Consciousness causes higher entropy compared to unconscious states in the human brain

thoughtfuhk

0*TUMUT2L_xmGF3Ntv.png

Anyway, the paper from the new article above says the more deep in sleep the mind, the lower the entropy.

The converse is true, the more awake the mind is, the higher the information content, the higher the amount of neuronal interactions, the higher the values of entropy.

The paper uses "Stirling Approximation" to compute some measure of entropy, "macrostate" [math]C[/math]:

[math]S = ( N \cdot ln(N/N − p) − p \cdot ln(p/N − p) ) \equiv lnC[/math] (Figure 1 Stirling approximation on human EEG data)

• Finally, beyond the scope of humans (as indicated by "[math]C[/math]") one may additionally garner of some measure of "[math]\{X\}[/math]" that may subsume higher degrees of entropy. (i.e. Artificial General Intelligence will likely have more brain power than humans, and hence a higher measure of "[math]\{X\}[/math]" compared to humans.)

• In the section 5 or the conclusion of the newish paper by Mateos et al, they also hope to describe the entropy maximization phenomenon in terms of "non-biological" entities (i.e. apparently Artificial General Intelligence), so perhaps my imagination above, about some additional measure of [math]\{X\}[/math] beyond human conscious state (where entropy in humans is denoted [math]C[/math]), is reasonable.
Edited by thoughtfuhk