Zombie Dogs

Mokele

They mention that this could be used on the battlefield and stabbings that type of thing but what exactly is the procedure. Is it a delicate experiment requiring several factors that cannot be aquired on a battlefield such as advanced and costly medical equipment? Is it a lenghtly procedure?

The article does not reveal much detail. Are there other links?

I'm also wondering if that picture is related to the experiment at all???

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

Hmmm...to achieve suspended animation in humans is now considered an easier option than avoiding wars, stabbings and GS wounds. How depressing is that?

The practice of suspending humans at low temperatures to enable lengthy surgical procedures is already a proven success. It's been around since at least the early 1960s.

The point of doing it for three hours has to be to prove that the solution they pump in works. I wouldn't know what all the advantages would be to being able to replace the blood while keeping them cold, but this would be the forerunner to a solution that could be used to preserve the bodies long term.

I wonder who will volunteer to be the 1st human to have this done to them, I wonder how much they will remember and what it feels like (e.g. how much cold until everything cuts out).

I wouldn't know what all the advantages would be to being able to replace the blood while keeping them cold, but this would be the forerunner to a solution that could be used to preserve the bodies long term.

I believe the main advantage to pumping the blood out is to prevent cell damage during the freezing and thawing processes (throughout the entire body, not just the blood itself) by cooling from the inside out, or something like that. I remember reading something about that, but who knows.

Anyway, there's also significant research into using H2S gas at room temperature for suspended animation / induced hibernation. They have already succeeded in inducing hibernation in mice with this technique.

• 2 weeks later...

"But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss."

Well if someone is shot in the head, it's pretty much over for them. What I'm trying to say is, for those who aren't shot in the head (the majority of the casualty victims), it would take only a couple of hours to revive the soldiers, and while the others are out there, inevitably about to get shot, the revived soldiers could go and replace them and so on. A never-ending cycle, which could mean a never-ending battle..

• 2 weeks later...

Cornelius, it's called a nuke, we've used them to stop wars, or else we could use chlorine gas, a nerve agent, or something that takes effect really really quick screwing up interal body parts. Remember, the body parts weren't effected by the cold too much in this article?

---Keep reading if you want to read hypothetical idealistic crap in my post---

Anyways, I see this as a brink for something called immortality. I've taken interest into cybernetic organisms along with brain-computer interface technology. Now that I have seen this article, my awareness in Cryogenic technology has increased. It seems that this will be a practicle thing for usage in keeping a few more years of life onto the body.

I'm thinking with cryogenic technology, enhanced brain features in the hippocampus, and cybernetic parts, we could bust out a super-human that would pretty much be awesome but more than anything, dangerous.

I would volunteer.

I wonder who will volunteer to be the 1st human to have this done to them, I wonder how much they will remember and what it feels like (e.g. how much cold until everything cuts out)[/i'].

Only an idiot would volunteer. They should wait until someone is actually killed in an accident or a murder, to try it.

Cornelius, it's called a nuke, we've used them to stop wars, or else we could use chlorine gas, a nerve agent, or something that takes effect really really quick screwing up interal body parts. Remember, the body parts weren't effected by the cold too much in this article?

rofl and a nuke doesn't really really quickly screw up internal body parts how?