God and science

DaniWhite

On 02/01/2018 at 8:33 AM, Strange said:

Tried that. It brought up random collection of results related to politics, sport, literature, etc. Nothing obviously relevant to this thread. 

So ... what are you talking about?

Try youtube. Its the name of my youtube channel.

• 3 weeks later...

This world is way too cruel and painful for many people for there to be a caring God.

Many people are going through serious hardships in life and God does nothing to help them with their troubles and hardships.

The existence of Satan makes more sense to me than the existence of all-good God who actually gives a shit about anyone.

While I'm not saying that religion is evil I think that humanity will be better off in the future without religion and its delusions.

Edited by seriously disabled

42 minutes ago, seriously disabled said:

This world is way too cruel and painful for many people for there to be a caring God.

Many people are going through serious hardships in life and God does nothing to help them with their troubles and hardships.

Actually people would have twice as many hardships as they have now. God is caring but can only do so much.

10 hours ago, zapatos said:

Actually people would have twice as many hardships as they have now. God is caring but can only do so much.

You're delusional here.

God is not the action of people, it's something else entirely, completely separate from humans and their actions.

Just because some people have a narcissistic God-complex and think that they are Gods doesn't make the existence of God anymore real.

Edited by seriously disabled

On 11/10/2017 at 9:42 AM, DaniWhite said:

2.)   If you say, yes there is a god or a creator, is this easier or harder to explain? I mean god needs to create itself out of nothing. Is it easier for matter to be created out of nothing, or god to create itself out of nothing?

Stupid question I am not religious BUT please can someone define what religious folk think god is or does on this thread 

An easy explanation of weird shit happening to a flat lander would the concept of god did it. 

A mathematician might explain weird shit with a probability function.

A being that experiences another dimension might think weird shit is explainable to flat landers only if they could understand extra dimensions. 

At the end of the day ALL things are just automatons responding to external inputs(teslaish), from inputs experienced in flatland or inputs from multiple spacial dimensions.  

A very clever person on this forum stated all things are quantum fluctuations or excitations. I am getting into string theory now and would reduce this even further all things are vibrations. 

My personnel opinion is religion is nothing about the concept of god and more about control of people. Science is more about trying to understand the mind of god which we may all be a part off anyway, depending on of course if you have a definition of gods. 

On 1/29/2018 at 7:20 PM, interested said:

Stupid question I am not religious BUT please can someone define what religious folk think god is or does on this thread 

An easy explanation of weird shit happening to a flat lander would the concept of god did it. 

A mathematician might explain weird shit with a probability function.

A being that experiences another dimension might think weird shit is explainable to flat landers only if they could understand extra dimensions. 

At the end of the day ALL things are just automatons responding to external inputs(teslaish), from inputs experienced in flatland or inputs from multiple spacial dimensions.  

A very clever person on this forum stated all things are quantum fluctuations or excitations. I am getting into string theory now and would reduce this even further all things are vibrations. 

My personnel opinion is religion is nothing about the concept of god and more about control of people. Science is more about trying to understand the mind of god which we may all be a part off anyway, depending on of course if you have a definition of gods. 

God I write some S**t, but then so it seems does everyone else. On this thread people claim to believe in god others not, but no one is prepared to define god thing they do or do not believe in. You are all talking S**t just like me.

Edited by interested

18 minutes ago, interested said:

God I write some S**t, but then so it seems does everyone else. On this thread people claim to believe in god others not, but no one is prepared to define god thing they do or do not believe in. You are all talking S**t just like me.

I think it is only the people who believe in a god or gods to define what those things are. 

It's not like people who don't believe in a god have some specific god in mind. ("I don't believe in Zeus, but I am willing to keep an open mind about Thor, Amaterasu and the god of the Old Testament (except Genesis)")

Edited by Strange

15 hours ago, Strange said:

I think it is only the people who believe in a god or gods to define what those things are. 

