaxies. What is the alternative? 

24 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

No idea what a creative force even means. My best guess is nothing changes from how it is now, we are simply missing the knowledge of a creator. The universe is there to make us wonder and be inquisitive, simply knowing we have a creator does not change that. A lot of religions today can stimey that wonder, thats a big part of why i cant buy into any of them.

Is your creator personal or impersonal?  A personal creator is a creator who can be related to as a person. An impersonal creator is rather described as being a force.

it seems like you believe in this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_All

Edited by Itoero

23 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

My best guess is nothing changes from how it is now, we are simply missing the knowledge of a creator.

If it doesn't;t make any difference then:

1. What is the point of believing in it? (Occam's razor)

2. You admit, therefore, that there can be no evidence: if it makes no difference you cannot tell if it exists or not.

25 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

i feel that eventually science is going to have to reconcile we have a creator (again my opinion)

Not without evidence, it isn't.

25 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

If we have a creator none of our religions have it right, people need to accept this first before they can accept a creator. 

Why? And how do you know they don't have it right? Just another belief, presumably.

You are beginning to sound a bit like the nutter on the train: "all religions are wrong! Science is wrong! Only I know The Truth!"

Because simply the knowledge of a creator would change everything, not sure how you can even ask that question. I also have employed occam's razor in getting to where im at now funny enough.

As to the creator question ive never given a creator much thought beyond it wouldnt be one that writes a guide on how to live, i think that is taken care of automatically with natural selection.

Edit, natural selection may be the wrong wording. I think in all honesty it was a set it and forget it type situation, the seed was planted and then everything else happened as it did. Probably the best way i could explain that.

Edited by Scotty99

3 minutes ago, Itoero said:

Is your creator personal or impersonal?  A personal creator is a creator who can be related to as a person. An impersonal creator is rather described as being a force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_All

I think we've given Scotty99 way more credence than he/she deserves with our continued replies, however cogent; it's just water off a duck's back, even when it's just ridicule.

10 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Because simply the knowledge of a creator would change everything, not sure how you can even ask that question. I also have employed occam's razor in getting to where im at now funny enough.

As to the creator question ive never given a creator much thought beyond it wouldnt be one that writes a guide on how to live, i think that is taken care of automatically with natural selection.

Edit, natural selection may be the wrong wording. I think in all honesty it was a set it and forget it type situation, the seed was planted and then everything else happened as it did. Probably the best way i could explain that.

How old are you Scotty? Not that it matters around here but if you’re a kid it would certainly get you some additional patience from the people who struggle with you in this thread.

10 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I think we've given Scotty99 way more credence than he/she deserves with our continued replies, however cogent; it's just water off a duck's back, even when it's just ridicule.

Oh im sure i sound like a fruit loop to you guys but thats fine im just spitballing. I noticed one thing interesting tho, the real hardcore science only guys never seem to post their ideas about a creator,  even when you know they at least have an opinion.. The method prevents you from talking about it because there isnt observable evidence, does that not bother some of you a bit?

1 minute ago, koti said:

How old are you Scotty? Not that it matters around here but if you’re a kid it would certainly get you some additional patience from the people who struggle with you in this thread.

Im 36. Never been good with people and decided if im not going to succeed in a normal life im gonna dedicate my time to something different, you know be the best you can be and all.

Edited by Scotty99

!

Moderator Note

Locked pending review

2 hours ago, Scotty99 said:

Again ive made that thread here before 

!

Moderator Note

Yes, and it was locked. So stop opening up threads on the subject.

Opening up a thread in religion and then using it to attack science indicates an agenda, and then not providing evidence for your claims. And getting the science wrong as a garnish. It's a bad combination.