Conservative Views Explained

Raider5678

1 minute ago, Raider5678 said:

It's a general concept of being resistant to change. You can be resistant to change in some areas and not resistant to change in others. That's how it is.

But is there anything in your stance that could tell you when change is bad, and when it's good? Is it blasphemy to change Grammy Viola's sweet potato recipe at Thanksgiving? Is it progress when mom breaks with tradition and starts cooking the turkey in an oven bag so it's not so dried out? Is it conservative to deny an increase in minimum wage because it will cost business owners more, or is it conservative to raise wages to keep people active in the economy and off welfare? Is it conservative to go to the doctor as little as possible to save resources, or to go often as a preventative measure to stay healthy?

6 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

1-6 were fairly vague and could be applied to pretty much anywhere in the world.

Yeah, you think Assad in Syria cares about people's potential, history  of capitalism, and less govt influence? By anywhere in the would I think you Western would because 1-6 doesn't apply nearly anywhere in the Middle East, Russia, China, and Norther Africa, Central America, and etc.

10 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

It's a general concept of being resistant to change. You can be resistant to change in some areas and not resistant to change in others. That's how it is.

Kim Jong Un is very resistant to change.

14 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

But clearly, I underestimated how determined you can be to turn this thread into an attack on Republicans. Kudos.

I linked you the published platforms for both parties and encouraged you to review both. That is hardly and attack.

4 minutes ago, MigL said:

Well, when you post your liberal list, I'll tell you which points I agree with or don't.
So far, only iNow and Raider have posted their liberal/conservative lists, and those are the ones we've been trying to discuss.

I won't be posting a list like that, for the reasons I've already stated. Anything I could put down has a different perspective, don't you see?

6 minutes ago, MigL said:

But others keep bringing up Democrat/Republican differences.

So ignore them.

8 minutes ago, MigL said:

Please don't tell me what I think.

Because I was right? Or don't you think all those things about yourself? I know I do. 

11 minutes ago, MigL said:

Or do you think your definition of 'liberal' is the only valid one or that counts ?

It's just like cigarettes. If you stop reaching for the straw every time you get stressed, you can quit eventually.

4 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

Yeah, you think Assad in Syria cares about people's potential, history  of capitalism, and less govt influence? By anywhere in the would I think you Western would because 1-6 doesn't apply nearly anywheKim Jong Un is very resistant to change.

I didn't realize that dictators were conservatives.

I also didn't realize they were liberals.

Especially since both conservatives and liberals are pretty much against dictatorships.

But hey. Dammit. Let's be unreasonable and assume that by conservative views worldwide, I meant that anyone who's resistant to change is a conservative. You're being a moron. Downvote away but it's the truth and I'm going to go back to ignoring you.

Edited by Raider5678

9 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

We could just start another thread and ask everyone to list what they're conservative on and what they're liberal on.

Do the titles (liberal conservative) apply outside of ones individual political environment? Letting a women show her face in public is a liberal position in Afghanistan. If these threads are going to be in politics and not general philosophy that they sort of need to be political i.e. about specific policies and actual unfolding events.

You need at least two political parties. Ten oz, for one to be considered liberal and the other conservative.
North Korea and Syria have no political parties. They are dictatorships.
I don't see your point.

3 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Especially since both conservatives and liberals are pretty much against dictatorships.

So where in the world specifically do you believe these titles (conservative and liberal apply)? You copied and pasted the whole globe earlier. 

3 minutes ago, MigL said:

You need at least two political parties. Ten oz, for one to be considered liberal and the other conservative.

Why, you have argued that liberal and conservative do not apply specifically to parties. If liberal and conservative are merely individual preferences than one can take a more liberal or conservative view toward anything. 

I don't smoke Phi.

The two OPs by iNow and Raider mentioned a number of ideals, which we are/were discussing.

If your premise, Phi, is that these points can be common to both ideologies, and you read back, you'll find that that's exactly what I posted.
I.E.we all want what is best for everyone. Opinions differ on how to implement 'the best'.

