If life were a video game...

mad_scientist

If God appeared before your eyes and told you that this world we are living in currently is actually a video game and that there is an afterlife that you automatically go to after you die with no conditions/requirements/strings attached but no Heaven or Hell, how would you change how you live your life today?

23 hours ago, mad_scientist said:

If God appeared before your eyes and told you that this world we are living in currently is actually a video game and that there is an afterlife that you automatically go to after you die with no conditions/requirements/strings attached but no Heaven or Hell, how would you change how you live your life today?

I would sleep in, and not do anything involving machinery. When the hallucinations stopped, I would go downstairs and throw out everything in the fridge.

What if i told, that each day you wake up, you're a slightly different version of the person you re though/supposed to have been the day before, and the person from the day before will never come back again ?

What if i told you, that when your body dies, you stop experiencing yourself as a human, however, your body would decompose and be reassimilated by the bio-mass, life would continue, possibly in your off spring, likely in your species, and certainly in other species, and, in the long run, the universe would continue to explore itself ??

And what if i told you, that how life evolves, and how the exploration of itself of the universe continue, is still dependent on how you affected the world when you were alive ???

I'd ask for more information.  Is this afterlife better or worse than my current predicament?  If it's worse, I'd postpone my arrival for as long as possible.  If it's better, I'd relax more in this life and not stress out about things too much, knowing there was a better place on the horizon.  But generally speaking, in either situation I would try to make the most of this world before moving on.