What are these microscope accessories?

lilyfrog144

I just got a microscope for Christmas. Yay! Along with a bunch of other accessories. However, there are a few as pictured above that I am rendered clueless as to their purpose/and or names. I think the lucid one with the pump is a pipette and the needle with the white grip is a stabbing/holding needle. The other two I have not a clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

XOXO Sophia

Edited by lilyfrog144

The pipette has already been mentioned, and to the right is a needle probe. I doubt it is an immersion oil as that  is only required for immersion objectives (not for the specimen as such) and I suspect (based on the material of the accessories) that the microscope does not have that. Also it looks rather viscuous and does not appear to be optically clear. My guess is that it is some resin that is actually used on the specimen (i.e. do not put in on the objective unless you are really sure that it is, in fact, immersion oil).

6 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

I wonder if the dropper bottle contains Canada balsam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_balsam

A material that I have seen in every "microscope kit" I have ever seen, and nowhere else.

That would be my guess. Or a similar resin. Sometimes there are cheaper versions out there whose refractive index is less than optimal.