?I don't recall facial coverings being listed in the liberal values or the conservative values thread, Ten oz.
That's what we were discussing, so, again, I don't see your point.

1 minute ago, MigL said:

?I don't recall facial coverings being listed in the liberal values or the conservative values thread, Ten oz.

So one is enable to have a more liberal or conservative stance regarding them? Either liberal and conservative are titles directly associated with policy platforms or not. I think you are trying to have it both ways a bit in saying liberal and conservative should be not conflated with democrat and republican but then also arguing only democracies with competing parties can have liberals and conservatives. 

5 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

I doubt I need to point out what made me decide to post this.

And another note, I don't consider Republicans as very accurate representations of conservatives.

This is virtually copied word for word from what others have told me.

But this is why I don't have a problem being half conservative.

Well lets see, I have no problem being a progressive but blindly following any side is bound to end badly.

1. I'm pragmatic. At its heart, politics should be about making the lives of people better. If an education system sounds good but doesn't help kids learn, what good is it? No matter how good an economic policy sounds today if it turns your city into Detroit over the long term, what good is it? If your stimulus program just adds to the deficit and doesn't actually stimulate the economy, what good is it?

This makes no sense, how is any of this conservative? It's more anarchist than anything else. 

To me, it seems like many liberal policies are based on the fact it makes them feel good or bad, rather than if it actually works or not. 

Well you'd be incorrect, what makes me feel good is irrelevant and your assertion is just more propaganda from those that want to divide and conquer. 

2. I believe everyone has great potential. Not everyone can be Einstein, steve jobs, or Babe Ruth, but everyone can be good at something. Abraham Maslow said: "If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy the rest of your life." Encouraging people to be their best matters on more than just a human level but as a society. I believe everyone regardless of their sex, religion, or race, has potential to be something special.

And this has what to do with being conservative? 

On the other hand, it seems to me liberalism is encouraging people to fail. So much of modern liberalism is created around teaching people to see themselves as victims, to be dependant on government, and to nurse a sense of grievance against the rest of society because life is unfair. If you're waiting for the government to solve your problems you're going to be waiting a very long time. 

More propaganda, is this your "feeling about liberals" or just more of the oligarchy potting us against each other?  

3. I don't trust the government. Whether you view government as a "necessary evil" or a "good" will make all the difference in the world on the policies you support.  Our government does very few things better than a regulated private sector. It takes longer, it spends more, it's dumber, provides terrible customer service, is difficult to deal with, and for some reason seems to constantly praise bureaucrats for mediocre performances. 

Bullshit, the government does many things better, from trash service to road building. The private sector always raises the price and lowers the quality of any service... 

4. I'm a student of human nature.  I enjoy figuring out what makes people tick. However, it doesn't take Sigmund Freud to conclude that people will work harder for themselves than someone across the country, that people respond to economic incentives, that morals MATTER, and that self-reliance is better than dependency. A utopian future sounds amazing, but if you have to rewrite human nature in order for it to work, I don't believe it will work. Communism wouldn't have worked if different people were in charge of it. Human nature basically says one day someone will take over, and they won't care about the people they're in charge of.

WOW are you going to mention Hitler next? Morals matter? What a joke, see our current conservative party, they have the morals of a rat. Communism? You are equating liberals with communists? Damn you have been drinking way to much kool aid... 

5. I love history. And this quote basically sums it up: " If you crack open a history book once in a while, it's amazing how much you'll learn. If you do, it'll quickly become apparent that capitalism far outstrips every other economic system known to man. You'll also find that as a general rule, the more power that's concentrated in the hands of the government, the worse off the people inevitably seem to be. You'll see that corruption and degeneracy rots societies from within, war will be ever present and most importantly, that freedom, democracy, and prosperity are rare in human history and that wise people should never take those things for granted. The wheels of history turn very slowly, but they do grind civilizations that don't pay attention to their lessons into a very bloody pulp."

