Koni

Tautomerism and (Alien) Triple DNA Bases alternatives

My Triple DNA Bases model based on modified pyrene(C16H10) molecules has a issue with "Tautomerism" !!! (First Image)

So, I had to include the Tautomerism into my design !!! (Second Image)

Triple Helix DNA Bases_2.PNG

Triple Helix DNA Bases_3.PNG

IF someone can see any mistake on my Theoretical design of the 2 molecules of the "TRIPLE DNA Bases" of a Hypothetical (Alien) "TRIPLE Helix DNA" please make a comment to Help me to correct and improve it !!!... or simple write me your thoughts about it !!!...

(THANK YOU for any post!!!...)

The damage of "tautomerism" in the 2 TRIPLES DNA bases of my first Design was:

1. The one TRIPLET can be converted to the other TRIPLET, and vice versa, so instead of two TRIPLETS I was been left with only one TRIPLET !!! ...

2. And from this one TRIPLET the one Base was complementary to itself and creates with two other identical two Bases – from alone – a triplet !!! ...

3. THEREFORE IT DOES NOT APPLY ANY MORE that the 3 Bases are connected to each other in one and only one way and so the TRIPLET can NOT be used for a TRIPLE Helix DNA !!! ...

I have only forget to write that I had made thoughts about the existens of a molecule that could make the job of DNA...

( The IDEA of triplet bases came to me as I looked on my chessboard with the Hexagons - for 3 players...)

A DNA like molecule has to have weak Hydrogen Bonds!!!...

So... the simplest way is only a DOUBLE Helix DNA!!!

Theoretical it is possible to exist an Alien TRIPLE Helix DNA...

The only advandage of the TRIPLE Bases are the 3 Hydrogen Bonds:

8 + 13 + 13 = 34 kJ/mol    and    34 + 68 = 102 kJ/mol the triplet...

That means that Organisms with a TRIPLE Helix like it HOT !!!...:)

I know that my "TRIPLE Helix DNA" sounds more like "molecular science fiction"

but if we could make it with "Chemical Synthetic Biology" we could learn something about it...

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:11 AM, Koni said:

The damage of "tautomerism" in the 2 TRIPLES DNA bases of my first Design was:

1. The one TRIPLET can be converted to the other TRIPLET, and vice versa, so instead of two TRIPLETS I was been left with only one TRIPLET !!! ...

2. And from this one TRIPLET the one Base was complementary to itself and creates with two other identical two Bases – from alone – a triplet !!! ...

3. THEREFORE IT DOES NOT APPLY ANY MORE that the 3 Bases are connected to each other in one and only one way and so the TRIPLET can NOT be used for a TRIPLE Helix DNA !!! ...

Triple Helix DNA Bases_1.PNG

Wow.  Way, way, above my comprehensive ability and thank you. ( I think.)  Considering the size of our own Galaxy alone the odds and potential for alien life is profound.  Like said in some silly movie, "Mother Nature Will Find A Way".

Is it possible extra terrestrial life will use even more complicated or different DNA arrangements?  Would it take some Super Computer time to even explore the endless DNA, (or substitute)  possibilities?  Thank you for sharing this.