Why do people so frequently tie a creator to religion?

Scotty99

1 minute ago, Area54 said:

If I understand you correctly you have made that argument before and others disagreed with the accuracy of your evidence. So this time you've decided to present your argument without the evidence in order to avoid controversy.

How's that working out for you?

Spot on, people disagree and the thread gets no where. 

Im not looking to avoid "controversy" as you put it, i just know where that road leads and people are unwilling or rather unable to look at these problems in a fresh manner as someone new to all of this did 2 years ago.

Just now, Scotty99 said:

You are not going to be more persuasive by not presenting any evidence and saying, "but I believe it is true". Not on a science forum.

As a result, I guess that this thread will be closed for "preaching" like all your other threads.

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

You are not going to be more persuasive by not presenting any evidence and saying, "but I believe it is true". Not on a science forum.

As a result, I guess that this thread will be closed for "preaching" like all your other threads.

Thats fine, as long as the thread exists my work is done.

To be clear its  not as if i didnt present evidence in my other threads, you just chose to disagree with the points that were brought up. The whole idea here is to make people aware of the problems in cosmology today, and its my belief that eventually science is going to have to revist the copernican principle if they want to move forward.

Edited by Scotty99

This thread has actually been an excellent demonstration of why belief in a creator deity is often conflated with religion: we see the same string of intellectually dishonest or simply misguided arguments are put forth together with an absolute refusal to engage in a coherent discussion. 

1 minute ago, Scotty99 said:

Im not looking to avoid "controversy" as you put it, i just know where that road leads and people are unwilling or rather unable to look at these problems in a fresh manner as someone new to all of this did 2 years ago.

Answer me this, before my patience wears out completely, how can I possibly look at the problem if you won't clearly state it and provide the associated evidence? I am willing to consider your hypothesis with an open mind, but you need start delivering more than "You need to believe me, because I am right."

Yep, your threads including this one will be locked but not deleted and will exist showing your „work”. Congratulations on showing everybody here now and in the future that you are full of **it. 

Answer me this, before my patience wears out completely, how can I possibly look at the problem if you won't clearly state it and provide the associated evidence? I am willing to consider your hypothesis with an open mind, but you need start delivering more than "You need to believe me, because I am right."

If you are genuinely curious just go watch the documentary "the principle". Now dont get me wrong the producers of that film definitely have alterior motives, but i believe a lot of what is put forth is actually worth looking into.

10 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

If your goal is to demonstrate that faith-based arguments don't work on a science forum, then you are doing well.

3 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

If you are genuinely curious just go watch the documentary "the principle". Now dont get me wrong the producers of that film definitely have alterior motives

Wasn't that produced by religious fundamentalists who have been disowned by their own church and who lied to people to trick them into appearing in the movie, and then edited what was said in order to support their delusions.

Yes, I can see why that would appeal to you.

Edited by Strange

If you are genuinely curious just go watch the documentary "the principle". Now dont get me wrong the producers of that film definitely have alterior motives, but i believe a lot of what is put forth is actually worth looking into.

I am specifically interested in your thoughts, your beliefs, your evidence, your reasons for reaching your conclusions, your interpretation of items such as the documentary you reference. Agree to start delivering specifics here, or I request immediate closure and recommend you be banned. Enough equivocation is enough! It is discourteous in the extreme.

Just now, Strange said:

If your goal is to demonstrate that faith-based arguments don't work on a science forum, then you are doing well.

I realize you are just trying to get the thread locked at this point (even tho why i explained why i wasnt going into specifics in this thread) and thats fine, but what is it about my way of thinking that has you so worked up? I mean there really isnt a mystery on the specifics of what im talking about here, all you would need to do is search my past threads ive only made a few. 

Not sure if you are actually paying attention but most of the evidence that lead me to this conclusion is based on what we see in the sky, where exactly am i using faith based arguments?

Just now, Scotty99 said:

I realize you are just trying to get the thread locked at this point (even tho why i explained why i wasnt going into specifics in this thread) and thats fine, but what is it about my way of thinking that has you so worked up?

I'm not worked up. I am just trying to get you to accept that evidence-free, faith-based claims are a pointless way of arguing on a science forum.

I mean there really isnt a mystery on the specifics of what im talking about here, all you would need to do is search my past threads ive only made a few.

The ones where you have lied and misrepresented evidence to support your faith? The ones that have been closed for refusing to present evidence and for preaching? Those threads?

2 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Not sure if you are actually paying attention but most of the evidence that lead me to this conclusion is based on what we see in the sky, where exactly am i using faith based arguments?

