Fantasy beasts and where to find them.

Itoero

In the last few years we've quietly disproved most of these things. Almost everyone in the western world and many people in the world in general now all carry acceptable quality cameras with them all the time. 

Yet good photos just hasn't appeared. 

Perhaps these responses are a bit harsh and some humility is in order.

I have been frankly amazed (along with many others) at the fantastic creatures shown on Blue Planet II by David Attenborough.

Remember more people have walked on the Moon than the very bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

3 hours ago, Itoero said:

This don't really concern religious beliefs, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong subforum.

Are there people that believe in the existence of 'fantasy beasts' like Yeti, Bigfoot, Sasquatch,  monster of Loch Ness....? Why? Reason?

Many people seem to have a need for mystery, spookiness, and paranormal concepts in their life, that according to them, science is unable to explain. I belong to another forum that is fast losing respect as a science forum simply because it is dominated by weirdos who honestly believe in ghosts, goblins, Bigfoot and even some nonsense re a nuclear war having been conducted on Mars by Alien beings! I kid you not! https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/745738/Life-on-Mars-wiped-out-nuclear-war-Dr-John-Brandenburg These types of people will always prefer the "u tube" video on the net as proof that mainstream science and "powers that be" are conspiring against the general populace. Popular TV series such as "The X-Files"  and "Millenium" certainly have a lot to answer for, and the poor gullible and impressionable Idiots that they have gathered along the way. Yes sadly there are real people who still believe in this sort of nonsense. 

Edited by beecee

9 minutes ago, beecee said:

Many people seem to have a need for mystery, spookiness, and paranormal concepts in their life, that according to them, science is unable to explain. I belong to another forum that is fast losing respect as a science forum simply because it is dominated by weirdos who honestly believe in ghosts, goblins, Bigfoot and even some nonsense re a nuclear war having been conducted on Mars by Alien beings! I kid you not! https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/745738/Life-on-Mars-wiped-out-nuclear-war-Dr-John-Brandenburg These types of people will always prefer the "u tube" video on the net as proof that mainstream science and "powers that be" are conspiring against the general populace. Popular TV series such as "The X-Files"  and "Millenium" certainly have a lot to answer for, and the poor gullible and impressionable Idiots that they have gathered along the way. Yes sadly there are real people who still believe in this sort of nonsense. 

Everyone knows they only hold nuclear wars on mars in the odd years... 

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

Well sure, Deepfoot is real, we know that. You'd be  shy and elusive too if you were under such incredible pressure.

The thing is they don't have to be big and scary.

I have been trying to teach leprechaun who does my washing up to write my posts for Scienceforums.

:)

In Canada I noted that many indians believe in bigfoot. I also met a guy that was in prison for a long time I think and he had very 'strong' opinions concerning Jews and gay people...he also believed in Bigfoot. I remember I was on a hike with him, we heard noise in the forest next to us and this was what he said:

"Bears don't make noise like that,.................................it might be a Bigfoot'"