Conservatism, being on the wrong side of everything from racism to capitalism, making the rich richer and everyone else poorer for thousands of years... 

6. I believe in the collective wisdom of those who came before me. "Thomas Sowell also spoke for me when he said, "Out of every hundred new ideas ninety-nine or more will probably be inferior to the traditional responses which they propose to replace. No one man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in one lifetime to such fullness of understanding as to safely judge and dismiss the customs or institutions of his society, for those are the wisdom of generations after centuries of experiment in the laboratory of history."

Yeah  I know what you mean, ending slavery and building a middle class was so wrong... 

Liberals are heedless, careless and foolish with the past. They call for the overturning of traditions and doctrine that have served us well for hundreds of years based on nothing more than feelings and just shrug off the almost incalculable damage their policies cause. Like an alcoholic who thinks about nothing but where his next drink is coming from, liberals think about nothing other than their feelings in the moment without considering the consequences of their actions."

Conservatives learn nothing from the past except they want to return to the glory days of the nobles and surfs... 

These are the core reasons. Some more points I'd like to point out to correct some common misconceptions.

7. I do not believe I should give every idiot with two hands a gun. I have no problem with guns being regulated from mentally insane people, and there being laws requiring you to register your gun, have a background check, etc. But I also believe in being allowed to have a gun and to use it as I see fit(Target shooting, hunting, etc.) as long as it's legal and moral. That's all I want. 

This I agree with whole heartedly... You cannot claim this as a conservative ideal, Yes some liberals feel this way, get used to it... 

8. I do not hate everyone who is different from me. I have no problem with them. I do however hate it when others are blamed for my own problems.

Yeah as long as those other guys know their place everything is fine... 

9. I do not hate immigrants. I have no problem with immigrants. I just think they should do it legally. 

And this is not a conservative ideal in any manner. Recently the conservatives deported a man who had spent nearly all his life here, he owned a business, payed taxes, had employees, a wife children, had never been in trouble but because his parents brought him here he is back in a country where he doesn't speak the language or know the customs. a stranger in a strange land because he was brought here when he was young... 

Yes it should be done legally, pay all that extra money for food harvested by americans who have to be paid a decent wage. paying non citizens slave wages so conservatives can get richer is so wrong... 

10. I do not believe poor people shouldn't be given health coverage. Nor do I believe everyone should have to pay their own health coverage. I have no problem using my taxes to help pay for someone who can't afford this basic thing. However, I do not believe health insurance should be handled by the government. It should be regulated, not owned, by the government. 

This we can discuss but you are obviously not in step with your oligarch bosses...  

11. I am not a fascist. I don't believe in having a dictatorship anymore then I believe in communism. 

How about an oligarchy where the few rich capitalists buy our representatives and holding public office is simply a way to get rich by fucking over everyone but your owners... 

And a personal one, for my own personal reason.

12. I am a Christian. I oppose what I consider immoral practices that infringe upon other peoples rights. I don't expect you to have to live under my religion. I don't expect you to have to live under my rules. But I do believe abortion is wrong. And Liberalism is very much against this. 

I am a liberal, I think abortion is wrong, i also think telling a woman what she has to do with her body is wrong. It's interesting that your christian value do not match the laws christians are trying to pass to take rights away from some to make others feel good about imposing their moral views on others.. 

There are many things that I like about conservatives and liberals. They each have their own virtues and their own faults.

Then why would you write such a silly post about how you are a conservative? Do you think that there is only two paths? get with the program, stop allowing others to tell you who to oppress. Your statement is neither conservative or liberal, it's called middle of the road where reasonable people make reasonable decisions based on reality instead of political party...  

Neither is perfect. We need a combination of advancing in society(liberalism) and not going into something before thinking about it(conservatives). 

Why didn't you just say this instead of trying to tell me what liberals are and why conservatives are better? anytime you blindly follow the herd you are sheep... 

