Michelson and Morley experiment - analysis of possible mistakes

Masanov

What can you possibly be trying to achieve here? The MM experiment is one of the most carefully analyzed and scrutinised experiments ever performed. After a hundred years of trying, not one ounce of evidence has come up that suggests it could be inaccurate or in some way wrong.

I'm sorry to lay into you like this, but the very fact that you're posting this on an internet forum instead of, say, submitting a paper is evidence enough to suggest that you're not confident your ideas will stand up to peer review.

So, after all of this, why bother?

Forum is for discussions. You are trying to make order as an arbitrary ruler.

You are ordering around like a Bush!

If you close all my threads, I will find good forums elsewhere.

I noticed, that your forum is poorly visited.

So, I understand why!!!

Your forum is just for stealing ideas.

Okay, let's deal with this. I know it's throwing the thread off-topic, but quite frankly there's not a lot of content anyway. This stuff needs to be said.

Forum is for discussions. You are trying to make order as an arbitrary ruler.

Yes, forums are for discussions. This is a science forum, where we discuss mainstream science and help people to understand common misconceptions. Generally, there are two types of discussion on here from these sorts of people.

Discussion A:

Person: According to Theory X, this should happen but it doesn't. I'm not saying the theory is wrong, but I'd like to understand why this doesn't happen.

Peers: Unfortunately, <insert explanation here>

Person: Ah, I see. Thanks very much!

Discussion B:

Person: According to Theory X, this should happen but it doesn't. This must mean it's completely wrong and hence physics sucks.

Peers: Unfortunately, <insert explanation here>

Person: No! You are wrong!

Peers: Nope.

<20 pages of insults later>

Dave: Thread closed.

Now, unfortunately, discussion B is what we usually get around here, and I end up closing 97 million threads because people are trying to debunk perfectly reasonable and accepted scientific ideas because it doesn't agree with them, for whatever reason.

Personally, I would like discussion A to come up a lot more. However, people such as yourself see fit to ignore everything that is said to correct misconceptions. It sure would save me a lot of work trying to tidy the place up.

You are ordering around like a Bush!

Yes, I do this quite a bit to those people who refuse to listen to others who have a wealth of scientific knowledge and years of experience behind them. You had, up until today, 3 threads on debunking relativity, each with their own little 2-page arguments. Please listen to what others have to say - doing so shows no respect for them or the community in general, and you'll soon find your ideas dismissed.

If you close all my threads, I will find good forums elsewhere.

I noticed, that your forum is poorly visited.

So, I understand why!!!

There's nothing to stop you from doing this. And we're hardly poorly visited, frankly. We're about to hit our 200,000th post, and will have done by the end of the day.

Your forum is just for stealing ideas.

Er, no. This is a baseless accusation that I don't look particularly kindly upon, quite frankly.

I'd also like to point out that we've been quite tolerant of your ideas so far. Generally, we don't get annoyed at people because they're trying to disprove relativity and all that; we get annoyed because even in the face of overwhelming evidence and explanation, they continue to post the same stuff time and time again.

A lot of posts are short and misleading, guys do not read them, so 2000000000 short posts are the main goal in this forum, not real discussions. After 3000 visitor you are trying to close the thread as if you afraid of pemissivism.Happy celebrations!

By the way, quote at least one experiment proving relativity!

Annoy me with famous experiment!

Annoy me with famous experiment!

A lot of posts are short and misleading' date=' guys do not read them, so 2000000000 short posts are the main goal in this forum, not real discussions. After 3000 visitor you are trying to close the thread as if you afraid of pemissivism.

Happy celebrations![/quote']

Yeah, great. Now you're just being deliberately silly. SFN doesn't have a main 'goal' apart from to provide a forum for discussion. Trust me, we're not intimidated by your immense arguments. The reason I close these threads is because I don't want the quality posts made by swansont, Martin and our other experts to be swamped with others that do nothing but to derail threads.

If you wish to continue this debate with me, you can do it in private. I'm not having the forums cluttered with this sort of stuff.