Particle Physicist Discover Unknown Void in the Great Pyramid

DrmDoc

According to this article in The Atlantic, based on a paper published in Nature

Three groups of particle physicists using three different techniques patiently tracked muon patterns over several months—gathering evidence that a large cavity lurked in the middle of the pyramid.

This BBC News article provides a diagrams of the location and size of the newly discovered void.  Enjoy! 

Edited by DrmDoc

Interestingly the method they used relies on muons as well. In a sense ties in relativity with the exploration of the pyramids.

I do wish we could do some drilling and poke about. Really need something non-destructive though.

Edited by Endy0816

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, Endy0816 said:

Interestingly the method they used relies on muons as well. In a sense ties in relativity with the exploration of the pyramids.

I do wish we could do some drilling and poke about. Really need something non-destructive though.

There's a massive thermal anomaly on the east side 160' south of the NE corner.  There's plenty that can be done here from using a boroscope to muon detection.  This has been known about for over two years now nd nothing appears to have been done.  

22 hours ago, cladking said:

There's a massive thermal anomaly on the east side 160' south of the NE corner.  There's plenty that can be done here from using a boroscope to muon detection.  This has been known about for over two years now nd nothing appears to have been done.  

Two years ?   I thought the information had just come out  ? 

23 hours ago, cladking said:

Actually, the anomaly is right above the Grand Gallery, and of approximately the same dimensions. 

I have a theory as to what this could mean.  Personally, I believe that the currently mapped network of internal chambers and passages inside the Great Pyramid was a decoy.  Above this, according to my theory, is the real network of internal passages and chambers, an exact replica of what exists in the lower, false chambers.  These chambers I suspect may contain the Pyramid Texts, and Khufu's true burial awaits discovery in the corresponding king's chamber of the upper network.  His royal mummy and grave goods are likely there awaiting discovery. 

The true passages and chambers would have been sealed off by Khufu's son and successor Djedefre, and there is likely no genuine entrance to them.  It was simply sealed off within the masonry.  Khufu and his architect were more cunning than we give them credit for.  They have likely succeeded in deterring both ancient tomb robbers and modern archaeologists.

17 hours ago, Dingolingo said:

Two years ?   I thought the information had just come out  ? 

I've been screaming for years to have infrared scanning of the pyramid done (as well as several other tests).  They finally agreed to allow infrared after Jean Paul Houdin agree to do the work for free under the auspices of Dassault Systems beginning the third week of October of 2015.  Early results were startling but they released none of them at all except for mentioning the locations and providing this picture of the east side 160' south of the NE corner where my theory predicted a passage connected to a hot interior.

hqdefault.jpg

They found this so impossible that they published it and asked Egyptologists to propose hypotheses for the cause of its existence.  

Unsurprisingly no Egyptologist has a guess yet.  

The muon scanning has been used before as early as the 1960's but modern detectors are more sensitive and the data is more manageable with computers.  There are no viable hypotheses as to the reason this void might be here yet to my knowledge and it fits no existing theory.  There is every indication that science will finally be brought to bear on the nature of the great pyramids.  This will go very fast from this time because modern knowledge and technology has been up to solving this for decades but they would not systemtically apply science.  

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Yeah, well. I suppose they tend to ignore the screams of crackpots. Shame.

The only crackpot theory I've heard is Zahi Hawass who recently said the anomaly is caused the fact that the this vertical piece near the center of the photo is cement and this is causing the heat. 

Just about everyone else in the world knows this is a passage to an internal heat sink. 

Curiously the Egyptologists are no longer the sole voice in determining what work gets done here.  We should start getting data and answers pretty fast now.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/khufu-pyramid-void-draws-world-attention-egypt-minister/

6 hours ago, cladking said:

I've been screaming for years to have infrared scanning of the pyramid done (as well as several other tests).  They finally agreed to allow infrared after Jean Paul Houdin agree to do the work for free under the auspices of Dassault Systems beginning the third week of October of 2015.  Early results were startling but they released none of them at all except for mentioning the locations and providing this picture of the east side 160' south of the NE corner where my theory predicted a passage connected to a hot interior.

hqdefault.jpg

They found this so impossible that they published it and asked Egyptologists to propose hypotheses for the cause of its existence.  

Unsurprisingly no Egyptologist has a guess yet.  

The muon scanning has been used before as early as the 1960's but modern detectors are more sensitive and the data is more manageable with computers.  There are no viable hypotheses as to the reason this void might be here yet to my knowledge and it fits no existing theory.  There is every indication that science will finally be brought to bear on the nature of the great pyramids.  This will go very fast from this time because modern knowledge and technology has been up to solving this for decades but they would not systemtically apply science.  

So , you are upset and screaming about a different part of the pyramid that is not the subject of this Muon Scan ?

.. Wait ...    the pyramid has a 'hot interior '  ?   And you predicted it ? 

What  ? :huh:

3 hours ago, cladking said:

The only crackpot theory I've heard is Zahi Hawass who recently said the anomaly is caused the fact that the this vertical piece near the center of the photo is cement and this is causing the heat. 

Just about everyone else in the world knows this is a passage to an internal heat sink. 

Curiously the Egyptologists are no longer the sole voice in determining what work gets done here.  We should start getting data and answers pretty fast now.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/khufu-pyramid-void-draws-world-attention-egypt-minister/

Every one in the world ?    What's  going on here ?

1 hour ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

Let's stick to the topic, please. Regular pottery. Not crackpottery.

Oh sorry ... I should have scrolled down first . 

At least you explained what was going on, thanks .    I couldn't make head nor tail of it   !   :wacko:

(I am new here, I was hoping a science forum might discourage these types from posting their  ......... )

Thank you Swansont. I thought I would point that out to you. 

What I see is a void on this axis. Bit it is in the proposed chambers in the Houdin study. I wonder if another axial reading may be made to improve perspective. X, Y, and Z plotting?

Edited by John Bastien

Probably more relieving chambers. Several of the other chambers were sealed off once too.

We've found some construction info, tools and evidence of design changes, but no Indiana Jones treasure troves.

Egypt did have their own crisis which only quieted down a couple years ago. Understandable that work took a bit to resume.

16 hours ago, Endy0816 said:

Probably more relieving chambers. Several of the other chambers were sealed off once too.

We've found some construction info, tools and evidence of design changes, but no Indiana Jones treasure troves.

Egypt did have their own crisis which only quieted down a couple years ago. Understandable that work took a bit to resume.

Relieving what  ?    It appears above the Grand Gallery which has built in 'relieving'  itself   .... if it is a chamber and it is above the Grand gallery, then it itself would need another relieving chamber on top of that ... and another  ... and 

Besides , the 'relieving chambers' above the 'King's Chamber' do not 'relieve' pressure from the King's Chamber at all .  Although they got given that name ... for some reason.    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.