And as a final note, once again, don't even bother arguing against these with "Republicans did this! Republicans did that!" because I will ignore it. Not because I refuse to see the "error of my ways" but because I am not discussing republicans or democrats, I'm discussing liberalism and conservatism. 

No you are towing the party line, our government is owned by the few at the expense of the many due to people not thinking and following nothing but propaganda.. 

Stop allowing your self to be labeled by people who are just trying to dominate us all by creating a false dichotomy. There is far more than just two sides and the extremes of both sides are just stopping the rest of us from being able to fight the bastards... 

Edited by Moontanman

6 hours ago, Raider5678 said:

To me, it seems like many liberal policies are based on the fact it makes them feel good or bad, rather than if it actually works or not. 

I got this far and remembered about the "trickle down" theory...

I believe everyone has great potential. Not everyone can be Einstein, steve jobs, or Babe Ruth, but everyone can be good at something. Abraham Maslow said: "If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy the rest of your life." Encouraging people to be their best matters on more than just a human level but as a society. I believe everyone regardless of their sex, religion, or race, has potential to be something special.

Great; and what better way to encourage them to be the best they can be than to ensure they have the best education they can get?
Which is -kind of- the antithesis of Conservatism which thinks they should get the education their parents can afford.

I don't trust the government.

Stop using the internet; brought to you by government scientists...

I enjoy figuring out what makes people tick.

Me too; and that's why I can spot the cognitive biases that politicians exploit...

I love history. And this quote basically sums it up: " If you crack open a history book once in a while, it's amazing how much you'll learn.

Indeed; have a look at how the Conservative politicians have "improved" the world.

, the more power that's concentrated in the hands of the government, the worse off the people inevitably seem to be.

"seem" is a very big word.

Imagine, for a moment the idea of a democracy where the will of the people is strongly aligned with the will of the government.
Compare that whith a world wher the will of the government is entirely defined by the will of the very rich- a plutocracy, rather than a democracy...

Which one would support "big government" which controls the excesses of capitalism and he free market?

I could carry on, but it's late.

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

Well lets see, I have no problem being a progressive but blindly following any side is bound to end badly.

Did I say I blindly follow conservatives? Where are you getting this from?

2 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

This makes no sense, how is any of this conservative? It's more anarchist than anything else. 

Hear this Phi? We're Anarchists now. Because be both think being pragmatic is good.

3 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Bullshit, the government does many things better, from trash service to road building. The private sector always raises the price and lowers the quality of any service... 

You're clearly delusional. Have you ever heard of SpaceX? They're an example of a private sector, which was heavily fought against because they thought it was going to increase the price and lower the quality, that proved this theory wrong dead in it's track. There are examples where the government does better, but by god how can you say "always"? There are many examples against this. So, to quote you, bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

WOW are you going to mention Hitler next? Morals matter? What a joke, see our current conservative party, they have the morals of a rat. Communism? You are equating liberals with communists? Damn you have been drinking way to much kool aid... 

No. I'm not. I didn't mention Hitler. Additionally, I was saying Communism failed in general. It succeeded in some areas, credit where credit is due. But it failed in so many more. And no, I don't like kool aid.

9 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Conservatism, being on the wrong side of everything from racism to capitalism, making the rich richer and everyone else poorer for thousands of years... 

So apparently following EITHER side(your quote by the way) entirely, is a really stupid idea. Unless you're following the liberal side? Since conservatives are on the wrong side of EVERYTHING, then liberals must be on the right side?

10 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Yeah  I know what you mean, ending slavery and building a middle class was so wrong... 

Did you even read it? Did it say 100/100 are bad ideas? Really? Are you that blind with anger at this point you didn't even read it all?

Which by the way, I'd like to point out, your post is filled with very angry irrational words. You had a knee-jerk reaction, and it's showing. 

