Word riddle

DRU

this is my first post on the board so i dont know if this has been used before.

There are two animals (the term animal being used very loosely). if you change the second letter of the name of the first animal to the next letter in the alphabet (ex. change A to B), then you will get the name of the second animal.

do you guys need a hint?
Is the speed of light variable in each frame of reference?

Goat becomes gnat, but that's changing the second letter to the previous letter in the alphabet.

Give me time.

How funny. I typed that reply out while I had two more going. While making another reply I realized how silly I was being.

Then I forgot to edit it and posted it anyway. I was going to use a spoiler tag and everything.

I'm not multi-tasking too well today.

Oh, well, radiohead didn't catch it either, so I'm not the only loon in the bin.

Before Capt. Richard Burton attemped to discover the source of the Nile, which was the world's longest river?

Do you mean this to be a trick question or do you mean which river did Man think was the longest?

• 1 month later...
Is the speed of light variable in each frame of reference?

Goat becomes gnat' date=' but that's changing the second letter to the previous letter in the alphabet.

Give me time.[/quote']

I was thinking, "gnat" becomes "goat," changing the second letter of the first word into the next letter of the alphabet, thus fulfilling the requirements...

I was thinking, "gnat" becomes "goat," changing the second letter of the first word into the next[/u'] letter of the alphabet, thus fulfilling the requirements...
Yes, if you'd read further into the thread we all figured that out. Everyone stop pointing out how dense I was that day!

• 1 year later...