It's not like people who don't believe in a god have some specific god in mind. ("I don't believe in Zeus, but I am willing to keep an open mind about Thor, Amaterasu and the god of the Old Testament (except Genesis)")

Ah So! you have an open mind about a god concept but dont believe god created the universe, or any of the egyptian/greek gods etc existed and you do believe in something you think might be god. Can you define what you believe your version of god maybe in your open minded way? Do you perhaps think god is an separate entity from you, or a part of you or etc etc etc.?

Do you hear voices?

45 minutes ago, interested said:

Ah So! you have an open mind about a god concept but dont believe god created the universe, or any of the egyptian/greek gods etc existed and you do believe in something you think might be god. Can you define what you believe your version of god maybe in your open minded way? Do you perhaps think god is an separate entity from you, or a part of you or etc etc etc.?

Do you hear voices?

!

Moderator Note

These are not the questions asked in the OP, therefore they are off-topic. 

46 minutes ago, interested said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. (So just as well we can't discuss it.)

On 2/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, Strange said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. (So just as well we can't discuss it.)

As I pointed out earlier it seems no one can define what they do or do not believe in in terms of god.  Your clear none belief in the god Zeus is the only thing clear in your reply.

Egyptian gods were represented as solar discs, in Greece the gods like Zeus came down from the sky, If a Alien came down from the sky in a UFO and said I am Zeus the 111th would you worship it as god? 

Do you for instance believe in a god. If so please define your god?

Do you have a spiritual side to your existence if so please define what you mean spiritual?

It is clear from your statement above you do not believe in Zeus, does this include UFO's, and ghosts etc.

Would you agree it is common in history for some people/religions to deify a stone the  moon, sun or stars and ideas.

You wrote earlier you did not believe in the old testament I guess this includes the creation story. Since light travels faster than sound and no one can hear you scream in space, it is plausible that in the beginning there was light, not a big bang as claimed by science :) 

Amusingly chuckle chuckle more neg rep marks coming up :)

Could the old testament be correct on the claim in the beginning there was light.

If god created that light, what was god? If only space existed, could god be space in terms of the old testament.

Going further what is space, as we know from ligo it can expand and contract, it is full of little quantum fluctuations and or excitations firing away like a neural network, it transmits all forces. Could space be the mind of god :) Rather than using the term quantum fluctuations and or excitations should we be using the term strings from string theory which has more than 3 spacial dimensions including time dimensions.

If you believe space consists of only 3 dimensions and time and is otherwise empty, would you state we are better of worshipping football teams and rock stars?

As for your disbelief in genesis I dont believe in the exodus, it is approx 600km from egypt to israel over land, Moses must have been the dumbest navigator of his day . 40 years lost in the desert, if you were motivated and fit you could hike it from egypt to israel in 10 days.

Edited by interested

2 hours ago, interested said:

As I pointed out earlier it seems no one can define what they do or do not believe in in terms of god.  Your clear none belief in the god Zeus is the only thing clear in your reply.

Egyptian gods were represented as solar discs, in Greece the gods like Zeus came down from the sky, If a Alien came down from the sky in a UFO and said I am Zeus the 111th would you worship it as god? 

Do you for instance believe in a god. If so please define your god?

!

Moderator Note

When I noted that such questions are off-topic it means don't continue to post such material in this thread.

I didn't realize that this would be confusing. Stick to addressing points raised in the OP

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Presumably you have had an irony bypass.

Nope :)

You clearly post a lot on the religious thread, so must have some beliefs along religious lines. I was merely asking you to define your beliefs more clearly and how they are related to the thread.

Edited by interested

1 hour ago, interested said:

Nope :)

You clearly post a lot on the religious thread, so must have some beliefs along religious lines. I was merely asking you to define your beliefs more clearly and how they are related to the thread.

!