12 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

This I agree with whole heartedly... You cannot claim this as a conservative ideal, Yes some liberals feel this way, get used to it... 

That was more of an American centric ideal. Additionally, since you seem to be arguing from an American centric side anyways, you'd be hard-pressed to prove to me that a majority of conservatives want guns to have absolutely no regulation. You're assuming that we're secretly colluding about what we actually think about guns or something?

15 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Yeah as long as those other guys know their place everything is fine... 

Stop equating people with different views than you as racist. I am a minority, what am I? Racist against myself? 

I'll say it. There are racist conservatives. There are also liberal murderers. Shall we play a childish round of the pointing game?

17 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

And this is not a conservative ideal in any manner. Recently the conservatives deported a man who had spent nearly all his life here, he owned a business, payed taxes, had employees, a wife children, had never been in trouble but because his parents brought him here he is back in a country where he doesn't speak the language or know the customs. a stranger in a strange land because he was brought here when he was young... 

Yes it should be done legally, pay all that extra money for food harvested by americans who have to be paid a decent wage. paying non citizens slave wages so conservatives can get richer is so wrong... 

At this point you're clearly talking about Republicans, however, you've simply replaced the word with conservatives.

So I'm not saying anything.

18 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

This we can discuss but you are obviously not in step with your oligarch bosses...  

Yes. Because we all know I report to my oligarch boss every morning to get my thoughts. 

Just like you do. 

20 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

How about an oligarchy where the few rich capitalists buy our representatives and holding public office is simply a way to get rich by fucking over everyone but your owners... 

My owners? What are you even talking about now?

21 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Then why would you write such a silly post about how you are a conservative? Do you think that there is only two paths? get with the program, stop allowing others to tell you who to oppress. Your statement is neither conservative or liberal, it's called middle of the road where reasonable people make reasonable decisions based on reality instead of political party...  

You've been brainwashed more then I have. That's all I can say.

22 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

I am a liberal, I think abortion is wrong, i also think telling a woman what she has to do with her body is wrong. It's interesting that your christian value do not match the laws christians are trying to pass to take rights away from some to make others feel good about imposing their moral views on others.. 

Quick. Run to the antichristian rants. That's the way to prove you're knowledgeable.

The same way Hitler was a Christians, and we secretly support him?(Yeah. I checked out your youtube channel. Not really a fan.)

25 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Why didn't you just say this instead of trying to tell me what liberals are and why conservatives are better? anytime you blindly follow the herd you are sheep... 

Yes. I'm a sheep for saying it after I said it the first time, which was at the beginning of the post.

Forgive me, oh Moontanman, for forcing you to read and reply to my post before you read the entire thing.

26 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

No you are towing the party line, our government is owned by the few at the expense of the many due to people not thinking and following nothing but propaganda.. 

Yes. Because this is about Republicans. Not conservatives to you. It's clear from what you've typed.

Your post was an illogical rant, that you posted before even reading everything I read.

You've made claims that are ludicrous.

You've called me an idiot for blindly following one side and conforming to everything about them. Then called me out for not conforming 100% to them.

Then said that 100% of them is wrong and that liberals are on the right side of everything.

This post made me literally sigh. I expect this type of thing from emotionally driven people who've been indoctrinated into whatever being challenged. Not you.

But, I've been wrong before, and I was wrong. 

12 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Indeed; have a look at how the Conservative politicians have "improved" the world.

Got rid of Slavery.

Founded NASA.

Passed laws preventing discrimination.

Supported the civil rights movements across the world.

Helped Capitalism.

Helped destroy the system of living under kings.

Helped create democracy.

I could carry on, but it's late.

4 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Did I say I blindly follow conservatives? Where are you getting this from?

Hear this Phi? We're Anarchists now. Because be both think being pragmatic is good.

You're clearly delusional. Have you ever heard of SpaceX? They're an example of a private sector, which was heavily fought against because they thought it was going to increase the price and lower the quality, that proved this theory wrong dead in it's track. There are examples where the government does better, but by god how can you say "always"? There are many examples against this. So, to quote you, bullshit.

