Latex test

studiot

I've noticed my tex stuff is overcramped when displayed, these days so I'm finding out how to make it bigger.

[math]{P_{n = 3}} = \left\{ {1 - {{\left( {\frac{5}{6}} \right)}^3}} \right\} = \left\{ {1 - \left( {\frac{{125}}{{216}}} \right)} \right\} = \frac{{91}}{{216}}[/math]

It comes out bigger on my TEX editor, but is cut back here

Any suggestions?

Edited by studiot

It has been a long time since I've used latex on the forum, and now I find I can't get it to work and the preview post doesn't seem to work either. I have to say that the old way of using latex and previewing the post worked a lot better, but it is most likely that I'm not familiar with how the new forum software works. What's really weird is that this post is displaying a horizontal scroll bar instead of wrapping the text...

\[f(x)=\frac{x}{3}\]
Edited by Daedalus

I find I have to press the page refresh button in the browser and wait and wait and wait for superfast MathJax to load.

This is another example of modern programming where presentation takes precedence over product.

And thank you for bumping this thread.

I have just posted an equation in Tex or whatever and I still haven't found out how to stop it being being rendered excruciatingly small.

Edited by studiot

No problem studiot. I figured I'd bump this thread to test some latex \( f(x)=x^2 \). I've seen the update tutorial, but it just doesn't seem to work for me :(

\[ f(x)=x^2 \]

[edit]

Well, this post actually worked... However, I did have to refresh the browser like you said! This is unacceptable. The preview doesn't show the equations. So, you have to actually make a post to see if the latex works. I've been wanting to release my work on the Collatz conjecture here on the forum, but there are a lot of equations that I have to use latex to write. Since I can't preview the post anymore, I have to make several edits after posting :(

Edited by Daedalus

[math]{P_{n = 3}} = \left\{ {1 - {{\left( {\frac{5}{6}} \right)}^3}} \right\} = \left\{ {1 - \left( {\frac{{125}}{{216}}} \right)} \right\} = \frac{{91}}{{216}}[/math]

On 4.02.2018 at 6:22 PM, studiot said:

I still haven't found out how to stop it being being rendered excruciatingly small.

But I gave you solution in 2nd post..

Edited by Sensei

1 hour ago, Sensei said:
On 04/02/2018 at 5:22 PM, studiot said:

I still haven't found out how to stop it being being rendered excruciatingly small.

But I gave you solution in 2nd post..

Except that I had already tried that and it doesn't work.

I already said that something here seems to overide the (enhanced) size setting I choose.

Thanks anyway.

What I don't know is how others see the Tex I am posting but for me it is so small that is muddles up fractions for instance.

27 minutes ago, studiot said:

Except that I had already tried that and it doesn't work.

But it works on my above examples. You don't see it on your web browser?

Screen-shot:

Latex.thumb.png.df4d88b078108be190df0b6dc0c13836.png

27 minutes ago, studiot said:

I already said that something here seems to overide the (enhanced) size setting I choose.

Thanks anyway.

What I don't know is how others see the Tex I am posting but for me it is so small that is muddles up fractions for instance.

What do you see from your web browser? Make screen-shot and attach in reply.. Are you on mobile or the real computer?

I tried from Android mobile, and it also displays my above Latex correctly with various sizes..

What you need to do is: make Latex code, press Submit Reply. Then Edit. Then select entire line, and pick up from Size drop-down greater size. And press Save.

In Firefox you can press ctrl+ and ctrl- to zoom-in and zoom-out.

On 4.02.2018 at 6:22 PM, studiot said:

I find I have to press the page refresh button in the browser and wait and wait and wait for superfast MathJax to load.

What computer do you have? What Mbps Internet connection.. ?

On Core i7 it takes maybe 1 second for Latex to show up after refresh button in the browser.

Edited by Sensei

2 hours ago, Sensei said:

On Core i7 it takes maybe 1 second for Latex to show up after refresh button in the browser.

Isn't ultra modern computing a great step forwards?

I can select any size I want (although I shouldn't need to bother) in my Tex editor.

When I paste it into the useless new SF editor, those instructions are stripped out.

So whatever size I order I get the same sized squashed pizza on my plate (sorry symbols on my screen).

But thanks very much for trying, it is not your fault.

13 minutes ago, studiot said:

I can select any size I want (although I shouldn't need to bother) in my Tex editor.

Ignore your Tex editor!

7 minutes ago, studiot said:

When I paste it into the useless new SF editor, those instructions are stripped out.

Because they're not understood by SFN text editor. Not a big surprise.

Simply use procedure that I gave..

"What you need to do is: make Latex code, press Submit Reply. Then Edit. Then select entire line (where is Latex code), and pick up (in SFN text editor) Size drop-down greater size. And press Save."..

Then refresh button in the browser.. and you will have big Latex equation, like I showed above.

5a7c3d9a47631_FontSize.png.c192a4edd2a55401edf16548221ba46b.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2018 at 4:57 AM, studiot said:

Isn't ultra modern computing a great step forwards?

So whatever size I order I get the same sized squashed pizza on my plate (sorry symbols on my screen).

[math]F(x) = \int_{0}^{\infty} f(x) dx[/math]

[math]\boxed{F(x) = \int_{0}^{\infty} f(x) dx}[/math]

My pizza is arriving squashed also, no tip for the delivery driver!

The boxed code appears to override whatever is causing it, but I do not want to box every equation, only my solutions.

Edited by Orion1
source code correction...

• 4 weeks later...

This working? $e^{i \pi} + 1 = 0$ [math]e^{i \pi} + 1 = 0[/math] [tex]e^{i \pi} + 1 = 0[/tex]

Aha.  [math]e^{i \pi} + 1 = 0[/math]

'math' 

Edited by wtf

• 2 weeks later...

[math]F(x) = \int_{0}^{\infty} f(x) dx[/math]

[math]\boxed{F(x) = \int_{0}^{\infty} f(x) dx} \tag{1}[/math]

[math]\text{Equation} (1) \tag{}[/math].

Edited by Orion1
testing source code...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...