Mac OS X emulator for Windows 10

fiveworlds

I'm a bit further than I was before. I finally got it booting today following this tutorial http://hintdesk.com/how-to-install-mac-os-x-sierra-10-12-on-virtualbox/ but it is really unstable. I'm trying to build an ios cordova app which requires me to use mac and nodejs but basically every nodejs command is running and then crashing virtualbox. 

KgW6C9i.jpg

What CPU do you have? What CPU is on VirtualBox?

If code is compiled to f.e. SSE4, but you have CPU with e.g. SSE3, and CPU code is just run, instead of being emulated instruction-by-instruction, it will result in crash..

Use Windows dxdiag to check what CPU is installed physically, and use MacOS X equivalent for the same, compare whether VirtualBox is not detected wrong CPU..

If you will use code which is not checking whether CPU has some feature from more modern CPUs, it'll cause instant crash (e.g. trying to run SSE2 code on Pentium 1 will cause instant crash).

Additionally, typical thing to check is disabling multi-tasking/multi-threading, just to see whether it helps.

Set emulator to use just one CPU core and in Task/Process Manager on Windows (probably 99% of programmers don't know how to do it: you have to open Task Manager, LMB click on process, RMB to open context-menu, pick up "Set Affinity..." and disable the all except one core).

Edited by Sensei

compare whether VirtualBox is not detected wrong CPU..

Switching to PIIX3 chipset from the emulator seems to have stops the Mac VM from crashing every time I run node or npm. What I have done so far is far more complicated than some of the articles I was reading. So far I had to 

1. Set Intel Virtualisation and VT-d in bios to enabled
  2. Disable Hyper-V from add or remove programs (There should be a better way of doing this bit because it stops me from using the windows phone emulator without it being re-enabled.
  3. Found a bunch of non-working Virtualbox versions and am currently running version 5.1.30
  4. Had to keep the Virtualbox installer and repair installation to get 64-bit option to appear
  5. Then follow the rest of the steps from the article.

• 9 months later...

If that includes an installation of Mac OS, you may be violating copyright by distributing it.

Well I am not the distributor, it was uploaded by https://techsviewer.com If Apple wants to distribute a paid VM then I am happy to pay for it provided I isn't ridiculously expensive (I would pay $10 maximum). I am not going to carry two laptops around all the time and often have to use windows, mac, and Linux so VMs are the best option for me. I also like changing parts in my laptop and apple hate people doing that so I dunno am I willing to buy a mac computer when I can't mess with it but if they want to sell me a vm then I am happy to pay for it.

Edited by fiveworlds