Risk factor associated with the risk to reward/punishment system.

Willshikabob

I need to run through this with you guys, as well as get suggestions, because I'm painting with a wide brush here. Okay, so, you know how there's all these "chances" around us all the time. As humans, we weigh these risks as we see fit, sometimes misreading and sometimes guessing correctly. Now, place them in a situation where they have the odds: they have a one in three chance to get cancer, or, they have a 1 in around 5 million chance of winning the lottery. Most people underestimate the odds, they believe: "hey, I won't get cancer, not me," whereas people buy lottery tickets because: "hey, there's always that chance," which brings me to my next topic: risk to reward/punishment system. People hate the idea of death, most people fear it, some accept it, and few relish it. Those who fear it believe they are above it, until it smacks them in the face. They unwillingly take the risk of living but there is a 100% chance of death. People try to remain ignorant because they don't like the thought of imminent doom. Give them the chance for riches, no matter the risk, will always tempt and usually attract even the most meek person. They want glory, honor, and most of all, happiness. The thought of death looms above that happiness, so people try to push it away. I don't know what I should do with this stuff in terms of making it science fair ready, but that's what you guys are here for, right? ;)

On 6-1-2018 at 10:56 PM, Willshikabob said:

I don't know what I should do with this stuff in terms of making it science fair ready, but that's what you guys are here for, right? ;)

You 're holding a science fair ??