YOU HAVEN'T PRESENTED ANY EVIDENCE. Sheesh.

In previous threads you have gone so far as to say "this evidence doesn't prove me wrong therefore I must be right". Not exactly a compelling argument.

1 minute ago, Strange said:

I'm not worked up. I am just trying to get you to accept that evidence-free, faith-based claims are a pointless way of arguing on a science forum.

The ones where you have lied and misrepresented evidence to support your faith? The ones that have been closed for refusing to present evidence and for preaching? Those threads?

You are definitely worked up, you post instantly to my comments in a rather brash manner, while also ignoring the relevant parts of my posts. Maybe you should change your avatar to "selective quoter".

2 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

I realize you are just trying to get the thread locked at this point (even tho why i explained why i wasnt going into specifics in this thread) and thats fine, but what is it about my way of thinking that has you so worked up? I mean there really isnt a mystery on the specifics of what im talking about here, all you would need to do is search my past threads ive only made a few. 

Last chance to share evidence on your nonsensical statement that „the science community is debating behind closed doors the validity of the copernican principal” Your next post will contain data/evidence or I am reporting this thread to get trashed and locked.

6 minutes ago, Area54 said:

I am specifically interested in your thoughts, your beliefs, your evidence, your reasons for reaching your conclusions, your interpretation of items such as the documentary you reference. Agree to start delivering specifics here, or I request immediate closure and recommend you be banned. Enough equivocation is enough! It is discourteous in the extreme.

Oh im sure it will get closed, people round these parts will not hear that the precious CP is in jeopardy.

1 minute ago, koti said:

Last chance to share evidence on your nonsensical statement that „the science community is debating behind closed doors the validity of the copernican principal” Your next post will contain data/evidence or I am reporting this thread to get trashed and locked.

Whats funny about this whole deal is that what im telling you guys is actually whats happening in the elite discussions of science today, you should be thanking me....

Oh im sure it will get closed, people round these parts will not hear that the precious CP is in jeopardy.

As you wish.

Text of the Report.

"I recommend that Scotty 99 not only have this thread closed for persistent refusal to present evidence but that he be permanently banned from the forum, primarily for being a devious, ignorant asshole."

4 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Whats funny about this whole deal is that what im telling you guys is actually whats happening in the elite discussions of science today, you should be thanking me....

But you aren't telling us anything. That will change formally shortly, I hope.

Just now, Area54 said:

As you wish.

Text of the Report.

"I recommend that Scotty 99 not only have this thread closed for persistent refusal to present evidence but that he be permanently banned from the forum, primarily for being a devious, ignorant asshole."

Why the hostility tho? I did in fact link a harvard study that suggests we need a whole new approach to inflation, this is where cosmology is at today......the big bang or CP has to go.

As you wish.

Text of the Report.

That seems a bit harsh:

"I recommend that Scotty 99 not only have this thread closed for persistent refusal to present evidence but that he be permanently banned from the forum, primarily for being a devious, ignorant asshole. underage and trying to say infinity +1 :P"

12 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

They will thank for you for it  -  if you give them credible evidence supporting this claim rather than just stating it...  otherwise they will think you are a troll or a loon.

11 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

I doubt anyone cares that much - especially as there isn't any evidence. But if there were any evidence, it would probably be seen as an exciting development. Like any "new science".

5 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Why the hostility tho?

I imagine it is mainly frustration at your "I believe I am right but I won't say why" attitude.

5 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

I did in fact link a harvard study that suggests we need a whole new approach to inflation, this is where cosmology is at today......the big bang or CP has to go.

There is no reason to think that the Big Bang model is incorrect. There is no reason to think that the Copernican principle isn't accurate.

Stop making these dishonest claims.

Edited by Strange

1 minute ago, DrP said:

They will thank for you for it  -  if you give them credible evidence supporting this claim rather than just stating it...  otherwise they will think you are a troll or a loon.

Im not sure you realize how deep the rabbit hole goes. You cant just casually have a conversation that upends the foundations of cosmology, it takes time to not only process the information but to decipher it.

Or do you think that inflation is somehow fundamental to the Big Bang model? Is this the level of your ignorance?

12 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

Whats funny about this whole deal is that what im telling you guys is actually whats happening in the elite discussions of science today

You don't know this.

And why should anyone believe you when you refuse to present any evidence and are notoriously dishonest.

Im not sure you realize how deep the rabbit hole goes. You cant just casually have a conversation that upends the foundations of cosmology, it takes time to not only process the information but to decipher it.

Not every rabbit hole leads to wonderland, sometimes you just get dirt in your hare.