What if Aliens were Earthlings?

psi20

Most of the aliens that have been reported have been humanoid. I don't believe that in all the vast universe it would be likely that aliens from the far reaches who also look like us would come to Earth. I would think that there would a lot more difference. Look at the lifeforms on Earth, and you'd think some of them aren't from here.

So my guess is that, if we are being visited or if there are aliens on Earth, the aliens were once from Earth. I think there'd be a lot of resemblence between the DNA. I've heard of alien-human hybrids, and in biology I learned that's only possible if DNA is similar.

We know there were, and possibly are still, many hominids. Just recently, archaeologists found homo Floresiensis, hopefully I spelled that right. It was on the science forums news. Not too long ago, people thought that there could only be one group of humans at a time, that there were only one group of hominids which continuously evolved. The idea now is that many species existed at the same time. Is it possible that the human-like aliens are, like us, descendents of one of those hominids?

It's whacky, but hey, this is the pseudoscience forum.

Heres the Wiki of the Homo Floresiensis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

You know, I wouldn't doubt that could could be a possibility. But, a more probable possibilty is that of simple evolution. Many groups of hominids were created from one group. Let's say we have a girl who has a dominant tall gene and recessive short gene who mates with a guy with a dominant short gene. Their kid would most likelt be short and carry a dominant short gene. That kid mate with another with a recessive or dominant short gene, and it goes on and on until a "new" hominid is created.

• 1 month later...

Biologists have long since pondered over this very question. If there is life out there, what would it look like? They came to the conclusion that closely grouped sensory organs on the highest point of the body (very much for the same reason radio and walkie talkie reception gets better the higher in a building you go) near the brain was probably the best design for intelligent beings. Of course there may be variations in the placement of the sensory organs on the face, and the question of hair, but there is still a similarity. Also, two strong legs are essential for movement, and, unless our hypothetical beings have discovered telekinesis, some protruding extremeties are key in order to manipulate their environment. Tree-branch type limbs are a good idea because they end with small parts providing great dexterity. Of course there would be variations in the numbers as well.

Didn't anyone watch Star Trek? huminoid seeds were planted on MANY planets by a species that is now extinct so that the "new life" wouldn't be alone in the universe like they were... which is why all life in the universe looks close to the same.

Or maybe it's what happened in Stargate, and an "ancient" race "accended" and left the seeds for humans, and all life in the galexy is humans, but they've evolved to their environments and are slightly different from us.

I'm joking by the way.

i seem to remember stargate sucking
Meh, to each his own opinon. I myself like it, except for the idea of so many humans spread across at least two, maybe three galaxies, with very few truly alien races.

Oh yeah, last night I remembered another two stargate races that were totally non-human... a liquid species in which an ocean was composed of countless tiny sapient organisms, and a misty world in which the mist was similarly composed of countless tiny spaient organisms. Wow, you notice that originality???