No. I'm not. I didn't mention Hitler. Additionally, I was saying Communism failed in general. It succeeded in some areas, credit where credit is due. But it failed in so many more. And no, I don't like kool aid.

So apparently following EITHER side(your quote by the way) entirely, is a really stupid idea. Unless you're following the liberal side? Since conservatives are on the wrong side of EVERYTHING, then liberals must be on the right side?

Did you even read it? Did it say 100/100 are bad ideas? Really? Are you that blind with anger at this point you didn't even read it all?

Which by the way, I'd like to point out, your post is filled with very angry irrational words. You had a knee-jerk reaction, and it's showing. 

That was more of an American centric ideal. Additionally, since you seem to be arguing from an American centric side anyways, you'd be hard-pressed to prove to me that a majority of conservatives want guns to have absolutely no regulation. You're assuming that we're secretly colluding about what we actually think about guns or something?

Stop equating people with different views than you as racist. I am a minority, what am I? Racist against myself? 

I'll say it. There are racist conservatives. There are also liberal murderers. Shall we play a childish round of the pointing game?

At this point you're clearly talking about Republicans, however, you've simply replaced the word with conservatives.

So I'm not saying anything.

Yes. Because we all know I report to my oligarch boss every morning to get my thoughts. 

Just like you do. 

My owners? What are you even talking about now?

You've been brainwashed more then I have. That's all I can say.

Quick. Run to the antichristian rants. That's the way to prove you're knowledgeable.

The same way Hitler was a Christians, and we secretly support him?(Yeah. I checked out your youtube channel. Not really a fan.)

Yes. I'm a sheep for saying it after I said it the first time, which was at the beginning of the post.

Forgive me, oh Moontanman, for forcing you to read and reply to my post before you read the entire thing.

Yes. Because this is about Republicans. Not conservatives to you. It's clear from what you've typed.

Your post was an illogical rant, that you posted before even reading everything I read.

You've made claims that are ludicrous.

You've called me an idiot for blindly following one side and conforming to everything about them. Then called me out for not conforming 100% to them.

Then said that 100% of them is wrong and that liberals are on the right side of everything.

This post made me literally sigh. I expect this type of thing from emotionally driven people who've been indoctrinated into whatever being challenged. Not you.

But, I've been wrong before, and I was wrong. 

So sarcasm is completely lost on you? What does communism have to do with liberalism? Pot meet kettle... 

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

And this is why labels are ridiculous and divisive. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.  

I would like to point out that Moontanman, in his own admission, identifies as 100% liberal.

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

So sarcasm is completely lost on you? What does communism have to do with liberalism? Pot meet kettle... 

You haven't addressed anything I've said.

This thread is devolving. 

I'm out.

Edited by Raider5678

I would like to point out that Moontanman, in his own admission, identifies as 100% liberal.

You haven't addressed anything I've said.

You gave us an insane rant, I gave you one. I identify as liberal because I can disagree with liberals, it's a big tent... Sadly there is no "side" I can identify with as much as you evidently can... 

If you cannot see your own rant for what is was then you are as far gone as any extremist... communism my grandma's but... 

Get two people to agree that I started this thread with an "insane rant"

I dare you.

Do you really not see how silly your post was? Do you really think these things are that cut and dried? Can you really not see how claiming a label without any caveats  put you squarely into the wing nut zone? Can you really not see how your claims about liberals is no better than liberal claims about conservatives? Good God, we're doomed, the great filter is here and it is us... 

4 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Do you really not see how silly your post was? Do you really think these things are that cut and dried? Can you really not see how claiming a label without any caveats  put you squarely into the wing nut zone? Can you really not see how your claims about liberals is no better than liberal claims about conservatives? Good God, we're doomed, the great filter is here and it is us... 

From what I've read from this thread, you're the only one who has seen it like this.

