memory during dreams

This thread might be related to another thread about controlling dreams. A couple nights ago, I had a dream where one second I was standing with someone and a flood was coming, and the next second they were gone and someone else replaced them and we went into a candy store. If I had realized that the first person disappeared during the dream, why didn't I do something? It kind of bothered me when I woke up trying to remember the dream. Maybe they were separate dreams, and I remembered them as one dream.

The next night, I had a dream where I was on a boat. The person on the boat who was speaking, might've been like a guide of some sort, and he talked about something I had seen earlier in the dream. And I could remember it.

So why is it that in some dreams we don't have a good short-term memory and in others we do (or it appears as if we do)?

That's never happened to me, but a couple of months I had a series of seperate dreams that were connected as kind of a story arc. It was so strange. In the second dream a friend(doesn't really exist) and I would go visit another friend (also doesn't exist) that I visited in the dream the night before. @_@

They were probably two seperate dreams. In any given night, you tend to have anywhere from 5-10 dreams, or at least that is what I have heard. Just because you don't remember there being a pause or another dream in between them doesn't mean it was just one.

Yes, i've had that too.

One dream im in say a lobby of a building, and i go around and do stuff.

then, a few weeks later im in the same parking lot, and go into that same lobby, but go somewhere else afterwards.

pretty crazy though.