Powerful Men, Beautiful Women, and Sex

Gees

5 hours ago, YaDinghus said:

Ok here my 2 cents:

There will always be powerful men, and beautiful women attracted to their power. There's nothing wrong with that as long as the women in question are really into it (the men obviously are). What I deem important is that women have the same opportunities as men.

While it is conceivable, and possible, it probably most certainly does happen that women claim to having been raped when nothing happened. It should be as much of a concern as people casting illegal votes for the US presidency. If you didn't know: It hardly ever happens, despite all the fuss. If you're the victim of a fake rape accusation, chances are that you've done plenty of other despicable things that you weren't accused of. I'm not proposing that we convict anyone for crimes they didn't commit to pay for crimes they may have committed, just saying that they probably had it coming.

I've heard stories of men who didn't like the attention they got from some women. I guess, since I am married and faithful to my spouse, I would feel harrassed if a woman followed me to my home or grabbed sensitive parts of my body after I told her it wasn't going to work out (I wouldn't have said that if I weren't in a stabile relationship). But while I don't know any men who've gotten this kind of unwanted attention personally, I know many women who have from men. 

I don't know what is worse, the person who falsely accuses another of rape, or the person who feels no empathy or sense of justice for the victim falsely accused.

I sure hope to never see you on a jury.

1 minute ago, zapatos said:

I sure hope to never see you on a jury

If I were on a jury, I'd hold myself to a higher standard than I am, now. As I've stated, I am in no way for convincting anyone without evidence, but unless the accuser in a rape case is utterly discredited, I will be very wary of the person who was accused

2 minutes ago, YaDinghus said:

If I were on a jury, I'd hold myself to a higher standard than I am, now. As I've stated, I am in no way for convincting anyone without evidence, but unless the accuser in a rape case is utterly discredited, I will be very wary of the person who was accused

This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. [7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

11 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. [7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

I'm quite familiar with scripture, thank you. I used to be quite the bible boy. 

But I don't believe that anymore. Bad judgement is not automatically worse than no judgement. If you like, we can open a new thread on this, because this is going WAY off topic

Edited by YaDinghus

7 minutes ago, YaDinghus said:

I'm quite familiar with scripture, thank you. I used to be quite the bible boy. 

But I don't believe that anymore. Bad judgement is not automatically worse than no judgement. If you like, we can open a new thread on this, because this is going WAY off topic

You're missing the point, have you ever been rich and powerful? I know I haven't, so how can you be sure you wouldn't act in exactly the same way?

Edited by dimreepr

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

You're missing the point, have you ever been rich and powerful? I know I haven't, so how can you be sure you wouldn't act in exactly the same way?

I have power over people on a daily basis. I do not abuse this power. Also, you don't have to be rich and powerful in order to be depraved. 

12 hours ago, YaDinghus said:

I have power over people on a daily basis. I do not abuse this power. Also, you don't have to be rich and powerful in order to be depraved. 

Well then, here's your stoned, please aim carefully. 

15 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Well then, here's your stoned, please aim carefully

Thanks, though I'll hold on to it for defensive purpouses only. I don't want to kill or hurt anyone, I just don't want them getting close to my family