Moderator Note

And I'm telling you to STOP POSTING if you aren't addressing the OP

On ‎10‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 11:42 AM, DaniWhite said:

1.)   How can something be created out of nothing? When you say, there is no god, no creator, then matter needs to pop out of nothing into the world. How can this happen? Is there a scientific law that says, yes that’s possible? I mean isn’t it the biggest wonder of all, that there is something instead of nothing. That there is an existing universe at all?

We don't know if there is a creator or if matter can come from nothing. Many very smart people, including topscientists, made lectures/papers/discussions concerning this subject but those have no scientific value.

2.)   If you say, yes there is a god or a creator, is this easier or harder to explain? I mean god needs to create itself out of nothing. Is it easier for matter to be created out of nothing, or god to create itself out of nothing?

We know matter is here but we don't know if God is here. Asking if something we don't know exists, can create itself from nothing is imo a meaningless question

3.)   Will science ever be able to gain knowledge about god and give a definite answer about its existence in the future? Is it possible through new technology or the next Einstein to gain something that we do not have today, that will make it possible for science to say something about god, or will this be impossible forever no matter what?

If there is a creator then I think we will (probably) one day be able to scientifically show it's existence.

4.)   Why can’t god be supernatural? When there is a creator who created the universe and the laws of physic. Why does the creator then have to abide by his / her own laws? Isn’t the creator bigger than live and can be supernatural?

The laws of physics concern what we say of the universe...how we interpret our observable reality.

Since the existence of God has never been proven,, it's meaningless to question if God abides in the same 'reality' as we do.

When something created gravity and atoms, etc. why can’t this something change the rules or live outside the ruleset?

Why do you ask that? If those 'rules' are changed then I suppose we no longer exist.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 9:42 AM, DaniWhite said:
On 10/11/2017 at 9:42 AM, DaniWhite said:

1.)   How can something be created out of nothing? When you say, there is no god, no creator, then matter needs to pop out of nothing into the world. How can this happen? Is there a scientific law that says, yes that’s possible? I mean isn’t it the biggest wonder of all, that there is something instead of nothing. That there is an existing universe at all?

We live in a world with a lot of beauty, complexity, things working hand in hand and consciousness. Isn’t this a bit too much for just a coincidence where matter created itself out of nothing, and no one (no creator) cares that this just happened? Where does this will to beauty, complexity, etc come from? It seems to me, that something wants to live. Something wants to be complex, etc.

3.)   Will science ever be able to gain knowledge about god and give a definite answer about its existence in the future? Is it possible through new technology or the next Einstein to gain something that we do not have today, that will make it possible for science to say something about god, or will this be impossible forever no matter what?

4.)   Why can’t god be supernatural? When there is a creator who created the universe and the laws of physic. Why does the creator then have to abide by his / her own laws? Isn’t the creator bigger than live and can be supernatural?

Firstly apologies to the OP. Quarks excluded

Do your questions not boil down to what is god or how you can define god in a sense that agrees with scientific facts and theories.

1To the best of my knowledge string theory is one of the most advanced theories in development, this theory involves multiple spacial dimensions, most of which will be forever be undetectable. Many other THEORIES exist that suggest matter can appear out of nothing ,zero energy universe etc etc. 

2 Why should god not always exist, depending on how you define your god of course. If you view the human being as being an automaton responding to external inputs, could a definition of god not be a automaton ie the universe as a whole responding to external inputs. 

3 Again this depends on what you define your god as, if you define god as the entire universe, then perhaps string theory will help you know the mind of god, if you define your god as a stone or a football player or religious leader, then I guess your god is easier to understand. 

4 What do you mean by supernatural. Ultimately all things will be explained in more and more detail. Why should all things not be connected to a certain extent especially when extra dimensions come into play. Einsteins spooky action at a distance is not supernatural it could be via other spacial dimensions. 

The above is partly what I was getting at before I was blocked. But like I said I am not religious and dont have a clue how you or anyone defines god on this forum.