Trump's height/medical exam

Ten oz

8 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

This attitude makes the error of ignoring degree. 

Yes. It does. But it shows people that bigotry is universal, which was my point, and that so long as it has a universally positive affect it shouldn't be targeted. 

Edited by DanTrentfield

1 hour ago, DanTrentfield said:

Yes. It does. But it shows people that bigotry is universal, which was my point, and that so long as it has a universally positive affect it shouldn't be targeted. 

Apply that to gravity and black holes are unfairly discalculated against. 

15 hours ago, DanTrentfield said:

Look, I couldn't care less about it having origins in bigotry, I have no qualms about that unless it affects the way that it changes things. Why? Because everyone is a bigot and pretends they are not.

And it's blatantly obvious how Trump is attempting to change things. Fortunately, some efforts have run afoul of the Constitution and have been thwarted by the courts.

I am a bigot because I am intolerant of indoctrination. Intolerance is looked upon as a bad thing, it can be, but it can also be a good thing, for example the intolerance of incompetence in technical fields like Chemical Engineering. Are they who prevent the idiot from designing our roads bigoted? Yes. Why? Because they don't want people to be killed by faulty engineering. So long as that bigotry affects the outcome positively I will tolerate it. Why? Because I've learned that the world is not equal and have given up the dream of that. It is a damned shame, I would love to see every single person who has no food be fed, but the greed of every single human and the limited supply deny them. It is not that I wish to see slaves and the starving exploited for profit, it is that it is inevitable. Much as we try to help them they will be exploited by someone. 

That's not what people mean when they talk of bigotry.

Point to an example of the oppression of Trump's Nationalism from a non news source, I will examine that source's beliefs and stance and if they oppose him then it is most likely propaganda. Why? Because they are on a side that perpetuates lies and thus unless I myself verify that they are not lying with the greatest scrutiny their words cannot be trusted by me.

What would be the point of this?

On 19/01/2018 at 7:10 PM, DanTrentfield said:

Because he has to preserve the office of the president, if anybody can threaten the office and not receive response then the president and by consequence America is a joke.

That's pretty much the conclusion we are, sadly, arriving at on this side of the pond. At least our tousle haired crazy, aka Boris Johnson, Foreign Secretary, is amusing in his bumbling way and we don't let him anywhere near the button.

• 5 weeks later...

Turns out the same Physician whose integrity this thread calls into question has a cloudy history and was forced to withdraw his name from consideration for Sec. of the VA. 

Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson, President Trump's embattled nominee to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, has withdrawn from consideration for the post amid allegations he had fostered a hostile work environment and behaved improperly while serving as the top doctor leading the White House medical unit.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/26/605471807/dr-ronny-jackson-withdraws-as-va-nominee