Where are all the Deep Impact doomsayers?

Pangloss

I hadn't heard anything about it until the thread on these forums. I'm sure something has to be well known before it can be called a cover-up.

The Millenium Bug one bordered on genuine, planes wouldn't have fallen from the sky but some buisnesses would certainly have been disrupted if they didn't take a couple of hours to prepare for it.

no-ones worried that the comet might return fire? Or get thrown off course and into the sun, which would then explode?

Pangaloss is right, the dooms-dayers are getting lazy.

Oh no, I spoke too soon!

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-russia-comet-case,1,2124097.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.