Trump to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

StringJunky

2 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

10 thousand screaming Arabs armed with wire cutters and rocks, those poor soldiers, has Isreal stopped giving them bulletproof body armor and guns and tear gas and etc...  

And what do you propose they do?

Just let them go through?

2 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

And that plain fact is, Israel has absolute control over these Palestinians/people, whatever the borders and they use that control to oppress them to the point where charging a tank with nothing but a rock is better than life, as it is, and then using that desperation as an excuse for backdoor genocide; the abused becomes the abuser. 

No, they don't.

The protestors do not live in Israel.

What is Israel doing to them that charging a tank with a rock is better than life?

Moving an embassy to Jerusalem?

Do you realize how insane that sounds?

"Israel moved their Embassy to Jerusalem. It's all over. I hate my life. Let's go charge a tank with a rock. THEY DID THIS TO ME!!!"

2 hours ago, DrP said:

Come on! I know it is a horrible state of affairs, but what do you do when 10K angry arabs are marching at you demanding your death and that your heart be ripped out?

Common sense disappears when it comes to Israel. 

Edited by Raider5678

1 minute ago, Raider5678 said:

And what do you propose they do?

Sorry for the language but I propose they stop being such c%!*s.

3 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Just let them go through?

Sheilds seldom kill people.

6 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

whatever the borders and they use that control to oppress them

How?

Tell me how?

You made the claim. Back it up and present it with evidence.

Here's mine:

1 hour ago, Raider5678 said:

Let's look at all the times they were offered their own state and land. Even Jerusalem. 

• In 1937, the Peel Commission proposed the partition of Palestine and the creation of an Arab state.
  • In 1939, the British White Paper proposed the creation of a unitary Arab state.
  • In 1947, the UN would have created an even larger Arab state as part of its partition plan.
  • The 1979 Egypt-Israel peace negotiations offered the Palestinians autonomy, which would almost certainly have led to full independence.
  • The Oslo agreements of the 1990s laid out a path for Palestinian independence, but the process was derailed by terrorism.
  • In 2000, Prime Minister Ehud Barak offered to create a Palestinian state in all of Gaza and 97 percent of the West Bank.
  • In 2008, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert offered to withdraw from almost the entire West Bank and partition Jerusalem on a demographic basis.
  • In addition from 1948 to 1967, Israel did not control the West Bank. The Palestinians could have demanded an independent state from the Jordanians. On the contrary whilst Jordan was in control Arafat said there was no longer a claim as it was no longer part of Palestine. Once it was back in Israeli hands it miraculously became disputed land again! This is one of many reasons Jews and Israelis are cynical.

Just now, Raider5678 said:

Common sense disappears when it comes to Israel. 

From both side - yes.  :-(     I am sure there must be a better way of dealing with the Palestinian rioters other than shooting them. :-( 

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

Sorry for the language but I propose they stop being such c%!*s.

It's fine.

However, that's not an answer.

Sheilds seldom kill people.

Alright. You hold the shield while there are 10k Arabs screaming for your death, throwing rocks at you, carrying explosives, and trying to stab you with knives.

Or. Just use the fence like they're doing.

3 minutes ago, DrP said:

I am sure there must be a better way of dealing with the Palestinian rioters other than shooting them.

I can't see another way though.

Israel could just put a minefield right behind the fence and let the Palestinians decide if they want to go in, but then the whole world would decry how evil Israel is for forcing them to walk into a minefield and committing genocide.

Are you fucking serious?

Yes.

Cursing, telling them to not be cocks and saying its genocide is not answering any of my questions.

The Palestinians have turned down one proposal after another that offered them literally all the land they're disputing over(I.E. the west bank, the Gaza strip, and East Jerusalem)

How is Israel supposed to give them what they want if they won't take what they want when they try to give it to them?

Edited by Raider5678

Just now, Raider5678 said:

I can't see another way though.

Israel could just put a minefield right behind the fence and let the Palestinians decide if they want to go in, but then the whole world would decry how evil Israel is for forcing them to walk into a minefield and committing genocide.

You mean suicide, not genocide......   hmmm -  could you think of less humane way of doing it?  Mines in civilian areas are totally unacceptable. (actually - being pedantic - I CAN think of less humane ways...  but that is irrelevant).

You can't go mining anywhere these days. Too many atrocities. I won't be surprised if Dim just doesn't bother to reply to your suggestion. lol.

3 minutes ago, DrP said:

I am sure there must be a better way of dealing with the Palestinian rioters other than shooting them. :-( 

Yup, given the history it is understandable to be cautious about the potential of suicide bombers and what not but shooting people in the name of better to be safe than sorry doesn't cut. Violence begets violence. End of the day the whole world knew the moment this was announced that it would lead protests, marches, riots, and etc. It caught no one by surprise  that Palestinians are upset. Israel should have had several pans in place which didn't involve shooting and tear gassing people.  

1 minute ago, Raider5678 said:

Yes.

Cursing, telling them to not be just cocks (that's not the word I used), saying it's genocide is not answering any of my questions.

What's the point? You and most of the rest of the world (well those who matter) have already decided the innocence of a nation that uses excuses to kill people; they have reasons as well but those are far less innocent.