I made it very clear that I did not claim a label without any caveats.

So before you make an even bigger idiot out of yourself, read what I have said.

There are many things that I like about conservatives and liberals. They each have their own virtues and their own faults.

Neither is perfect. We need a combination of advancing in society(liberalism) and not going into something before thinking about it(conservatives). 

So. Claim one more time that I am fulling backing one party.

That I'm a blind sheep who doesn't think for himself.

Claim one more time that I'm blind for not realizing both parties have faults.

Claim one more time that I'm blind for not realizing neither party is perfect.

Say how much of an idiot I am for not realizing I need to stand in the middle ground.

Correct me on the error of my ways.

OR HOW ABOUT ACTUALLY READING MY POSTS?

Edited by Raider5678

From what I've read from this thread, you're the only one who has seen it like this.

I made it very clear that I did not claim a label without any caveats.

So before you make an even bigger idiot out of yourself, read what I have said.

Yeah, liberals are communists, liberals want to take our guns, liberals want to make everyone have an abortion, liberals have no morals... fuck it, not worth my time, go worship your Christian president... 

7 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Yeah, liberals are communists, liberals want to take our guns, liberals want to make everyone have an abortion, liberals have no morals... fuck it, not worth my time, go worship your Christian president... 

Strawman. I never said liberals are communists.

Strawman. I never said liberals want to take our guns. 

Strawman. I just said I disagreed with abortion. 

Strawman. I never said liberals have no morals.

Another note.

I just love to see those lovely obscenities on what's supposed to be a rational debate forum. 

Edited by Raider5678

Just now, Raider5678 said:

Strawman. I never said liberals are communists.

Strawman. I never said liberals want to take our guns. 

Strawman. I just said I disagreed with abortion. 

Strawman. I never said liberals have no morals.

Another note.

I just love to see those lovely obscenities on what's supposed to be a rational debate forum. 

You are so full of it, you insinuated those things in your post, if not why did you mention them in relation to liberalism? How was I'm not a communist in anyway pertinent to your rant if not in comparison to liberals? When I say I'm a liberal is it necessary for me to say I'm not a fascist in that context? Why was it necessary to say you have morals in a rant about why you are not a liberal? Tell me what you are, not what you aren't, I am not a great many things, none of them identify me, I only identify with the things i am  not the things I am not... 

22 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

So before you make an even bigger idiot out of yourself,

Take a deep breath. Step away for a while. Go for a walk. Play a game. Read a book. Take another deep breath. 

Do all of this before posting again. 

Youre amongst friends. Let’s please treat each other that way. 

17 minutes ago, iNow said:

Take a deep breath. Step away for a while. Go for a walk. Play a game. Read a book. Take another deep breath. 

Do all of this before posting again. 

Youre amongst friends. Let’s please treat each other that way. 

Took my dog for a walk.

Does that count?

But regardless, I afforded respect to those who did the same to me.

I didn't curse, I didn't generalize everyone, I didn't massively attack anyone, I didn't insinuate anyone was part of a conspiracy, I didn't insinuate anyone was racist or bigoted, I didn't call people anarchists, and I didn't say he's an extremist. I called him an idiot who needs to calm down.

Read the things he's said from my point of view.

I tried to keep it peaceful and rational. I didn't want it to turn into a slugfest about who's evil. I wanted to discuss virtues of conservatives. 

I'm not the smartest person on this forum.

I often make stupid arguments, I make ridiculous statements. I'll be the first to admit that.

However this time I did nothing to warrant a response like that. This time it's not me who needs to calm down.

Edited by Raider5678

Moontanman has dogs. Bassett hounds, I believe. Maybe you guys can talk about that for a while so you remember each others humanity. 

12 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

I'm not the smartest person on this forum.

It’s a wonderful position to be in, isn’t it? Surrounded by bright people helping us to improve and fill the darkness in our own understandings; to highlight our blind spots and offer ways to be better.