Bio Homework help: Water Quality Testing Chart

Kylo RenSkins

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

upload_2017-10-31_14-12-5.png

Fill-in with the correct tank letter or the condition (eg. PPM of O2) Refer to above Chart A:

__1. Which tank contained the lowest PPM of Oxygen?

__2. Which of the 4 abiotic conditions(02, C02, PH, or Temperature) is most out of line in tank...A-G?

__3. Which tank has a reading out of line with expected PH?

__4. Which tank has a reading out of line with expected temperature?

2. The attempt at a solution

Question 2 I have B or F but can't tell which is the more appropriate answer? The B tank's conditions don't line up with its expected results in comparison to the left chart. It's Oxygen should decrease but it increases and its PH should increase but decreases instead.

The F chart is off in some areas as well: Its CO2 increases when it should be lowered and its PH should rise but lowers instead?

Question 3 I have it narrowed down to B or F, as well.  B is one of my answers because I have it under the Temperature parameter and according to the chart it's PH should increase but it went down? Do I have it wrong and it is not the Temp parameter?

Question 4 I have D as the abnormality for out of line Temperatures. According to the chart in my Lab manual it Plant with Light should have increased but in the chart above it stayed the same. All the other parameters lined up with my text books predictions. Of course the chart on my homework here doesn't have temps on it so I'm not to entirely sure?

Also I am listing Night(P&F) under Respiration. Is that the correct parameter for it?

Edited by Kylo RenSkins