Does the perception of time depends from mass?

1x0

Perception of time is not an effect that depends on relativity. Time and the perception of time are two separate subjects.

Time is affected by position in a gravitational potential, which does depend on mass, and other factors.

Proper time * itself seems to have an absolute property. It is unchanging (as is,presumably  space).

It is only  when measurements of time or space are attempted  of  objects in another frame of reference  that  the spatio- temporal ratio is altered 

When we take measurements in our immediate locality  and at low speeds , time and space seem to take on  a reliable character and relationship** 

Is this circumstance "fundamental" or ,as I seem to have understood up till now   "special" ?  (that is why it is called "Special Relativity" ,I think)

* described ,as an analogy  as passing at one second per second

**admittedly spacetime intervals (and apparently some other measurements) are also the same to any observer in any frame of reference .

Edited by geordief

5 hours ago, geordief said:

Is this circumstance "fundamental" or ,as I seem to have understood up till now   "special" ?  (that is why it is called "Special Relativity" ,I think)

It is called "Special" because it only applies to the special case where gravity is ignored.  General Relativity is call thus because it applies  to all cases, including those limited to SR (GR encompasses SR.)