Time and speed and how speed impacts time

Estranged

1 minute ago, Mordred said:

The aging is one aspect of it, aging can be considered another form of clock with similarities to radioactive decay. All particle processes that occur in a biological body is affected

Are processes in a biological body impacted the same as processes in a mechanical body?

A deep understanding of how GR works, as well as a deep understanding of how particle physics is involved. Its all interconnected.

For biological processes you can study the electromagnetic field. There is numerous everyday examples of signal delay due to field interactions (commonly referred to as signal propogation delay) its far more reaching than just electronic circuits.

Edited by Mordred

5 minutes ago, Estranged said:

When the biological body made the mechanical body, it seems implausible that the two could be impacted by the same processes.

describe a biological body under particle physics and a mechanical clock. There isn't much difference.

The only difference is ones living or what we define as living and the other isn't. They are both made up of atoms 

Edited by Mordred

1 minute ago, Mordred said:

describe a biological body under particle physics and a mechanical clock. There isn't much difference

Damn, I should've been a particle physicist...if only public schools weren't so bad maybe they would have identified me more easily.  

I do have a hard time understanding how the biological body, regarding it's acceptance of time especially, isn't much different from a mechanical clock with gears and arms and such. 

All change of state involves a rate of change that we describe as time. The rates of change can vary due to conditions ie under relativity. There is no absolute set rate of change. Time varies between reference frames but will always function normally within a given IR frame.

2 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Nope, time is personal and is measured by time, space and everything...

But it always gets older.

Obviously. But you knew that was an "egging on" question, right? Time is personal, not mechanical. Agreed. The mechanism of time is an invention, not a given part of the universe. Time was never given to us, we created it.

10 minutes ago, Estranged said:

Damn, I should've been a particle physicist...if only public schools weren't so bad maybe they would have identified me more easily.  

I do have a hard time understanding how the biological body, regarding it's acceptance of time especially, isn't much different from a mechanical clock with gears and arms and such. 

You don't need to spend years to understand the basics behind how mass arises via a coupling constant.

Keep this always in mind.

Mass is resistance to inertia change. The coupling constants of feild interactions affect the mass term which affects the velocity of said particle/object. The speed limit is also the limit of all interactions and information exchange.

Now take a rigid rod for example 1 light year in length.

From the above if you move the rod on one end on Earth it will take a minimal of 1 light year for the interparticle interactions to transfer this movement information to the opposite end. The rod is made up of atoms. No perfect rigid rod exists

Edited by Mordred

5 minutes ago, Estranged said:

Obviously. But you knew that was an "egging on" question, right? Time is personal, not mechanical. Agreed. The mechanism of time is an invention, not a given part of the universe. Time was never given to us, we created it.

No. Things happen i.e. time progresses, whether we know it or not.

1 minute ago, Estranged said:

Mordred can explain why, whilst I can only point the way...

Well part of the puzzle is how mass is affected by both potential kinetic energy. If you increase the energy total of each atom. Then it follows that each atom has greater energy to resist change. This then goes further as it also applies to how each atom affects the next atom.

Most of your responses are really confusing me. I'm just curious if anyone else could think of time measured by age vs a clock rate could be different?

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

Really???????

If I seem ridiculous, I'm sorry. I don't mean to.