10 minutes ago, Ten oz said:

Yup, given the history it is understandable to be cautious about the potential of suicide bombers and what not

Yes. Hamas is a terrorist organization that has sworn to exterminate the Jews. 

And you can't say "well, that's just a terrorist organization. Not the Palestinians" Because Hamas created a political party. Openly associated with the terrorist organization.

And guess what. They won 76 out of 132(57%) of their parliamentary seats. Which means the Palestinians by far have voted for violence rather than democracy. Because remember: This is a party that openly advocates the extermination of every Jew in Israel.

So assuming 57% of the Arabs protesting voted for that party, I'd be pretty cautious as well.

5 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

What's the point?

Huh. Sorry. That word isn't commonly used in the USA. Sorry for misquoting you.

Anyways. The point is, if you can't give me a single other alternative, then you can't criticise how Israel is handling the situation.

5 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

You and most of the rest of the world (well those who matter) have already decided the innocence of a nation that uses excuses to kill people

We've decided on the innocence of a nation that kills the people who say "If we get into your country, we'll kill every single one of you." when they're trying to break down the fence and get into the country.

10 minutes ago, DrP said:

You mean suicide, not genocide......   hmmm -  could you think of less humane way of doing it?

I honestly can't.

They spent weeks using tear gas and rubber bullets to keep them at bay. And they also discovered tunnels under the fence from people trying to dig under the soldiers' positions and kill them.

Edited by Raider5678

14 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

uses excuses to kill people;

Yes. Three of the people who were killed were setting up explosives on the fence BTW and laying down mines.

But sure. It's just an excuse to shoot them.

3 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Yet it's so often applicable, these days; sometimes irony just stinks. 

Yes.

Those little cunts. Shooting people who were just innocently laying down explosives.:rolleyes:

I'm sure they weren't going to do anything with them.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/clashes-erupt-along-gaza-israel-border-ahead-of-us-embassy-inauguration/

"The army said three of those killed were trying to plant explosives at the border fence. In three separate incidents, Palestinian gunmen opened fire at Israeli troops, according to the IDF."

But sure. It's just genocide and excuses right?

You're insane if you believe that.

Edited by Raider5678

3 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Yes. Three of the people who were killed were setting up explosives on the fence BTW and laying down mines.

But sure. It's just an excuse to shoot them.

I wonder who told you that.

Just now, dimreepr said:

I wonder who told you that.

Are you saying it isn't true? I would not be surprized. Both sides are totally fucking crazy.  :-( 

I'm out...  sorry for butting in.  Good day chaps.

I don't know, but then I'm not looking for an excuse to kill 20 times that number. 

Yes.

Because when there are 500 people standing around 3 guys planting explosives, if they would have went off only 50 people would have been killed.

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I don't know, but then I'm not looking for an excuse to kill 20 times that number. 

You seem to believe that Israel had hundreds of other options, and you have yet to provide me with 1.

9 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

Yes.

Because when there are 500 people standing around 3 guys planting explosives, if they would have went off only 50 people would have been killed.

For the sake of my 'new' irony meter and general peace of mind (to think I once said "you're better than this"), you're (the first) on my ignore list.

Edited by dimreepr

Just now, dimreepr said:

For the sake of my 'new' irony meter and general peace of mind (to think I once said "you're better than this"), you're (the first) on my ignore list.

Being fair - answer the kid's question......   what options did they have really? Apart from rubber bullets and water cannons, what do you propose they do when 10 thousand people come marching at them? They knew that Hamas had called for blood in the streets of Israel and for the hearts of Israelis to be ripped out   -  How are they supposed to respond?  I don't like it either - I think they are too heavy handed, but, they get the kind of results that end with minimum loss of Israeli life whilst sending the message that they won't be attacked without extreme retaliation.

I still think that bulldozing mecca and the holy of holies is the answer   -  take that BS away from both sides  -  when that place is no more it kinda proves both of their books as works of fiction as they promise the area to both. It says their gods can't be defeated.  Destroy that BS place and we are on the road to proving that their prophecies are BS.

As I said - I'm pulling out of this if I can. I'll let you have the last word if you want it. I think it is Zumba or something like that. ;-) ....  no - I looked it up - it is zythum!    

19 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

You've yet to answer my questions.

But, I guess ignoring me is a great way to say you won't ever answer them.

It kind of saddens me that you're more than willing to place yourself into an echo chamber.

Edited by Raider5678

54 minutes ago, DrP said:

Are you saying it isn't true? I would not be surprized. Both sides are totally fucking crazy.  :-( 

I'm out...  sorry for butting in.  Good day chaps.

It's all our fault for thinking that petrol and matches can be kept together without incident in 1947.

Just now, StringJunky said:

It's all our fault for thinking that petrol and matches can be kept together without incident in 1947.

Hindsight is a marvellous thing.  :-( 

22 minutes ago, CharonY said:

I don't the term means what you think it means.

Essentially, he doesn't want to listen to opposing sides.

So by ignoring them, he can listen to people who only agree with him.

Reaffirming his viewpoints.

Edited by Raider5678