New name

ydoaPs

I am not happy about the renaming of the pseudoscience/metaphysics board for these reasons.

• Metaphysics is a legitimate branch of philosophy that does not deserve to be labeled as trash.
  • There are times when convential scientific aproaches are not apropriate such as when they would be unfeasable or inhumane, thus making the weaker and less credible aproaches useful.
  • Pseudoscience can be fun, and hypothetical questions about what a universe would be like given an entirely different structure can be quite exciting.
  • Calling a clearly erronous topic that's still interesting trash is being a spoil-sport and no-one likes a spoil-sport.

I do realise that there is a problem with just plain stupid posts and that has to be dealt with, but I think that by refusing the rather kooky topics as well is "throwing the baby out with the bathwater"

May I suggest the following?

The newly named "trash can" should be divided up into two boards. One should be entitled "Off the beaten track" which should cover legitimate theories and debate that don't meet the needs of conventional science. The other should be entitled "The rejection box" and it should be where moderators send topics that they view to be inapropriate for all the other boards but not candidates for deletion.

Threads merged and pruned.

May I suggest the following?

The newly named "trash can" should be divided up into two boards. One should be entitled "Off the beaten track" which should cover legitimate theories and debate that don't meet the needs of conventional science. The other should be entitled "The rejection box" and it should be where moderators send topics that they view to be inapropriate for all the other boards but not candidates for deletion.

Good point, the tree. We had been discussing some convention where threads in the Trash Can could earn there way out with legitimate arguments and evidence. Your suggestion is not without merit.

Good point, the tree. We had been discussing some convention where threads in the Trash Can could earn there way out with legitimate arguments and evidence. Your suggestion is not without merit.
for example, as this thread is discussing something relevant, with sane, constructive comments about the site, and no logical falicies, would it get moved to general discussion/suggestions and comments?

if so, would that make yourdadonapogostick the first person to have a thread moved out of the trash can ne pseudoscience forum? would he get a medal?

for example, as this thread is discussing something relevant, with sane, constructive comments about the site, and no logical falicies, would it get moved to general discussion/suggestions and comments?
Or an appropriate science sub-forum if applicable. Again, we don't want to simply say, "Other scientists don't agree with you, you're a loon, hit the road. On the other hand, we get a lot of, "I've noticed something about this theory that doesn't seem right, so I've developed one that makes more sense to me" type of crap. I don't mind that it gets posted, but when they just won't listen to anyone tell them why they're wrong it's just bad scientific method. Making mistakes is part of good science. Realizing your mistakes is even more important.

if so, would that make yourdadonapogostick the first person to have a thread moved out of the trash can ne pseudoscience forum?
No.
would he get a medal?
Most Extinguished Order of St. Combustible and St. Ignited, I believe.